IGNORED

APHEX TWIN. RETAIL OPPORTUNITY.

jasondonervan

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tokyo Twin

14y3fw7.jpg

The things I would do for that Drukqs Collapsed CD, looks so mint, hopefully some make their way back for sale on the interwebs

Didn't realise the DJ Selek thing came out on CD, thought it was just digi and vinyl

There was a domestic CD version. Japan got two versions, the 'limited' of the two being a mini-vinyl sleeve... which is the one I gots

img_0172r3d2e.jpg

img_0174tnenn.jpg

img_0175zbfeh.jpg

I literally dont even have a way to play cds rn, but i would want ICBYD just because the cover is a lol.

1_3pbuvkw82sflfs23jk51x.jpg

You're tripping on acid and you meet Richard the hairy bucktoothed hillbilly

Yeah it's a classic heheh

Thanks for sharing those pics, Jason! That looked pretty rad. As with the others, I'm especially covetiting the "collapsed" versions of the back catalogue. 

Apart from the Aphex logo implanted onto the front of the face I've seen people like that. In my nightmares and in Bundaberg & fruit picking areas of South Australia.

Beware the inbreds!

Didn't realise the DJ Selek thing came out on CD, thought it was just digi and vinyl

There was a domestic CD version. Japan got two versions, the 'limited' of the two being a mini-vinyl sleeve... which is the one I gots

that's the one that's available everywhere, the jewel case is japan exclusive

Jewel case version was indeed exclusive in Japan, but the JP mini-vinyl edition (which came with a sticker and liner notes) was designated as the limited release over there - hence why the collapsed ODS is the jewel case release with a card slipped in, same as for all of the collapsed releases.

i find all this aphex merch funny, especially when rdj seems to be so anti-consumerism in recent years e.g. saying he would never buy/use a smartphone

regardless, this is all repackaged stuff from old concerts so i'll pass. i do wonder why adults are buying teddy bears bearing the afx logo tho...

Jewel case version was indeed exclusive in Japan, but the JP mini-vinyl edition (which came with a sticker and liner notes) was designated as the limited release over there - hence why the collapsed ODS is the jewel case release with a card slipped in, same as for all of the collapsed releases.

speaking of, why does Japan get jewel case versions of albums like Exai? I'm guessing it's just cheaper to manufacture

i find all this aphex merch funny, especially when rdj seems to be so anti-consumerism in recent years e.g. saying he would never buy/use a smartphone

regardless, this is all repackaged stuff from old concerts so i'll pass. i do wonder why adults are buying teddy bears bearing the afx logo tho...

What Richards says =! what actually happens/is

Archived