IGNORED

'New' vids added to official Aphex youtube

jasondonervan

Donkey Rhubarb is steller. I remember when it was released one of my good friends Sam who was massive into Jungle/DnB of the time and huge Puff Monkey told me how baked he was late Friday night round his mates house when this mental video with dancing bears came on mtv. Apparently they all ended up on the floor dying with laughter.  He didn't like the tune though, whereas I love it.

will they ever release this in 1080p?

at least windowlicker...

Depends on what Cunningham shot the videos originally in... HD stuff wasn't that common in the 90's.

I was about to check again this supposed HD 1080p version of Windowlicker that was uploaded on yt back in 2012 but now it is obviously blocked on copyright grounds... :facepalm:   probably still better version than this official 480p upload....

will they ever release this in 1080p?

at least windowlicker...

Depends on what Cunningham shot the videos originally in... HD stuff wasn't that common in the 90's.

I was about to check again this supposed HD 1080p version of Windowlicker that was uploaded on yt back in 2012 but now it is obviously blocked on copyright grounds... :facepalm:   probably still better version than this official 480p upload....

Most are just upscaled videos, and with the right tech you can take 480p and upscale to 1080p and still look decent. It's better though if the source material is of sufficient resolution and output native from there.

The biggest issue is if any CGI was used - that would need to be re-rendered in order to bring it up to the same quality as the filmed material (again, avoiding upscaling if at all possible).

The Ventolin video (which Richard has stated he hates) looks like it was shot on film (might just be a filter), so if the negatives are still around a new direct to digital output could be made, same with the others. On looks like it was shot on film as well, and CTD and Windowlicker have a cinematic quality to them so it's possible those too were shot on film and could be output to UHD if they wanted...

oh this reminds me of when i was a wee moron (instead of a grown up moron) fresh to the watmms, complaining about the quality of the official autechre vids available on bleep upon purchase of the EP box, as opposed to the HQ vids on youtube. I think it was oscillik who kindly explained to me it was impossible to get them in higher quality. Good times

oh this reminds me of when i was a wee moron (instead of a grown up moron) fresh to the watmms, complaining about the quality of the official autechre vids available on bleep upon purchase of the EP box, as opposed to the HQ vids on youtube. I think it was oscillik who kindly explained to me it was impossible to get them in higher quality. Good times

You mean the Gantz Graf EP? It's been ages, but I seem to recall that was a DVD with the video on it... should have been best possible quality at the time.

You mean the Gantz Graf EP? It's been ages, but I seem to recall that was a DVD with the video on it... should have been best possible quality at the time.

dcbeq4awkaaxhit3bd0m.jpg

dcbeq4awkaaxhit3bd0m.jpg

That. is. awesome.

its not greedy to want to have the videos available from the artist or at least the label / rights holders.

who cares how many views the previous videos had: in fact its pretty fucked that anyone can upload a music video they ripped in whatever quality, not attribute the director etc, and theoretically make money off it until the label pursues it.

dcbeq4awkaaxhit3bd0m.jpg

fuuuuck, gantz graf in HD/3D would melt my mind

dcbeq4awkaaxhit3bd0m.jpg

fuuuuck, gantz graf in HD/3D would melt my mind

On drugs...

edit: i don't do drugs

All these were released on this (awesome) DVD back in 2004:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-WarpVision-The-Videos-1989-2004/master/5398

Can't say for sure if they're in any higher quality than this though.

Yes; that's the best quality (officially) you can get those videos at currently. I actually still have that - I should pop it in and see what upscaling to 1080/4K looks like...

Archived