IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

33 minutes ago, ignatius said:

sadly i think when a person or persons they know get sick and or die they'll wake up a little but that's not even a guarantee. 

it seems pretty certain that there will be a bi gspike in cases here in theUSA w/more hospitalizations and deaths. the protests alone will be responsible for more cases.. all it takes is one or two asymptomatic people, or people infected but unaware, in the mix and poof.. another cluster of cases. 

All you need to do is look across to South Korea to see what happened when they relaxed things a little. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/10/853468647/south-korea-records-spike-in-new-coronavirus-cases-after-nightclub-outbreak

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

All you need to do is look across to South Korea to see what happened when they relaxed things a little. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/10/853468647/south-korea-records-spike-in-new-coronavirus-cases-after-nightclub-outbreak

Thing is, the US is full of morons who think this won't happen here because Jesus or something. You may as well tell them about a nightclub outbreak on Mars. We are gonna individual rights ourselves out of existence.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

At this point Gatorade as a corporation can tell people that electrolytes are beneficial to their household flora and the MAGA goons would believe it, if you catch my drift.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

14 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

thinking the best thing to do is if you are concerned about the virus (as you should be) continue to stay home as much as you can and just let the maga dorks and other careless people do their stupid thing and get sick. when the infection numbers rocket in the next few weeks, pat yourself on the back for doing the right thing. this goes for UK, Aus, anywhere that is 'relaxing restrictions' seemingly for no real reason aside from 'we're bored and da economeee'

if the numbers don't shoot back up it can only really mean that enough people have caught it at this point that there's nowhere left for the virus to go. which is great, but i doubt this is the case.

it sucks. a lot of people gonna ignore their local governors one way or the other. more division will happen. some people will stay home and some will not. hopefully more will stay home. the 

as for where the virus has to go.. there's only 4 million or so cases world wide so there's plenty of people to infect.. in the USA there's 1.3+ million and 80,000+ deaths. 

9 hours ago, zkom said:

I just had a 6 hour train ride with every seat booked even in the first class. RIP me.

Last saturday the Dutch railway company had to send out an announcement asking people to

STOP. TAKING. TRAINS. TO. GO. TO. THE. BEACH.

1 hour ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

if the numbers don't shoot back up it can only really mean that enough people have caught it at this point that there's nowhere left for the virus to go. which is great, but i doubt this is the case.

We’re starting to see it spread to more rural communities in the US now. These areas are the ones that didn’t think they would be affected because of how it seemed to be confined to big cities, etc. They still won’t figure it out until it’s too late and their hospitals will be overrun. Even then, I’m expecting to be shocked and surprised by some new defiance of logic I could have never imagined possible. 

• Like 1

Rest assured that people here in France aren’t any wiser, wearing a mask and basic social distancing is apparently none of people's concern too.

Lockdown ends today here... until global carelessness confines us again soon I’m afraid.

• Burger 1

People seem to be back to their old ways here as well, but we managed to stop the pandemic early on. I guess the second wave will hit harder.

• Sad 1

Yep, second wave is definitely around the corner.  People are out in droves where I am.  Parks are busier than they are typically during non-pandemic times.  Once there was mention of pubs/restaurants reopening, it's like everyone collectively went "fuck it" and ran to the nearest public gathering spot.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

Massachusetts: Still not open

We some smart motherfuckers

but you still live in Massachusetts, and really, is that life at all? :duckhunt:

here in Louisiana, they pulled me back to working at the office (had been working from home for about 6 weeks or so?) last week, others that had been able to work at home are starting back to the office this week. it sucks. working from home is so much fucking nicer, more productive, etc. also probably less potentially deadly, but the state is starting to 'partially' open back up here soon so! okay! sure! i don't have any choice! :cat: 

To the Saxons thinking of crossing the border to visit our national parks, we’re all armed & will Straw Dogs you & your families.

Hopefully Scotland & Cymru can eventually leave the union & join Eire in a new west & north side coalition massive. This requires a sycophantic anthem:

Edited by cwmbrancity
Fnnnnnnnn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Australia is opening back up ! We did it !!

castle rock colorado is opening back up too. they did it !!

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

9 hours ago, auxien said:

but you still live in Massachusetts, and really, is that life at all? :duckhunt:

here in Louisiana...

Why do you even bother

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

Why do you even bother

i ask myself that every day

me aside, Louisiana is great. also it's terrible. but at least it's something. 

our governor said today 'phase 1' of reopening is starting, which...well, i imagine this is basically going to be entirely opening the floodgates. many here weren't doing any quarantining/etc really (plenty were, lots of masks and gloves about) but some places were getting hit already, so i'm expecting a rebound here in the next few weeks. would be pretty surprised if there's not a resurgence over the next months...this goes for plenty of more rural/southern areas. we'll see, someone quote this in a month and let's see

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, auxien said:

i ask myself that every day

me aside, Louisiana is great. also it's terrible. but at least it's something. 

our governor said today 'phase 1' of reopening is starting, which...well, i imagine this is basically going to be entirely opening the floodgates. many here weren't doing any quarantining/etc really (plenty were, lots of masks and gloves about) but some places were getting hit already, so i'm expecting a rebound here in the next few weeks. would be pretty surprised if there's not a resurgence over the next months...this goes for plenty of more rural/southern areas. we'll see, someone quote this in a month and let's see

saw this posted end of April...  we'll see. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

right but we do accept that this is only a tally of confirmed cases. surely 2x as many have had it and not been confirmed, could even be 8x if you consider how many asymptomatic cases exist.

it's still not the entire country or anything though, i get this.

yeah. definitely. i mean, w/o real massive testing we just don't know. all the more reason to get as much data as possible before making decisions to reopen anything etc. a lot of places are just flying blind. crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. 

• Like 1