IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Brisbot said:

yeah that's why I wanted to see 2012-2013. Wanted to see how much to impacted the site. I was very active around that time myself and peeps were posting like mad. I'm actually surprised that WATMM wasn't more popular before 2012 either.

What caused the first major spike in late 2012? Caustic Window?

It would be interesting to know if the dip is from people posting less or from people leaving. I myself have been posting less the past few months but that is just a coincidence I think.

I remember it being on various news sites at the time. Probably the most news/outside attention WATMM has ever gotten.

Caustic Window Kickstarter was July/August 2014

40 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

maybe unban cwm ?

It was a temp ban (I wasn't the person who banned him) I think...

OH! I see what you mean... er, no thanks in that regard!

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Now this thread is dying...

Every thread dies just like people. Starts out hot, gets lot of posts and attention, then gets old and worn out, it starts telling people get off its lawn, then it dies. Then everybody forgets it existed within one to three generations of threads. 

On 7/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Salvatorin said:

perhaps it is because the core of watmm is a bunch of irreverent egotists who use their intellects to put down others - that have no real passion for music but rather use this idm forum as an outlet for their elitist pretensions...?

That's pretty much it. I've come back because I remember that the place was decent, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Most of what I see is either trolling, immature jokes (or very bad ones...), shitposting, memes, and very little knowledge on the topic the forum is supposed to be about. The place seems filled with toxic behavior.

What I like about forums is learning new things and share interesting information about a common interest. As it is now, I feel I've wasted my time coming here tonight.

Meanwhile, IDM Forum and Twoism are decent places on which I think I'll spend more time.

I'll come back here in 6 months to see if anything changed.

Archived