IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Purely anecdotal early data from the social media tubes, but it seems like a lot of CD sets were procured in favour of the vinyl edition. Cost obviously a large factor in that - also a lot of vinyl sets might not have made it to their respective new homes yet - but it makes me curious as to how many copies of the full fat vinyl set (not the separate 3xLP releases) were produced.

For comparison, Warp20 Boxset was 5000 pressings.

I'm guessing they produced less than half of that for NTS. Far less.

Purely anecdotal early data from the social media tubes, but it seems like a lot of CD sets were procured in favour of the vinyl edition. Cost obviously a large factor in that - also a lot of vinyl sets might not have made it to their respective new homes yet - but it makes me curious as to how many copies of the full fat vinyl set (not the separate 3xLP releases) were produced.

For comparison, Warp20 Boxset was 5000 pressings.

I'm guessing they produced less than half of that for NTS. Far less.

Ehhhh. I'd say 2000 is a reasonable figure.

Quaristice Steel case sold out within 12 hours, and that was 1000 pressings. Warp know Ae can haul ass. But they also know not everyone can drop £120 plus postage just casual-like. Also don't forget that they're selling any left overs through retail channels. I'd say 2000 is a very conservative (i.e low ball) estimate.

Good points. I'll add that the vinyl edition is confined to a domestic release, so likely no coordinated production in international pressing plants further afield. It must have been one hell of a block booking for producing them, I would wager Warp has some considerable sway with the right people to make it happen in spite of things like RSD nonsense clogging up the plants.

Good points. I'll add that the vinyl edition is confined to a domestic release, so likely no coordinated production in international pressing plants further afield. It must have been one hell of a block booking for producing them, I would wager Warp has some considerable sway with the right people to make it happen in spite of things like RSD nonsense clogging up the plants.

Do you mean through retail channels it's confined to the UK, for releasing leftover boxsets? Makes sense, yeah.

Do you mean through retail channels it's confined to the UK, for releasing leftover boxsets? Makes sense, yeah.

I was more referring to how there is only one manufacture point of origin - could be UK, more likely Europe - but no pressing duplication elsewhere in the world.

Edited by jasondonervan

I was more referring to how there is only one manufacture point of origin - could be UK, more likely Europe - but no pressing duplication elsewhere in the world.

Ohhh right, yeah.

I think Warp uses Damont these days. They used to use MPO.

My box arrived in great shape.  Overall the Slipcase is made well, especially compared to the construction of warp20's slipcase. I flipped the inner box around and store it with the spine facing out so that the opening has full support. That being said:

• The inner box is at least 1/4" too large for 12 records.  I'll probably cut a few squares of archival matboard and shove them in the back to keep the inside flat
  • The record sleeves are sized for an inner liner, but there aren't any. So the records can move around a lot. Hopefully inner liners will fit in them. 
  • Since the box & sleeves are oversized, if you look at them from the top the sleeves are bowed from gravity, more or less like this ). The records look flat at least, but I haven't had a chance to play them. Hopefully filling in the gap with some archival crap will be enough. 

Still very nice. I hope it doesn't turn into a parallelogram like the warp20 set is doing

Curious if it was mastered a lot differently for the wax release. Not sure why you'd want to listen to a 100% digitally produced ae sesh on wax that you have to go and turn around every now and then, this is play and zone out stuff for me personally. Not shitting on vinyl at all, just slightly confused.

My box arrived in great shape.  Overall the Slipcase is made well, especially compared to the construction of warp20's slipcase. I flipped the inner box around and store it with the spine facing out so that the opening has full support. That being said:

• The inner box is at least 1/4" too large for 12 records.  I'll probably cut a few squares of archival matboard and shove them in the back to keep the inside flat
  • The record sleeves are sized for an inner liner, but there aren't any. So the records can move around a lot. Hopefully inner liners will fit in them. 
  • Since the box & sleeves are oversized, if you look at them from the top the sleeves are bowed from gravity, more or less like this ). The records look flat at least, but I haven't had a chance to play them. Hopefully filling in the gap with some archival crap will be enough. 

