IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

1 hour ago, neurone said:

oh  it's still a thing, actually I can find almost anything that exists (320k mp3 easily,  but also often .wav or flacs) whatever music genre it is.

you might even find your own music in someone's shared folder somewhere on earth

Dafuq it still exists! Must have been in another life. Well, I'm 48.

6 hours ago, goDel said:

He is? Wait. Seriously? He's a scientist? Field? 

Please, don't be a dick and say he's a scientist in how he crafts his tunes.

He's more of a magician.

• Farnsworth 1

I thought sean said something about rebuilding their whole system. That led me to believe this would be entirely new sounding stuff but the art references the onesix stuff. Maybe more polished production but still in that sound palette?

I know few people have said this could be continuation of onesix sound but based on absolutely nothing at all, I have a strong feeling this album will be them handing us a new bunch of parameters and sound very different from last few releases! 

• Like 3

TBH I just read it as their logo currently, rather than attaching it to the one six stuff.

Forgive my unsteady mouse hand. I had to do it left handed as I'm still fapping over the news of SIGN

ae.jpg

• Like 3

Based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, I think the sound will land somewhere between Onesix and Exai. I'd be ecstatic over a return to their more melodic sound but I think those days are behind them. Massively hyped for this all the same, and am confident I'll like it no matter what direction they go with it. 

Lots of chatter on the artwork, which you know, sure. It could be more interesting. But I think it'll fit the aesthetic of the album and nobody will care a week after it's out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, I think the sound will land somewhere between Onesix and Exai. I'd be ecstatic over a return to their more melodic sound but I think those days are behind them. Massively hyped for this all the same, and am confident I'll like it no matter what direction they go with it. 

Lots of chatter on the artwork, which you know, sure. It could be more interesting. But I think it'll fit the aesthetic of the album and nobody will care a week after it's out. 

Zabriskie Point rules

• Like 1