IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

gripped The Nightmare Worlds of HG Wells, with Ray Winstone as Wells presenting various tales of wtf

no idea what to expect given Mr Winstone's recent degenerate forays into gambling advertising, but Michael Gambon is always worth a watch

unknown/10

The David Fincher directed version of House of Cards has become one of my favorite dramas of all time. Breaking Bad still holds the throne of course. Not sure what else I'd rate even close to that highly for TV drama. Kevin Spacey is so good.

The David Fincher directed version of House of Cards has become one of my favorite dramas of all time. Breaking Bad still holds the throne of course. Not sure what else I'd rate even close to that highly for TV drama. Kevin Spacey is so good.

I love House of cards its the best show right now along Homeland. Spacey is amazing ive been listening to his old movies (they are not all good though lol)

House of cards, Sopranos, BBad, six feet under, the wire are all the same quality imo. Sopranos has the throne for me though.

I watched the christmas special of sherlock: beautiful!

Edited by Ayya Khema

Yeah, i remember when Sopranos first came out it really raised the bar. TV dramas were handed a whole new set of parameters. I need to watch it again one of these days.

Also, I watched the Horace and Pete pilot last night and was pretty blown away. I probably laughed more times than I had while watching any episode of Louie (which I was great!). The dialogue was fantastic, as is the casting. And so fucking dark! I'm excited to see where it goes.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I'm finding American Horror Story fairly entertaining, the maid is good.

Edit: Finished the first season, I'm definitely not watching any further. Such bullshit writing. Stay away.

Edited by Gocab

Yeah, i remember when Sopranos first came out it really raised the bar. TV dramas were handed a whole new set of parameters. I need to watch it again one of these days.

Also, I watched the Horace and Pete pilot last night and was pretty blown away. I probably laughed more times than I had while watching any episode of Louie (which I was great!). The dialogue was fantastic, as is the casting. And so fucking dark! I'm excited to see where it goes.

I watched horace and pete. pretty cool!

Black mirror is amazing as well!!!

Edit: Finished the first season, I'm definitely not watching any further. Such bullshit writing. Stay away.

This post was a rollercoaster.

I am salivating like a rabid dog for Better Call Saul season 2, it's so close now. I might marathon the first season in anticipation.

This post was a rollercoaster.

I am salivating like a rabid dog for Better Call Saul season 2, it's so close now. I might marathon the first season in anticipation.

I'm thinking Gustavo might show up this season.

Black Mirror's "White Christmas" was transcendently good

Can't wait for more

Oh yeah I just watched this too. I gobbled up the first 2 seasons and completely spaced on this one until now. John Hamm was really good and it had that same technological paranoia and anxiety they had in the others, but otherwise I thought it was one of the weaker ones.

I love House of cards its the best show right now along Homeland. Spacey is amazing ive been listening to his old movies (they are not all good though lol)

House of cards, Sopranos, BBad, six feet under, the wire are all the same quality imo. Sopranos has the throne for me though.

I really liked the first couple seasons of Fincher's House of Cards but

once Spacey became President I felt a lot less invested in it.

I loved Breaking Bad but so far Better Call Saul is even better. It's nowhere near the intense crescendo of suspense but it does a better job of creating emotional resonance and has a painterly touch with its attention to detail (the copier room scene gave me goosebumps) where Breaking Bad was more about cranking the anxiety into the red and keeping it there as long as possible. Honestly I relate to the protagonist more than Walt too.

The Wire was excellent too. I want to watch it again soon.

Is Better Call Saul even streaming anywhere, or do I have go back to my old ways?

Past Seasons
Download or Stream
iTunes Google Play Amazon Xbox Netflix
pro bono...well, probably old ways.
Edited by olo

Is Better Call Saul even streaming anywhere, or do I have go back to my old ways?

I know non-US Netflix subscribers get the episodes a day after they're broadcast in the US, I don't know how it works for streaming in the US though.

american-crime-story-the-people-v-oj-sim

another good episode. i liked the improve of the juice wigging out in the bronco because that could have easily ruined the entire episode- yet it worked. travolta as shapiro is really freaky looking (can't get over that). and there's something quite not right about ross as kardashian (and that whole side of the cast). otherwise, this is great

I really liked the first couple seasons of Fincher's House of Cards but

once Spacey became President I felt a lot less invested in it.

I loved Breaking Bad but so far Better Call Saul is even better. It's nowhere near the intense crescendo of suspense but it does a better job of creating emotional resonance and has a painterly touch with its attention to detail (the copier room scene gave me goosebumps) where Breaking Bad was more about cranking the anxiety into the red and keeping it there as long as possible. Honestly I relate to the protagonist more than Walt too.

The Wire was excellent too. I want to watch it again soon.

I agree the last season of house of cards wasnt as strong, still great though!

I thought breaking bad was good, but I also prefer better call saul. I actually got a bit bored by breaking bad somehow.

Cant wait for game of thrones to start!

watched 3 episodes of "the last kingdom" and really liked it. it's brisk and fun, well paced and very well produced (camerawork especially). the dialogue is good and witty, the danes and the englishmen actually feel like two different cultures. there are bascially no moments when its sags or becomes turgid, things keep moving and are always fun. its approach to violence is very verhoven, it can be brutal but there's this gleeful vibe about that doesn't let it become heavy handed.

Edited by eugene