IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

On 8/15/2018 at 1:47 AM, Stickfigger said:

I do not believe it's rognvald ... he hasn't made anything comparable since ?

Heorge Garrison was him. It was pretty close to Steinvord imo.

EDIT: When I asked him, he said he has a lot of other aliases. 

Edited by Consul

Still a big fat NAH from me - missing something . sure the sound's are there, some rhythms, style... but.. the "magic" is missing.

Totally appreciate that if im proved wrong my ears/brain will change -  a sort of placebo effect. Is this shallow? I don;t think so.. just think its how it works with me. Perception influences music appreciation. 

that's my humble opinion as well

it's a great trick and the bonus rabbit out of the hat is the name, which adds to the illusion. I dunno I guess it gives Rich and Tom a bit of a giggle and their pal also has a giggle and makes a few beer tokens?

I might sell my copy for £50 and make some beer tokens myself, everyone's a winner baby!

richard opened up his laptop one day, put a blunt down beside his bed, kissed his girlfriend nannou,  then got started by loading up ableton and some choice vsts. "fuck it,ill make some squarepusher style beats,i really want to rinse that style coz it's lush" he said to  himself after making some killer tracks he decided to  upload them to myspace for a laugh. 

Playing along with the original idea of him being 18/m/es:

Does anyone truly think an 18yo Spanish guy could of created this music? I also assume most of these tracks were atleast made in 2007 since they were posted in early 2008, meaning they could of even been 17yo. :wacko:

Also 'iyff (in your fucking face) acid' isn't a title I'd expect from a Spaniard :unsure:

Edited by B1000

Also 'iyff (in your fucking face) acid' isn't a title I'd expect from a Spaniard :unsure:

Hahah! That made me laugh. Maybe he lives in Benidorm or Magaluf or another one of those disgusting greasy dumps my fellow countrymen and women flock too. And he's picked up some of the lingo flol.

Still a big fat NAH from me - missing something . sure the sound's are there, some rhythms, style... but.. the "magic" is missing.

Totally appreciate that if im proved wrong my ears/brain will change -  a sort of placebo effect. Is this shallow? I don;t think so.. just think its how it works with me. Perception influences music appreciation. 

I agree with you, however, I go from thinking that into the opposite, for instance certain moments in "untitled 9", the melodies are awesome, the acid lines, the beat too... there is a certain magic there, maybe a different type of magic, if they aren't the same person after all it feels different, and something feels off in our brains if we are focusing in expecting he is RDJ, squarepusher or someone else known.

Heorge garrison is this guy:

https://plus.google.com/+johncaulfieldvalganon_JCV

The initial tracks from the wheatspin soundcloud which then got into the HG bandcamp had this google profile linked since the beginning.

He just adds "location: spain" and so on to fool the public into thinking he is steinvord, probably as a reference/joke.

Both the steinvord and heorge garrison tracks are pretty cool but clearly isn't the same output, at least to me.

Does anyone truly think an 18yo Spanish guy could of created this music? I also assume most of these tracks were atleast made in 2007 since they were posted in early 2008, meaning they could of even been 17yo. :wacko:

These tracks most likely took a couple of years to complete so more like 15 to 16 when he started.. pretty crazy, just to compare what tracks one was doing at that age vs these ones lol

I can see why they signed him. Who else does this style of music out there? Few can pull it off to create decent tracks. Unfortunately we will not get a proper release and are stuck with the low bitrate myspace rips. I think about how it's been like 10 years... he must be sitting on a goldmine of unreleased tracks at this point.

In any case he can't be bothered to get anything released anymore. Maybe he has a lot of money and doesn't need the extra that gigs and records could bring him, maybe he just doesn't care, who knows. For whatever reason he decided to stay anonymous and we must respect that.

Totally appreciate that if im proved wrong my ears/brain will change - a sort of placebo effect. Is this shallow? I don;t think so.. just think its how it works with me. Perception influences music appreciation.

I agree with you, however, I go from thinking that into the opposite, for instance certain moments in "untitled 9", the melodies are awesome, the acid lines, the beat too... there is a certain magic there, maybe a different type of magic, if they aren't the same person after all it feels different, and something feels off in our brains if we are focusing in expecting he is RDJ, squarepusher or someone else known.

Heorge garrison is this guy:

https://plus.google.com/+johncaulfieldvalganon_JCV

The initial tracks from the wheatspin soundcloud which then got into the HG bandcamp had this google profile linked since the beginning.

He just adds "location: spain" and so on to fool the public into thinking he is steinvord, probably as a reference/joke.

Both the steinvord and heorge garrison tracks are pretty cool but clearly isn't the same output, at least to me.

These tracks most likely took a couple of years to complete so more like 15 to 16 when he started.. pretty crazy, just to compare what tracks one was doing at that age vs these ones lol

I can see why they signed him. Who else does this style of music out there? Few can pull it off to create decent tracks. Unfortunately we will not get a proper release and are stuck with the low bitrate myspace rips. I think about how it's been like 10 years... he must be sitting on a goldmine of unreleased tracks at this point.

In any case he can't be bothered to get anything released anymore. Maybe he has a lot of money and doesn't need the extra that gigs and records could bring him, maybe he just doesn't care, who knows. For whatever reason he decided to stay anonymous and we must respect that.

That was deep.

Seeing pissflaps in Steinvord thread brought some memories so time for some self whipping. Dunno if you remember my hilarious post from 2014:

So now I understand better the Squarepusher side of the Steinvord speculation. It has been mentioned to death but My Fucking Sound and Maelstrom have their similarities. Also the beat from Boneville Occident from 0:41-1:19 could be the twin to the beat in Backyard.

Im probably one of the biggest break beast freaks out there, and I can't spot any sampling. These are originally cut up and processed samples. You can't sample from these guys straight because their music is always so damn busy.

lol look at that guy :) Yep I get it know that what I had actually spotted there was the use of Worm break in both tunes and since Amen was basically the only famous break I knew, I thought I had found something special. With the same impeccable logic I could have insisted that Asdar (Lord Of The D track) was a Steinvord track too. Haha, I'm an idiot. :biggrin:

Didn’t he release one of the Heorge tracks under the Rognvald name recently?

yup, the savi rhankar track:

That sounds nothing like anything on the Shortridge EP. It's too free flowing and doesn't do the start/stop cuts constantly.

New rule for this thread: before you post, you have to check page 1 and if what you were gonna say is there (it is) then maybe just don't.

Don't be silly, nobody reads threads on here anymore. Too busy all sharing our unique viewpoints and 'facts' to bother with somebody else's (ew)