IGNORED

Wes Anderson - Moonrise Kingdom

Redruth

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gene Hackman gave hands down the best performance in a Wes Anderson movie. It cemented his place as one of the best actors EVER. His take on a wiley old coot really made the movie for me.

I thought The Darjeeling Limited was so incredibly bland that I was wondering if Wes Anderson had tricked everyone into thinking he was the shit. But Fantastic Mr. Fox was a genuinely good time. I'll see anything with Ed Norton, Moonrise Kingdom will be watched.

His quirky hipster humour is cringeworthy, but I like the perfomance of Gene hackman and Murray in some of his movies.

He should be raped by a grumpy bald Scottish fox for that massacred Dahl atrocity.

high-5!

let's start our own club.

Guest Backson

Now, I actually enjoy Jason Shwarts, but does he just play his hipster-self in every film? Is that his "thing"?

Keeping in mind that try not to say that word as much as you jaded nerds do.

Now, I actually enjoy Jason Shwarts, but does he just play his hipster-self in every film? Is that his "thing"?

yes. this is why i have a hard time watching "bored to death". the show can be funny, but his acting just gets more and more irritating.

this movie looks underwhelming, but i guess that's part of wes's style. i loved the life aquatic, hated darjeeling, and feel so/so about the rest. this will be worth a watch. great cast, as usual.

Guest Backson

yes. this is why i have a hard time watching "bored to death". the show can be funny, but his acting just gets more and more irritating.

I quite like that show, but you really do have to turn off to the fact that J S is just on cruise control as an indie dude. Ted Danson is great though.

His quirky hipster humour is cringeworthy, but I like the perfomance of Gene hackman and Murray in some of his movies.

He should be raped by a grumpy bald Scottish fox for that massacred Dahl atrocity.

I'm sorry but being cynical and complaining about hipsters is the new hipster. I'm starting find comments like this just incredibly cringeworthy and embarrassing, on a similar level to what I used to find "hipster" behaviour.

It really just isn't cool, smart, funny, or in any way positive, to slag off something in a discussion that is designed to praise it.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

*sigh*

I'm sorry but being cynical and complaining about hipsters is the new hipster. I'm starting find comments like this just incredibly cringeworthy and embarrassing, on a similar level to what I used to find "hipster" behaviour.

It really just isn't cool, smart, funny, or in any way positive, to slag off something in a discussion that is designed to praise it.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

*sigh*

quite the contrary, the emo embolism you're experiencing fits quite nicely in a Wes Anderson thread

His films have that golden-age-of-Europe-films charisma where actors play with that cool, relaxed approach, something from the light side of things, and well made in sense of theme, and story-flow. Much more enjoyable to watch than most other H*Wood light-hearted style movies. It would be nice to see his talent deployed on a more serious theme though, still retained by his subtlety and imagination. But maybe I watch to much drama lately. But I'm sure Moonrise Kingdom will be ok, as I I enjoyed Rushmore.

Guest Backson

I'm sorry but being cynical and complaining about hipsters is the new hipster.

there is a lot of truth to this.

anti-hipsterism is pretty bad, because anything can be hipster and people will instantly and blindly back you up for using the arguement reguardless of the scenario.

Archived