IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Simpsons renewed for season 30, making it the longest running scripted show in history.

last of the summer wine had 31 seasons.

American sites are claiming longest in primetime TV history, just paraphrasing an article I read, and good ol US "journalism" acts like the rest of the world doesn't exist.  Who knows if they're right or not.

The herpes storyline on Blunt Talk was pretty funny, I've wondered myself if spreading HSV-1 from a glass or pipe / bong was likely.  I've read after 10 seconds on an object, the virus is dead.

i've been watching battlestar galactica (the reimagined 2000s version) for the first time ever.. goddamn what a show

It got really heavy on the Iraq War metaphors for a while, and the ending was...divisive. I loved that show

it's great. it starts out like typical ooh-rah war shit but quickly pulls a swifty on you and goes into more interesting territory. I might like it more than The Wire, actually. I think it tackles the subject of war in an interesting way and is probably one of the more honest takes on the 2003 Iraq war. it's a bit too worshipful of the Marines imo but I guess it is they are David Simon's side after all, so...

it's partly based on the writing of the Rolling Stone journalist embedded with the team and also on the writings of the some of the guys who were there.

Edited by usagi

also the one scene in the first episode where the journalist fucks up during the gas attack, and the other scene in the final episode where he's running zigzag like a retard, were both some of the funniest things I've ever seen on tv.

Edited by usagi

SOA

When I watched the first season, I was 50/50 on this. It was American cheese, but in quite a tasty bun. Summat about being in a rebel biker club in California, appeals to me. I'd like to think I'd probably sign up. Yeah.

Even so I thought it was all a bit silly. But the second season straight away seemed to lay to waste any regrets about watching it. I really like it. Ron Perlman is great in it and perfectly cast.

I think its a bit of escapism for me, and as the English winter begins to bite I'll probably enjoy it even more.

I enjoyed pretty much all of it, maybe got a bit turned off as it got later in the last season but still worth watching.

On American Horror Story - Hotel, about half way through. I didn't think I'd carry on watching after the first series but did, same thing happened on the second, third etc but it always keeps me watching pretty enjoyable in a weird way. Strange to have Lady Gaga in it.

Was talking at work with people the other week before starting this series and they all commented how gory it was. From memory I couldn't remember it ever being that gory. Watching this season, they were truly right.

The Thick of It. Nearly finished all four series, gold everywhere.

I really love Glenn as a character. The washed up, older, depressed, tired politician that is trying to stay relevant in modern day politics. Yet he's still such a funny guy.

and of course the eloquence of:

intheloop-3_3305.jpg

SOA was a guilty pleasure for a couple of series, but my god did it ware thin to the point where any scene with Jax (sp?) and his missus was instant f>>forward

Edited by cwmbrancity

AHS Roanoke season finale just fell to pieces, I don't think they had this storyline mapped out all that well and it just kinda collapsed. The big reveal, if you can call it that, was Sarah Paulson's character from Asylum showing up as an old lady. Big whoop.

and of course the eloquence of:

intheloop-3_3305.jpg

SOA was a guilty pleasure for a couple of series, but my god did it ware thin to the point where any scene with Jax (sp?) and his missus was instant f>>forward