IGNORED

Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

7FM is awesome. great Fol3-style "i'm falling down this huge-ass tunnel" vibes, and then the beat is so rich and keeps it anchored in a really satisfying way.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kieselguhr kid said:

just got my dispatch note from bleep :catsalute:

Dispatched: 16 November 2020, 08:36 UTC

Autechre
PLUS
Vinyl (2×LP) 2LP in printed inners in wide spine printed outer. DL card.

Now, where's p1p2?

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1

Actually I have to backpedal a bit on my comments about artwork not mattering at all - if I had a cool cabinet like that I’d definitely enjoy displaying my vinyl artwork and switching it out from time to time!

• Like 2

When got and listened to SIGN I was like "this is cool" but wasn't totally sold until about 5 to 6 listens. Then I went to get my tumor and right kidney removed. When I came home I realized that they released PLUS. Listened to it and was immediately like "THIS IS MY JAMS!"

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Farnsworth 1

11 minutes ago, QBLA said:

When got and listened to SIGN I was like "this is cool" but wasn't totally sold until about 5 to 6 listens. Then I went to get my tumor and right kidney removed. When I came home I realized that they released PLUS. Listened to it and was immediately like "THIS IS MY JAMS!"

I was gonna mock you in a childish way for not liking SIGN immediately, but you got a kidney removed to get rid of cancer? That's rough mate and I hope you will be alright and it was just a temporary disturbance of the usual business in your system. Fuck uncontrolled cell division activity. And yes, PLUS is the epitome of human existence & creativity

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 4

Seconded, hope you good QBLA.

At first listen to PLUS I was like aw yeah. This is what I want.

A bit further along the line I can't help (like many here it seems) but feel like SIGN hangs much better as an "album", it's much more of a piece. But now I'm thinking that it may just be a matter of pacing/track sequencing. Like there's a bunch of short tracks to kick off, then 2 epics broken by one short track in the middle followed by a bunch of SIGN offcuts then a final epic. Feel like there's a puzzle there to take it apart and put it back together in a way that flows better as a piece. Feels a bit sacrilegious tho. Still I might have a go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dingformung said:

I was gonna mock you in a childish way for not liking SIGN immediately, but you got a kidney removed to get rid of cancer? That's rough mate and I hope you will be alright and it was just a temporary disturbance of the usual business in your system. Fuck uncontrolled cell division activity. And yes, PLUS is the epitome of human existence & creativity

5 hours ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Seconded, hope you good QBLA.

At first listen to PLUS I was like aw yeah. This is what I want.

A bit further along the line I can't help (like many here it seems) but feel like SIGN hangs much better as an "album", it's much more of a piece. But now I'm thinking that it may just be a matter of pacing/track sequencing. Like there's a bunch of short tracks to kick off, then 2 epics broken by one short track in the middle followed by a bunch of SIGN offcuts then a final epic. Feel like there's a puzzle there to take it apart and put it back together in a way that flows better as a piece. Feels a bit sacrilegious tho. Still I might have a go.

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

yes, @QBLA i hope you're mending well! 

Thanks guys! Not quite cancer free, but I'm getting there.

I do like SIGN. I'm just used to the more abrasive side of AE from the past like 7 years. But I love the direction of SIGN after each listen.

• Like 9

So I had a dick around with the tracklist last night, ended up with:

1. DekDre Scap B

2. ecol4

3. 7FM ic

4. ii pre esc

5. lux 106 mod

6. marhide

7. X4

8. esle 0

9. TM1 open

I don't usually change tracklists, feel a bit presumptuous tbh. But I listened this morning and this worked well for me.

P.S. ecol4 has everything I could ever want in one track.

Edited by EXTRASUPER81
  • Like 1