Still very nice. I hope it doesn't turn into a parallelogram like the warp20 set is doing

Good call on the (comparatively shoddy) construction of the Warp20 boxset, although mine has fared well due to being sandwiched between the rest of my collection.

I was actually a rather disappointed when my Warp20 set arrived, after having been fortunate enough to handle the NIN Ghosts I-IV Ultimate box set. So far that is the benchmark for me.

My Warp20 box actually started going mouldy from being left in my garage over a winter.  Looks partially alive now - its quite cool.

Happy with my NTS vinyl box - and yeah its made of cardboard so of course its going to give a little.

I purchased this in order to play it, that white box ain't gonna stay white for long.....

My Warp20 box actually started going mouldy from being left in my garage over a winter.  Looks partially alive now - its quite cool.

Slice some Cheddae off and put it on some toast

Fucking tDR. Should've stipulated that the box was made of carbon reinforced steel.

*whines for days about his shipment being late (temporary problem)

*snarks to others pointing out the shoddiness of the actual physical product (permanent problem)

:cisfor:

Fucking tDR. Should've stipulated that the box was made of carbon reinforced steel.

*snarks to others pointing out the shoddiness of the actual physical product (permanent problem)

I complained because (reasonable) expectations that were set by Bleep were not met. This includes notifying what appears to be the entire UK order-base that their delivery would take place on Monday, when in fact DPD hadn't come to collect the packages. Bleep could've sent another email to say sorry that DPD let them down, and that the shipment notification was no longer correct.

Anyone expecting cardboard to stay rigidly straight during the 2018 UK summer, and under the weight of 12 vinyls, is expecting too much.

Apparently the bent records can be snapped to reveal new sessions on CDs contained within the vinals. Kinda like fortune cookies but more 'cookies that cost a fortune'

Apparently the bent records can be snapped to reveal new sessions on CDs contained within the vinals. Kinda like fortune cookies but more 'cookies that cost a fortune'

There's a flash drive embedded in the box. 

I complained because (reasonable) expectations that were set by Bleep were not met. This includes notifying what appears to be the entire UK order-base that their delivery would take place on Monday, when in fact DPD hadn't come to collect the packages. Bleep could've sent another email to say sorry that DPD let them down, and that the shipment notification was no longer correct.

Anyone expecting cardboard to stay rigidly straight during the 2018 UK summer, and under the weight of 12 vinyls, is expecting too much.

Getting what you paid for when you're buying a collectible (a couple hundred dollar niche collection of vinyls) IE an item in mint condition is not expecting too much. Ludicrous idea that people should expect to get their collectible physical item in less than perfect condition. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Getting what you paid for when you're buying a collectible (a couple hundred dollar niche item) IE an item in mint condition is not expecting too much. 

You paid for a cardboard box. Cardboard gives under stress.

Do you know it's also white paper? Which will, over time, discolour?

Nonsense. 

Did you know cardboard is combustible and can be used as a fuel source? Maybe they should have just sent the burned remains/ash of the box?

Oh, wait we paid for a cardboard box in good/new condition, that's right. 

Nonsense. 

Did you know cardboard is combustible and can be used as a fuel source? Maybe they should have just sent the burned remains/ash of the box?

Oh, wait we paid for a cardboard box in good/new condition, that's right. 

Strawman argument.

Slightly bowed outer box / slightly bent inner sleeves totally equates to burnt ashen remains.

It equates to not getting what you paid for. 

Did I mention that some people have a perfect condition boxed set and others have damaged ones? Why is that fair again? Some people get a damaged box and warped vinyl and others get a perfect box and non-warped vinyl?

Definitely no argument to be made there, you're right.

Okay. Send it back then?

You don't even like NTS sessions from what I hear.

Did I mention that some people have a perfect condition boxed set and others have damaged ones? Why is that fair again?

Show me the perfect ones. I'll wait.