IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Atlanta - LOL at the extracting baby piss from diapers montage. Reminded me of the old Breaking Bad montages, a more comedic version.

Luke Cake is pretty enjoyable so far, watched the first half. Not the most exciting storyline ever, but the acting is all pretty good and the music is excellent (Adrian Younge is great). It's better than Jessica Jones.

Still not sure how to feel about it - gritty crime thriller mashed with superhero silliness is a weird contrast. This comes out a lot in the music too, 80% is hip hop and then you'll suddenly get a cheesy theme when someone is shown getting up to no good. Jessica Jones handled the grit/comic contrast quite well (The main villain being cartoonish helped a lot) but Luke Cage is just weird for me.

Luke Cake is pretty enjoyable so far, watched the first half. Not the most exciting storyline ever, but the acting is all pretty good and the music is excellent (Adrian Younge is great). It's better than Jessica Jones.

Still not sure how to feel about it - gritty crime thriller mashed with superhero silliness is a weird contrast. This comes out a lot in the music too, 80% is hip hop and then you'll suddenly get a cheesy theme when someone is shown getting up to no good. Jessica Jones handled the grit/comic contrast quite well (The main villain being cartoonish helped a lot) but Luke Cage is just weird for me.

The fighting choreography seems weak compared to Daredevil. The scene where he had the card door was laughable, the bad guys just fell down like dominos.

The fighting choreography seems weak compared to Daredevil. The scene where he had the card door was laughable, the bad guys just fell down like dominos.

oh god

"We've got firearms but everyone just bunch up really close to him!"

I am not a series person, I have not seen anything since Lost, or the IT crowd, but I am giving Mr. Robot a try and I think is nice, I have seen 5 episodes and it has good rythm. Maybe some scenarios or procedures are a bit unrealistic, but I don't really care, the whole thing seems very well made and developed in all senses, psychology of the characters, script, plot, acting, music, etc

Edited by Milwaukeeeee

uhhh quarry is alright. kinda wish marlo from the wire was the main character, feel like the lead actor went to the keanu reeves theater arts academy.

westworld is pretty entertaining and also completely fucking retarded, like pretty much all television.

Guest bitroast

RED DWARF XI. 

anyone watching this? i'm 2 eps in and kind of actually really enjoying it ( in a totally guilty pleasure, no one but the true fans are going to enjoy this, and even then it would totally make sense if majority of fans just shrug it off as uninspired pointless nostalgia rehashing.. kind of way). 

i rewatched season x in preparation for it cos i had only seen it once and remembered it being fun in a similar, guilty pleasure kind of way. and found it to be largely trash. some good tiny insular snippets of enjoyable dwarf, isolated in otherwise unfunny-stretched way too broad-drowned in obnoxious laugh track garbage. the tone was just WAY off. 

probably should continue bothering watching this when there's better comedy sci fis out there ( ... still havent seen rick and morty season 2 ... i'll treat myself after finishing XI). but ... you know. childhood nostalgia is a powerful entity. 

SO.. 

Red Dwarf XI.. first two eps.. actually feels alot more like a rough approximation of Season 6 dwarf. it's not by any means amazing ... or great .. or good or anything. but as an old time dwarf fan i'm actually not regretting and hating myself for watching it. 

Anyone else watching Shameless (US version) - on season 2 or 3 I think. It's addictive. Been watching at least an episode or two every night.

Also re-watching IT crowd.

Anyone else watching Shameless (US version) - on season 2 or 3 I think. It's addictive. Been watching at least an episode or two every night.

Currently it's on season 7 here, one of my favorites. The reflection of America is both cringey and hilarious.

Going to try to find this later..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Palms

Sci-fi made by Oliver Stone (WOW!) and written by William Gibson with Bruce Wagner (not to be confused with John Wagner who wrote in 2000AD)

Ha, this is really not that good. I got all excited about it after reading some Gibson about 10 years ago and if you can find it easily/cheap, go nuts, but it's really nothing to write home about. The dialog is pure cheese, for example. There's so much better TV made right now. 

uhhh quarry is alright. kinda wish marlo from the wire was the main character, feel like the lead actor went to the keanu reeves theater arts academy.

westworld is pretty entertaining and also completely fucking retarded, like pretty much all television.

ya

began quarry

quite good

Watching some of the recent pot themed comedies on TV, most are terrible.

Deadbeat - still my favorite, stoner ghostbusters.  But Kal Penn really didn't add anything to Season 3.

Mary + Jane - MTV's attempt at "medicated" Millennial SoCal hipsters.  They talk so fast I had to turn on subtitles.  Right?

High Maintenance - from 2012, but it looks like I didn't miss much.

Finally finished season 2 of Narcos. Really good - acting is good all round, and story holds together well. One thing bugs me - some of the musical cues are so fucking obvious.

Anyways, will be interested to see how the hunt for Cali cartel turns out - I really know little about the history of that.

Finally finished season 2 of Narcos. Really good - acting is good all round, and story holds together well. One thing bugs me - some of the musical cues are so fucking obvious.

Anyways, will be interested to see how the hunt for Cali cartel turns out - I really know little about the history of that.

Narcos was nice! Looking forward to the third season

I started watching Black Mirror today. It's a mini series (2 seasons á three 45-minute episodes) from 2011. Only watched the first one but it was quite interesting. The prime minister of England receives a video tape with the kidnapped princess. She reads the bizarre demand of her kidnapper: The prime minister must fuck a pig in public television.

It's interesting because the mood changes throughout the episode from amusing to melancholic because it's presented quite realistically

You are in for a treat beause all the episodes get better after that, and they are all so unique. It pinnacled at the Xmas episode for me, the three tales, that was stunning, it's gone to Amazon now I think.

I've been watching National Treasure but am getting pretty annoyed with it. It could have been great in the hands of a different director but it's the guy who did Utopia and he's gimmicky as fuck with oversaturated colours like he's shooting a Massive Attack video or something. Great actors and decent script, ruined by a hack who should be making nightcore videos.