IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't play shit because NVIDIA released shit drivers that crash my PC whenever I play a game that uses 3D which is like all of them. Fuck NVIDIA and their shitty drivers and rolling back them does not help. Should have gone with a Radeon instead.

I can't play shit because NVIDIA released shit drivers that crash my PC whenever I play a game that uses 3D which is like all of them. Fuck NVIDIA and their shitty drivers and rolling back them does not help. Should have gone with a Radeon instead.

Use a driver cleaning tool and reinstall without the 3D Vision driver.

me neither, felt too clunky. i like most of the genre, starting with elite. eve is a masterpiece (never got too deep into it tho).

Posting for WATMM advice

Usually been a Nintendo player but I got a PS3 for xmas and was looking for game recommendations. I played and beat the Goldeneye revamp, and I am also playing GTA IV and Dead Island. I'm looking into the first Portal game to buy, looks pretty cool.

Any other games I should definitely check out?

Guest bitroast

yeah, get orange box for Portal 1. Portal 2 is worth picking up as well.

Red Dead Redemption is pretty essential, and better than GTA4 imo.

Skyrim. Dark Souls. Metal Gear Solid 4 (if you've played the other games in the series, especially). Uncharted 2 and 3 (1 is pretty skippable).

also, download Wipeout HD + fury from the PSN. make it even better by putting IDM on your harddrive to use as a custom playlist :)

Limbo + Outland are other pretty excellent games on the PSN worth checking out.

Posting for WATMM advice

Usually been a Nintendo player but I got a PS3 for xmas and was looking for game recommendations. I played and beat the Goldeneye revamp, and I am also playing GTA IV and Dead Island. I'm looking into the first Portal game to buy, looks pretty cool.

portal 1 is totally screwed on on ps3. I would skip straight to portal 2 and forget about the orange box, or play that on pc or even xbox.

uncharted 2 and 3 are great (action more over the top than just about any movie)

infamous is good (the 2nd one is IMO not very good)

assassin's creed 2 and everything after it is amazing. (seriously, everybody should give this game series a chance that hasn't, one of the most impressive games out there)

God of war collection and god of war 3. (really epic button-mashers)

Shadow of the collossus + ico collection (pure gaming art)

heavy rain (strange experiment in interactive cinema, very captivating)

dead space 1 and 2. (two amazingly engineered games, beautiful graphics great gameplay, in space, with aliens and gore)

batman arkham asylum and arkham city. (the amount of detail and originality put into the gameplay will surprise you, I assumed it was just another franchise cash-grab)

red dead redemption. (must play, breathtaking game)

metal gear solid HD collection + metal gear solid 4. (play in order, reason I bought a ps3)

bioshock. (similar to dead space in the alternate world it puts you in)

limbo (amazing sidescroller, short but every second gushes beauty)

demons souls (nice little action rpg, very unique)

la noire ( i just started this one, fun, but I don't know how good it actually is. I just really like the atmosphere an polish so far.)

these are all games that blow my mind that they even exist, they are that good/amazing to experience.

Guest bitroast

I couldnt finish la noire :/

If you get into it I'm sure it's the best shit ever, but it definitely wasn't for me.

I couldnt finish la noire :/

If you get into it I'm sure it's the best shit ever, but it definitely wasn't for me.

It's not the best shit ever. It's a good tech demo but gameplay wise it loses its charm after a couple of hours (about half way through the game) because what it comes down to is that it's a video game and video games are by default binary or at least force a player to choose between a couple of options so you never get the feeling that you're actually a detective solving a crime. You're a detective who asks pre-composed questions and makes pre-composed choices. It's a harsh way of putting it but fair I would say.

Another thing is that the facial-expression-interrogation gameplay doesn't really work. Every now and then it's hard to figure out what the facial expressions mean plus the keywords on the notepad do not do a great job at explaining what the actual accussation or question will be.

The game also pulls the player out of the fun of interrogating (wow, that sounds wrong) when it immediately tells you that you asked about the wrong thing. Plus, why would asking about the wrong item hurt an interrogation? The city itself isn't very succesful either. It's there and you can drive around on the streets and what not but for what? The only time you're driving is between missions.

Posting for WATMM advice

If you like platformers (since you are a Nintendo player, I would assume you are), check out Rayman Origins - just beat it (fantastic game, even more fun with 2 or more players), and is very long, and very challenging.

Posting for WATMM advice

portal 1 is totally screwed on on ps3. I would skip straight to portal 2 and forget about the orange box, or play that on pc or even xbox.

uncharted 2 and 3 are great (action more over the top than just about any movie)

assassin's creed 2 and everything after it is amazing. (seriously, everybody should give this game series a chance that hasn't, one of the most impressive games out there)

dead space 1 and 2. (two amazingly engineered games, beautiful graphics great gameplay, in space, with aliens and gore)

batman arkham asylum and arkham city. (the amount of detail and originality put into the gameplay will surprise you, I assumed it was just another franchise cash-grab)

metal gear solid HD collection + metal gear solid 4. (play in order, reason I bought a ps3)

la noire ( i just started this one, fun, but I don't know how good it actually is. I just really like the atmosphere an polish so far.)

these are all games that blow my mind that they even exist, they are that good/amazing to experience.

