IGNORED

Places to find music

YangYing

Where do you guys find ur music? do you know of any gold troves? I'm curious for particularly large but rather obscure yt channels or soundclouds, spotify playlists, radio shows, bandcamps, lists.. maybe labels that u follow.. idunno.. whatever you might have stumbled by at some point that opened a rabbit hole.

I feel like now with the overwhelming amount of music available it has become really tedious to look trough everything and find anything good... I also feel like surely there is a huge amount of gold out there that will never be heard etc but maybs that's just me

Originally I was just gonna start a thread to appreciate this channel and thank whoever made it if they lurk around here but then I thought might as well start this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheIDMMaster

edit: another place that I've been listening to lately to find stuff is the zoviet france podcast a duck in a tree.. is wonderful and huge

https://zovietfrance.podbean.com

this looks great, cheers

maybe a more interesting road for this thread to take would b stuff you have found you think not many ppl know about and should? more than general tips on keeping a lookout for new music (altough those are appreciated too)

this website is loaded with great mixes.  many but not all of the djs are associated with mood hut label, but the mixes are super eclectic.  and a lot of the tracklists are logged on mixesdb.  Ive found a ton of great music this way

https://libramix.org/

this is exactly the kind of stuff in talking about.. thanks for sharing!

This is fucking excellent!

The hardest part is finding how to get into the wormholes of underground and obscure music, once you do it's a lot easier to navigate. That's how I was with tape labels back in 2012 / 2013: I went from not knowing they existed to knowing the scenes pretty well. 

I browse stores niched to my taste, bleep and boomkat,.

Follow labels, and artist that I like that jump to other labels, what are the new label mates up to?

Boiler Room dj-sets and other dj/live sets on youtube. Usually there is a track list in the comments.

Gold mine if a favorite artist does a mix, tastes are similar most of the time.

Find a good reviewer. I like checking out Needle Drop but most of the stuff he recommends doesn't stick on me. I find more through Resident Advisor.

And of course WATMM new and upcoming + knob twiddlers.

browse discogs

this website is loaded with great mixes.  many but not all of the djs are associated with mood hut label, but the mixes are super eclectic.  and a lot of the tracklists are logged on mixesdb.  Ive found a ton of great music this way

https://libramix.org/

this is exactly the kind of stuff in talking about.. thanks for sharing!

No problem! They dont update super often these days but the mixes that are there are a literal treasure trove of great music.  Whenever I need muisc at work I just pick a random mix on there.

Some of my absolute favorites are any of the mixes by Sassy J, Khotin, D. Dee, Liam Butler's Grip the Mix series, and any of the jazz focused mixes.

Following people on twitter. Musicians or just people who have interesting tastes in other areas is one way. I occasionally have a look at hardwax or clone.nl or boomkat to see what's out. It's so easy to just listen to something on apple music etc nowadays that reading previews seems pointless. If anything I will read about music that I like after I have listened to enough of it that I want to learn more. 

I listen to a lot of old shit too tho  :dadjoke:

oh yeah, looking at other people's bandcamp purchases is great too, whenever I think of it.

Other than WATMM, I read Tiny Mix Tapes, Truants, follow a shitload of people/labels on soundcloud...

Last.fm, either through Similar Artists or user libraries, usually clicked through a shout on the artist page.

oh yeah, looking at other people's bandcamp purchases is great too, whenever I think of it.

This is also good. I think I’m following close to 500 people/artists/labels on Bandcamp.

I browse stores niched to my taste, bleep and boomkat,.

Follow labels, and artist that I like that jump to other labels, what are the new label mates up to?

Boiler Room dj-sets and other dj/live sets on youtube. Usually there is a track list in the comments.

Gold mine if a favorite artist does a mix, tastes are similar most of the time.

Find a good reviewer. I like checking out Needle Drop but most of the stuff he recommends doesn't stick on me. I find more through Resident Advisor.

And of course WATMM new and upcoming + knob twiddlers.

browse discogs

Great tips all around

This is fucking excellent!

The hardest part is finding how to get into the wormholes of underground and obscure music, once you do it's a lot easier to navigate. That's how I was with tape labels back in 2012 / 2013: I went from not knowing they existed to knowing the scenes pretty well. 

Exactly! I guess maybe what would be really interesting is to share said wormholes, or specific places that lead into these wormholes...

Id say for example the yt channel on ur sig is such a place :)

edit: Maybe when the website update comes one could have a custom thread or something where things like that tape escape channel, the dungeon synth archives channel from the dungeon synth thread or xtra spice mikey from the jungle thread get grouped for an easy way into the wormholes... (or maybe thats a terrible idea?  :cat: )

• 1 month later...

I like to piss in the sink while my dick is swollen. As it is a very small dick I can only pee in the sink when it is swollen and the stream goes upwards (same direction as my dick is pointing). So I make sure it's swollen before I piss (into the sink).

edit: sorry, wrong thread

I like to piss in the sink while my dick is swollen. As it is a very small dick I can only pee in the sink when it is swollen and the stream goes upwards (same direction as my dick is pointing). So I make sure it's swollen before I piss (into the sink).

edit: sorry, wrong thread

This was very touching. Can't wait to start achieving my dreams!

Whoops, wrong thread also. 

Archived