IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Watching True Detective and it's making me spunk stupid hard, reading some Robert W. Chambers too for background Yellow King goodness.

I'm watching the Up series. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a documentary series that began in 1964, following the lives of a dozen or so people from different social backgrounds from the age of seven. Each consecutive episode is seven years down the road, regrouping with them to see where they're at. As a cultural studies nerd I find this series totally fascinating; the main conceit is that the culture these children are born into will dictate where/how they go in life: "give me a child until he's seven, and I will give you the man".

I'm up to 21, I think it's up to 56 now though

Just on the last episode of S2 Utopia. Like the first series it started really well and interesting then got a bit tiresome as it went on. Worth a watch though, I'm guessing a lot of people won't agree with me.

Been watching as much of the Every Simpsons Ever marathon as I can. Pretty glorious, despite some of the technical complaints.

+2.

"The Knick" on Cinemax, it really feels like a Now That's What I Call Prestige Cable Drama compilation of 2000s TV tropes, but the visuals are lush and there are some good performances.

"Masters of Sex" on Showtime: see above and add sessy ass wimmin.

Edited by doublename

utopia-logo-copy__140108032346.jpg?w=431

i was excited about this show because i like the idea of giving "ordinary people" the chance to create their own perfect society; i haven't seen the dutch or english version but i'm guessing things are working out because they've been around for a minute.

this is however is pretty reflective of american culture. everyone starts out by agreeing that there should be no drama (because who wants drama in utopia right?)- well, that's all they do. bitch about every single thing. one guy bitches that he wants to take "everything he brought with him" to utopia. nah- can't do that. "ah fuck this!!!" next: some dude gets too drunk and touches all the girls before calling them stuck up bitches because they don't appreciate having their butts pinched. time for a court hearing about this. then some toothless hick gets mad because the cook won't cook him a dead chicken. "well, fuck this, i'm leaving"

the best part however is that all these drones are liberal as fuck so: basically, their world is basically the same one they just left behind- including the religious dude that already wants to baptize someone and is willing to listen to the atheist girl as long as she can accept his point of view too. let's shake hands on that

"The Knick" on Cinemax, it really feels like a Now That's What I Call Prestige Cable Drama compilation of 2000s TV tropes, but the visuals are lush and there are some good performances.

i tried watching this and hated it. what was up with the black surgeon who was going to fuck up the surgery only to give a smirk and be like "this is how you do it.." then perform the surgery himself.

it felt like it was trying too hard

Gomorrah - it's fantastic.

Also Boardwalk is back on Sat (in the UK). Final season :sad:

i really lost the thread with Boardwalk, not sure i'm gonna bother watching the final season.

might be worth racking them up and having a binge. found it a struggle at times but when it's good it's fucking brilliant

Gomorrah - it's fantastic.

Also Boardwalk is back on Sat (in the UK). Final season :sad:

First episode was quality, mayne.
Yeah i dug it! I wasn't sure what to think about the time skip but it seems like it'll work. Each season has been its own story arc more or less so this isn't much of a departure.