I LOLed heartily at you calling Demon's Souls (or Dark Souls for that matter) a "nice little action RPG". That game can consume your life if you're not careful.

Posting for WATMM advice

I actually accidentally got the PAL version of the Orange Box for my NTSC PS3 (via ebay) and it runs better than it did on my computer (at least after the automatic download of the patched version). Even the load times aren't that bad. I can't imagine the NTSC version runs any worse.

Portal sucking on PS3 is greatly exaggerated imo. Haven't tried HL2/ep1/ep2 or team fortress yet (don't even know if TF will work with the wrong region disc and a north american ps3 account), but Portal is not horrible on ps3, and the orange box is worth it for portal alone. Plus, quick saves are easier on the PS3 version than on XBOX, IIRC.

(This was an xmas gift for my gf, who has never played Portal).

I got the whole Uncharted series for myself as a new PS3 owner. They're all must-buys. The first isn't the best in the series, but I hate starting anything relatively plot/character driven in the middle of a series. In any case, Uncharted 1 is no slouch.

yeah, it is playable on ps3, although I never beat portal on ps3 because it always ended up crashing on me before I saved. I had a reoccuring crackling audio problem on all of the games, which really annoyed me. The framerate problem is minor and greatly exaggerated. I just think if you have the option then get it on another platform. Still worth it for the half life games.

ok, I got a 50 dollar giftcard to amazon and was going to use it on Skyrim, until I heard the PS3 version is completely bugged and fucked up. Can anyone here confirm this? This shit really pisses me off, either finish a game or don't fucking release it.

I figured if that doesn't work out I'm going with the following options:

Ass Creed Revelations

Demon's Souls (I haven't played any of these games yet...start with the first, yes?)

LA Noire Complete Edition

MGS HD Collection

Batman Arkham Asylum

I always love a good Ass Creed game...but it would be fun to replay the MGS stuff in HD if it looks nice enough...plus my PS2 just died

But I really really fucking want Skyrim.

ok, I got a 50 dollar giftcard to amazon and was going to use it on Skyrim, until I heard the PS3 version is completely bugged and fucked up. Can anyone here confirm this? This shit really pisses me off, either finish a game or don't fucking release it.

Ass Creed Revelations

Demon's Souls (I haven't played any of these games yet...start with the first, yes?)

MGS HD Collection

Batman Arkham Asylum

I always love a good Ass Creed game...but it would be fun to replay the MGS stuff in HD if it looks nice enough...plus my PS2 just died

Yeah, the PS3 version has been fucked. It was so bad that Skyrim for the PS3 eventually dropped like 50% in price. They've already updated it three times but hopefully for the PS3 owners some time this month a new patch will make sure that they get to play Skyrim without dragons flying backwards or load files that corrupts the game.

http://www.giantbomb...his-month/3902/

they lowered the price? its still almost 60 bucks on amazon.

I remember there was a similar stink about F:NV, but I luckily bought that for 20 dollars right before a patch released that fixed everything.

Uncharted 2 looks so fucking pretty. My girlfriend watched me play for an hour or so last night, and I asked her if she wanted a go with it, but she just kept staring at the screen in rough approximation of the wtf emoticon.

they lowered the price? its still almost 60 bucks on amazon.

I remember there was a similar stink about F:NV, but I luckily bought that for 20 dollars right before a patch released that fixed everything.

Only for a short period of time. At one point it costed around 30 pounds on Shopto.net because it wasn't really moving as many copies as the 360 and PC version

I most likely am just a lucky case, but Skyrim worked great for me. I managed to platinum it after 155 hours of play time. The only problem I encountered was the occasional frame rate issue in Whiterun only. But I've heard of other people having lots of problems. So buy at your own discretion.

I beat Rage a couple days ago. It was much shorter than I expected. I thought it would be at least 20 hours. It took me 11 hours to beat it. And yes, I did lots of side quests. Good game though.

Started a game in Prince of Persia for PS3. Not bad so far. I think I might finally play Fallout: New Vegas after I beat it.

Ass Creed Revelations

MGS HD Collection

Batman Arkham Asylum

Yeah, the PS3 version has been fucked. It was so bad that Skyrim for the PS3 eventually dropped like 50% in price. They've already updated it three times but hopefully for the PS3 owners some time this month a new patch will make sure that they get to play Skyrim without dragons flying backwards or load files that corrupts the game.

http://www.giantbomb...his-month/3902/

new skyrim patch coming out for ps3 supposed to fix these problems methinks http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/news/skyrim_ps3_lag_to_be_addressed_in_update_1_4.html

Archived