IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

i liked season 5 of the americans but i don't know how they can wrap this up in a satisfying manner. i'm concerned they won't be honest about the characters. hoping it doesn't end happily because elizabeth at this point is kind of beyond redemption. season 4 was still the best.

also watched the most recent couple eps of atlanta. still very good. the show is so light and deadpan. i'm positive if it was shot differently it wouldn't be nearly as good.

with praise from not only zaphod but eugene aswell, il have to stick the americans next on my watchlist. 

ive been re-watching archer on my fortnightly hangover day. pretty funny, cheesy, good, and shite all at the same time. 

The Looming Tower - pro's & cons, excellent at reincorporating OBL footage into a dramatic production, the individual stories of certain key & minor players (the kid in the boat ffs, that was hard to watch), blended with clunky inter-agency rivalry plot-lines which could be retold with a lot more heft

Jeff Daniels is good, its more nuanced than fkn Homeland, eg: how recruits are/were derived from US militaristic misadventures & the introduction of Mohamed Atta brought the focus right in, but it can meander & chunks come across like national confession-box hand wringing when the lessons clearly havent been learned

still gonna stick with it

Atlanta S02E04 - dont think i've seen a more surreal portrait of German culture & just the right side of patronizing (you could've transplant any Euro-festival aspects & the skewering would still have worked as well), plus that ending.....immense

Edited by cwmbrancity

Babylon 5 - About halfway through season 2, it's sort of living up to the hype.

Hold on to your jorts, it just keeps getting better through season 4. (S5 has good spots but starts with a bit of a dip.) I wish I could watch that show again for the first time.

The Looming Tower - pro's & cons, excellent at reincorporating OBL footage into a dramatic production, the individual stories of certain key & minor players (the kid in the boat ffs, that was hard to watch), blended with clunky inter-agency rivalry plot-lines which could be retold with a lot more heft

Jeff Daniels is good, its more nuanced than fkn Homeland, eg: how recruits are/were derived from US militaristic misadventures & the introduction of Mohamed Atta brought the focus right in, but it can meander & chunks come across like national confession-box hand wringing when the lessons clearly havent been learned

still gonna stick with it

Atlanta S02E04 - dont think i've seen a more surreal portrait of German culture & just the right side of patronizing (you could've transplant any Euro-festival aspects & the skewering would still have worked as well), plus that ending.....immense

huh, didn’t care for that ep of Atlanta at all. big issue I can see with this show is all the character development seems to be happening off screen.

Wild Wild Country on Netflix. Incredible 6 part story of the Bhagwan Rajneesh cult in 70s India and 80s Oregon. Pretty much all original on location video footage and news features with interview and commentary from major figures in the story and local opponents. Not sure how I didnt really know anything about this before... Guess I'm not obsessed with BOC enough...

Wild wild country was good, maybe a little long in the tooth. Crazy cults are the best.

i liked season 5 of the americans but i don't know how they can wrap this up in a satisfying manner. i'm concerned they won't be honest about the characters. hoping it doesn't end happily because elizabeth at this point is kind of beyond redemption. season 4 was still the best.

I'm thinking (hoping) that whatever character arc the writers might have envisioned when S5 was being written, the seething political wretchedness of 2017-2018 caused them to double down on the desperation when writing the upcoming one.

Either way, the wigs alone will keep me watching. 

Wild Wild Country on Netflix. Incredible 6 part story of the Bhagwan Rajneesh cult in 70s India and 80s Oregon. Pretty much all original on location video footage and news features with interview and commentary from major figures in the story and local opponents. Not sure how I didnt really know anything about this before... Guess I'm not obsessed with BOC enough...

I just stumbled upon them a couple days ago reading up on this insane plot to incapacitate the local population through poisoning before an election (no deaths but 40+ in hospital and 700 affected) in 1984.

No BoC references directly but holy shit, you know who did...the Simpsons!

the-leader-rolls-royce-fake-ufo-simpsons

26617297.jpg

I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I’ve been watching The Alienist and it’s quite good. Good acting, good writing, good direction, good sets, and good music. Nothing revolutionary about it, just a creepy murder whodunit time period thing really, but the consistency (despite a couple of slower episodes) is impressive.

speaking of good soundtracks, utopia's ost is so fucking rad, also, the show has astonishing photography! the actor that also plays the lead role in kill list is astonishing as a psycho... where's jessica hyde? where's jessica hyde? where's jessica hyde? where's jessica hyde? where's jessica hyde?

@3:53 fucking widowlicker vibes dunno why...

as anyone seen this, is it any good?

MV5BNGY4OTBiMTktMDM4Zi00MjVhLTgyNjctOGYz

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

cautiously intrigued by "the terror"'s first episode. just recently i was looking for something to scratch that itch that "master and commander" left, possibly the only good film about 19th century big time sailing, with all of the 19th centurisms, interesting crew dynamics and colorful characters, good production and a sense of adventure. and it looks like this one gets a lot of the feels and production right, though there probably won't be much sailing and a quite a bit of horror instead. but i'm cool with that, just hoping they won't blow their load with the early episodes as it often happens quite a lot recently.

cautiously intrigued by "the terror"'s first episode. just recently i was looking for something to scratch that itch that "master and commander" left, possibly the only good film about 19th century big time sailing, with all of the 19th centurisms, interesting crew dynamics and colorful characters, good production and a sense of adventure. and it looks like this one gets a lot of the feels and production right, though there probably won't be much sailing and a quite a bit of horror instead. but i'm cool with that, just hoping they won't blow their load with the early episodes as it often happens quite a lot recently.

I'm hopeful, but I was disappointed with some of the changes they have made so far. Liked the novel better in that regard. The major change is the inuit woman cannot speak in the book, it gives her a far more ominous tone in the novel in how she is treated on the page. Seems like they're scraping that sadly. By the cold open, looks like their gonna scrap the ending of the novel as well. But, the production, score & acting are all solid so far. 

been watching the americans. two seasons in. i'm very impressed, i don't know why i took so long to get into this.

Great show, love the theme music. Just watched the first 2 episodes of season 3, it’s starting a bit slowly but hopefully will pick up.

the first ep of the terror was good. like eugene said, it's a bit of master and commander with a heavy atmosphere of dread. i see it's based on a dan simmons book. not a good sign, but we'll see.

i see it's based on a dan simmons book. not a good sign, but we'll see.

Actually for Dan Simmons, I rather liked it. Overstuffed yes, but held my interest.

As I stated, the show runners already changed things. Curious to see how that plays out.

Things will start picking up come the third episode. They already burned through a ton of the book by the end of episode 2.

Edited by olo

I just stumbled upon them a couple days ago reading up on this insane plot to incapacitate the local population through poisoning before an election (no deaths but 40+ in hospital and 700 affected) in 1984.

No BoC references directly but holy shit, you know who did...the Simpsons!

the-leader-rolls-royce-fake-ufo-simpsons

26617297.jpg

I'm always fascinated by how people can become so devoted to a charismatic leader. Like that attorney Niren has been sobbing for 35 years over bhagwan and shows no sign of stopping. I wonder how many of us would get in robes for RDJ.

yeah but no chicks for fun cult sex in the rdj club