IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

On 5/21/2020 at 5:22 AM, bendish said:

Thanks Boris. 

Mmm, im sceptical of this..to be fair i had no problems getting my self-employed grant, fairplay, but, can't get emotional swept away with it like this chappy..felt more like a tax rebate i was due

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, bendish said:

Thanks Boris. 

Nothing like a bit of cash to blind the eyes of prospective voters.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zero said:

that's quite an attractive cardboard cutout in the middle there. wonder how many dudes are gonna go try and bang it

https://www.eater.com/2020/5/21/21263030/restaurants-social-distancing-mannequins-screens-dolls

spacer.png

she seems to lack a mid-riff and legs. never stopped me before, giggity.

29 minutes ago, zero said:

that's quite an attractive cardboard cutout in the middle there. wonder how many dudes are gonna go try and bang it

https://www.eater.com/2020/5/21/21263030/restaurants-social-distancing-mannequins-screens-dolls

spacer.png

She looks a bit shallow to me.

• Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, IDEM said:

She looks a bit shallow to me.

probably so, but it's not like you'd have to listen to her or anything. 

26 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

she seems to lack a mid-riff and legs. never stopped me before, giggity.

lol I didn't even notice. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zero said:

probably so, but it's not like you'd have to listen to her or anything. 

lol I didn't even notice. 

you must be a breast man! a nice ankle rocks my boat..a centrefold of ankles of the world.....drool

Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

Carnegie Mellon University researchers analyzed over 200 million tweets discussing COVID-19 and related issues since January and found that roughly half the accounts — including 62% of the 1,000 most influential retweeters — appeared to be bots, they said in a report published this week.

That's a far higher level of bot activity than usual, even when it comes to contentious events — the level of bot involvement in discussions about things like US elections or natural disasters is typically 10% to 20%.

The researchers identified bots using artificial-intelligence systems that analyze accounts' frequency of tweets, number of followers, and apparent location.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nearly-half-of-reopen-america-twitter-accounts-are-bots-report-2020-5

so fucked up.

meanwhile, the bottom-line US chart, which towers above those of other countries, looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f5362472e58bad68efde9a5d3ba876b9.png

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

barely declining, overall.

but the thing about this US plateau that people need to understand is this:

The number of new daily infections in the US overall appears to have plateaued, but that figure is skewed by results from the tristate region, where 40% of the nation's coronavirus cases are located. New York state alone represents more than 25% of the total cases nationwide. 

ny nj ct vs rest of country daily covid cases

https://www.businessinsider.com/states-easing-lockdown-restrictions-premature-us-cases-rising-2020-5

NY, New Jersey and Connecticut all coordinated on aggressive distancing measures starting in late march, and they constituted most of the US cases. as they were getting it under control, the rest of the US was conistently getting seeded. so right now most of the US is actually on an up-swing, as they are reopening. 

and all of this, our actions now, bears consequence on the stage that is to come in the fall and the winter, when experts warn we are likely to encounter a more difficult time, because of the seasonality of respiratory infections. this dopey, corrupt GOP and conservative media may not only be fucking us royally by having contributed to letting the US epidemic be this bad up to the present, they may actually be setting us up for an even worse cataclysm, on the horizon.

and no, elon musk, the death numbers are not fictitious. excess death tracking confirms what epidemiologists say: the true US death toll is likely higher than the reported one. the real death toll could be tens of thousands of deaths more, and you can go further if you include non-covid deaths caused by not being able to receive treatment for something else. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

29 minutes ago, very honest said:

Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

https://www.businessinsider.com/nearly-half-of-reopen-america-twitter-accounts-are-bots-report-2020-5

so fucked up.

kind of expected though ay? 

also, big surprise ?   most rural places have limited resources to deal with lot's of hospitalizations. limited staffing...  often there is no intensive care unit in the local clinic and maybe no ventilators etc. every flu season many get overwhelmed so with something like covid they'll be a mess. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/the-next-death-wave-from-covid-19-will-be-the-poor-rural-and-white/

The next death wave from COVID-19 will be the poor, rural and white

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

kind of expected though ay? 

also, big surprise ?   most rural places have limited resources to deal with lot's of hospitalizations. limited staffing...  often there is no intensive care unit in the local clinic and maybe no ventilators etc. every flu season many get overwhelmed so with something like covid they'll be a mess. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/the-next-death-wave-from-covid-19-will-be-the-poor-rural-and-white/

The next death wave from COVID-19 will be the poor, rural and white

RIP Trump supporters

Doesn't mean I'll be having a field day though. And neither does this necessarily impede Trump's chances at a second term, if the Electoral College has taught us anything.

TBH this whole thing is tragic given how gullible a lot of these folks are. For all the problems they're dealing with, they yield to Trump to give them scapegoats to target as a placebo for their woes - a false solution. He's playing them like a fiddle.

Edited by timbre monke

4 minutes ago, BCM said:

hands up whoever else is bored shitless of fucking coronavirus.

like fucking yawn, what else is new?

well my gran just died if that helps 

Spoiler

just kidding she died years ago

• Like 2

Brazil is getting lit up now. What was that conspiracy theory screen cap from 4chan about? It was in this thread early on, like early March. Was from someone who supposedly posted in January about how it would move from China to Italy then really have a breakout in Brazil and mutate in their bat population then it would be off to the races. I read it as wild eyed conspiracy theory at the time but who knows now, it's might play out like that.

6 minutes ago, manmower said:

sounds like someone fed him info about what's possible. speculation w/perhaps some inside info about the potential for a pandemic etc etc. 

• Farnsworth 1

Yeah, it's also a shame that while most of what they wrote made sense to me, I don't understand the South American bat thing at all,  i.e., why they'd specifically pose such a high risk of mutation into much deadlier strain.

Just quoting because @hijexx brought it up.

47 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Brazil is getting lit up now. What was that conspiracy theory screen cap from 4chan about? It was in this thread early on, like early March. Was from someone who supposedly posted in January about how it would move from China to Italy then really have a breakout in Brazil and mutate in their bat population then it would be off to the races. I read it as wild eyed conspiracy theory at the time but who knows now, it's might play out like that.

Doesn't help that trump.br AKA Carl Satan is in charge either

This has got to be the most irritating video I have ever watched. I'm hoping this bastard is just misinformed, and isn't being willfuly ignorant. He says so many dumbass things and blames "the liberals" for the lockdowns. Why can't people on either side stop thinking every choice the other side makes is bad? I don't understand how anything will ever get done when people like him, with tens of thousands of subscribers, go around encouraging you to go out and basically willfully perpetuate this virus. It's so frustrating.

Edited by KingBo0
  • Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, KingBo0 said:

This has got to be the most irritating video I have ever watched. I'm hoping this bastard is just misinformed, and isn't being willfuly ignorant. He says so many dumbass things and blames "the liberals" for the lockdowns. Why can't people on either side stop thinking every choice the other side makes is bad? I don't understand how anything will ever get done with people like him, with tens of thousands of subscribers, go around encouraging you to go out and basically willfully perpetuate this virus. It's so frustrating.

it's as if he took all the stupid internet comments and made a video out of them