IGNORED

SIGN or PLUS?

Joyrex

SIGN or PLUS? Which is Better?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. SIGN or PLUS - Which Do You Prefer Over The Other?

• SIGN
    • PLUS
    • It's like choosing between children... I cannot
    • Both are equally great
    • I didn't like either

i've listened to SIGN 6 or 7 times and PLUS only once, but based on that first impression alone, PLUS is the one for me.

i prefer the beat-centric/complex side of their work, so naturally i gravitate more towards green boi. however, i will say that SIGN has some of the best ambient pieces they've ever done.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

19 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

Tend to agree. Had me go "woah" the most initially, and still does. Perfect mix of complexity and lushness, also super elaborate build up/ -down macro structure. Pretty much impeccable, basically.

More winner:

SIGN - si00, formz, r cazt

PLUS - marhide, TM1... Dr. Dre would be contender, but it's just too short to work as more than an intro, i'm afraid.

k fuk it let's throw ecol4 in the mix, too. of the 2  12+ mins behemoths this is clearly the winner anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My ultimate album from the two:

1. M4 Lema  2. F7  3. au14  4. DekDre Scap B  5. ecol4  6. Metaz form8  7. X4,  8. r cazt

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Lianne said:

1. M4 Lema  2. F7  3. au14  4. DekDre Scap B  5. ecol4  6. Metaz form8  7. X4,  8. r cazt

To me, in that order...

M4 Lema
DekDre Scap B
schmefd 2
ecol4
n Cur
Metaz form8
r cazt
marhide
X4

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Lianne said:

So far this is verbatim my list as well, except #2 is 7FM instead of F7

5 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

k fuk it let's throw ecol4 in the mix, too. of the 2  12+ mins behemoths this is clearly the winner anyway.

I would agree if not for that stunning 04:50 introduced rotary/shivering part in X4 that just keeps singing its own song. It makes the track blossom despite some sorta usual stylistic moves

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

What if they came out with MINUS, a collection of outtakes and remixes of PLUS and SIGN...

Lol I got excited this morning - logged into facebook and warp had posted "Autechre 'MORE" - I thought we had a third album.

Turns out facebook had just randomly decided to translate PLUS into MORE thinking the original post was in French =/.

edit: lol I guess Autechre does kind of look like a French word.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Lol I got excited this morning - logged into facebook and warp had posted "Autechre 'MORE" - I thought we had a third album.

Turns out facebook had just randomly decided to translate PLUS into MORE thinking the original post was in French =/.

edit: lol I guess Autechre does kind of look like a French word.

Well, lel