IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I'm watching with dub and it's horrible. Really takes away from the weird, dark tension.

Right. Took me a minute to find out how to change it on netflix. Luckily managed to, because dubbed was awful. Sadly, I was fairly innebriated, so it was hard to read so fast and try and pay attention to all the clues you're supposed to put together. Slow the language down Germans. I'm an idiot American.

Edited by olo

The sinner... Should have just been a movie, I was expecting something a lot more sinister than what it was actually about, the build up had such a let down

finished this yesterday and yup.

it was fun watching everything unfold, even though the backstory itself was a bit underwhelming.

Mr. Robot season 3 was quite good.  It continues having it's finger on the cultural pulse by having the main villain be a tranny anarchist trying to bring down western civilization.

Edited by autopilot

Future Man - very good. Starts off relying a bit too heavily on the 80s references for cheap laughs, but once it gets going it's very good. Wolf is great.

Stranger Things 2 - meh. A few good bits, the ragtag group of racially diverse misfits were lame, no doubt they'll return next season, ugh. Final fight with the demon thing was terrible.

Mr Robot Season 3 - very excellent. Season 2 was pretty poor overall, but this was even better than the first one, the whole thing hung together nicely and there were a couple of really outstanding episodes.

Walking Dead Season 8 - why am I still watching this? There was actually a good and entertaining story in here, buried under some seriously cack-handed directing. Their trying to be very 'interesting' with the way this season has been constructed, with constant non-linear sidetracks, really didn't work, just made everything into an incoherent mess, they need to fire all their directors.

Mindhunter - Wasn't massively impressed after the first episode but the second got me right into it. It does start to develop but I think I've got one more episode to go of the series and it doesn't feel like it's got anywhere near a conclusion. I may be wrong?

Finished Dark. Loved the cinematography and Ben Frost's soundtrack is on point as always. I thought the ending was a little predictable but looking forward to more.

And don't worry, the 80s bits in it is only ever used as a setting rather than some fetishization of the past.

can the endings of these series EVER truly satisfy? theres always that nagging sense of anticlimax

Finished Dark. Loved the cinematography and Ben Frost's soundtrack is on point as always. I thought the ending was a little predictable but looking forward to more.

And don't worry, the 80s bits in it is only ever used as a setting rather than some fetishization of the past.

can the endings of these series EVER truly satisfy? theres always that nagging sense of anticlimax

It was just a bit too easy to see where it was going, though I wouldn't have called everything.

It was pretty obvious the nuclear plant was going to blow up or something from fucking with the tunnel, no way I could have called that it'd turn the place into some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wasteland though. I'm certainly intrigued! Just please don't start making us keep track of characters across four time periods.

finally some new Black Mirrors ahead ..really looking forward to that "USS Callister" episode.

Yeah I'm very curious to know where it goes. Brooker is obviously going to write something beyond an obvious Star Trek rip off. Some hellish VR simulation recorded as TV entertainment maybe?