IGNORED

Dostrotime [2024]

Consul

Missed the party but on a long drive later and have the downloads so im gonna brain-party up the motorway. Reviews sound great!

Edited by phudoshin

If Be Up A Hello was a partial revisiting of the Big Loada sound, this one recalls Ultravisitor. The sombre solo guitar pieces surrounded by these dense apocalyptic breakbeak assaults & epic reverb-soaked 303 lines.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

I'm a newborn baby and am just figuring the world out! Where the hell can I stream this, I don't see it available to stream on Apple Music or Bandcamp

It won't be on streaming for a while it seems like. You can buy it on Bandcamp (and stream on mobile).

5 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Missed the party but on a long drive later and have the downloads so im gonna brain-party up the motorway. Reviews sound great!

Scracth that - its snowing haeavyat th edesintination so trip abandoned - AND my vinyl came so.... waxtime

• Like 1

After a first listen I have a feeling that this might be his best album, and will probably become my favourite. It has an overwhelming energy.

Enbounce is a grown-up Paris track and currently stands out for me !!

6 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

This man buried the entire warp roster with this one

He totally dostrotimed the shit out of Evan Christ for sure

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

I feel like something interesting about this album, especially in light of the accompanying track comments from hannah at warp, is that it's made on so many different systems/setups/methods. Theres pure digital like wendorlan, theres the hardware approach ones, theres the guitar ones that are pretty much raw performances, theres the guitar solo performances that have been edited ultravisitor/hello-everything style. What makes this feel cohesive is not from the sounds or the setups as much as approach of the artist and techniques and flow of the tracks. Almost like tom took a step back after the last run of albums since Ultravisitor and was like, I've mastered all of these tools, how can I destroy my artistic habits and morph each of these into a vision of a newer better but different exciting sound? Guy constantly reinvents himself for sure, but this feels different somehow, feels like more pure intention.

• Like 3

solid album. best thing i've heard in a while actually. but def not what i was expecting...

i thought the whole thing would go hard as fuck. was hoping this would be an album i could chuck on my headphones while kicking civilians in the fucking chin, and while there are of course some heavy moments, wendorlan was prob the most mental tune here after all.

however, on reflection, the variety here is nice. ticks all the boxes. and i've still got nts mix for the chin-kicking so it's a win win 💖

• Like 2

It's everything I hoped for!!! Brutal and beautiful.

Fantastic album! So good from start to finish. Duneray is my favourite at the moment.

👏👏👏

• Like 1

there's some ear worms in this one for sure. some of the riffs and stuff stuck with me today when i was out running around doing life admin bullshit. it's crazy how the shredder aspects of the bass playing fit in this record. a few of those 'guitar god' satriani type things pop out in a couple tracks then go away and bunch of rad things happen. really digging this record. 

i think it's a perfect follow up to Be Up a Hello which i also really love. i might have to make a playlist of all the bombastic tracks from both these records. 

• Like 2