IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yekker said:

so it doesn't really matter that Brisbot is a noob? ?

being a noob has nothing to do with post counts, my guy.

if I had to pin it down to a specific quality I'd say it has to do with "perceptiveness", or the lack thereof.

I fully concede that I'm a noob. I have no clue what's happening half the time on this forum. And I don't think I ever will, but I don't mind it at all. It's part of the fun.

the reason you don't get the concerns discussed itt is cos you're still a sweet-cheeked cherubic little noob. you seem to miss details and get half the story, e.g. being stuck on the idea that I'd like to see this turned into a metal forum. it's about keeping the place fresh and reducing the autism factor, which will inevitably multiply if this place remains fixated on a a single genre of music known to attract autists.

and I had hit exactly 20,000 posts but since the forum upgrade some appear to have been dropped, or so the count indicates. not that it matters a single shite either way.

lol. I can't tell how serious you are. Maybe due to a lack of perceptiveness or maybe the fact that words on a page fail to convey if something is sarcastic or srs. Especially when you throw the word autist around. I have trouble taking that seriously. Or at least entirely seriously. 

And I figure 'metal' can be a stand-in for any genre people on here would want to talk about. I agree with the notion that WATMM should broaden out. Which I already said several times. I thought you were taking the piss in your first post with the over-exaggerating. That's all. But apparently you're not so, nevermind.

4 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Did you say step aside my friend?

Also

Weird - I was at a party last night and this guy asked me if I'd heard Eddie Murphy's music (Herbie Hancock's album with Rock It was on, which he thought sounded like Eddie Murphy).  I told him I had no idea Eddie Murphy ever made music.  Now there's an example right here!  Synchronilicious.

16 hours ago, Brisbot said:

What this thread has taught me:
1. Half of watmm dislikes various aspects of watmm. 

2. Hello Spiral is some kinda WATMM kingpin? wat :sorcerer:

3. Adapt or DIIIIE

Overall I think even if the forum has some issues they are being over-exaggerated in this thread. It wasn't until this thread that I found out some people have issues with the forum.

98% of posts are totally fine. And as Joyrex showed us the dying bit may just be a temporary dip while not much is going on for the watmm relevant artists. I would like to see those statistics going back to like 2012 or 2013 however instead of a year or whatever it was.

So, out of curiosity, I decided to see how far back I added Google Analytics to WATMM (looks to be around April 2007):

image.png

Not quite sure what the gap in July - October 2009 was (likely the Google Analytics plugin was misconfigured somehow). The spike in September 2014 is interesting...

11 minutes ago, StephenG said:

^ Syro? (Sept 2014)

Has to be.

Interesting that there's also (slightly) more activity now than when Analord dropped back in late 2005. Then again, general global population growth might account for it.

yeah, that's a syro spike. the jump right before 2013 seems more interesting, tbh. as that one's maintained a longer period. might be some definitions, or software changing in the background so that measurements changed. other candidate might be the kickstarter. but i don't see how that could have had a sustainable impact.

from 2015 on i'd argue there's a slow drop-off to pre-2012 levels of activity. so ehm, yeah, watmm is dying.

8 hours ago, StephenG said:

^ Syro? (Sept 2014)

yeah that's why I wanted to see 2012-2013. Wanted to see how much to impacted the site. I was very active around that time myself and peeps were posting like mad. I'm actually surprised that WATMM wasn't more popular before 2012 either.

What caused the first major spike in late 2012? Caustic Window?

It would be interesting to know if the dip is from people posting less or from people leaving. I myself have been posting less the past few months but that is just a coincidence I think.

yeah, that's a syro spike. the jump right before 2013 seems more interesting, tbh. as that one's maintained a longer period. might be some definitions, or software changing in the background so that measurements changed. other candidate might be the kickstarter. but i don't see how that could have had a sustainable impact.

I remember it being on various news sites at the time. Probably the most news/outside attention WATMM has ever gotten.

i'm guessing the 2010 spike is Oversteps, and the spike is about the same as the 2012 spike .

discogs says Analord bonus tracks / rephlex website was December 2009 but don't think i'm seeing a spike there. 

Archived