IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

HM 2 looks dope, but I never finished the first one. Somehow I'd feel bad moving on to the second one without having finished the first.

I left off on the part where I entered some building full of about 20 cops and kept getting my ass handed to me, so I gave up at that point. That was right after the escape from the hospital I think.

But it looks like it's getting good reviews so far.

That level you were stuck in is one of the most difficult of the game but if that's of any advice don't give up, the story is awesome and totally justifies beating the first game before starting the second imo !

Still, don't know what happened to the level editor... Anyway, kind of fun to see that there's already been 2 updates to download today ! Guess some bugs were found already :emotawesomepm9:

Oh and by the way the Mitch Murder track perfectly fits that cutscene :music:

Loving Hotline Miami 2. Even better than the first IMO despite what a few critics have said. The added mechanics and jumping narrative give each level a more unique feel than in the first game. Again, the music is fantastic and suits the game perfectly. Incidentally, I noticed Mitch's name is mentioned in a cut scene!

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE. MITCH ... [static] LM96q.gif

Just begun Hotline Miami 2 and it's already awesome. Bit confused between the different storylines but I guess it'll make sense in a few hours.

Wasn't the game supposed to come with an included level editor tho ? Can't find it :wacko: (not that bad, still have plenty of things to enjoy about that game first !)

yeah it has a built in level editor. I guess you have to finish the game first? or maybe it's a command line parameter that you have to run to get into it

edit: apparently the level editor part isn't finished yet!

that's kinda not cool, considering that the game was already delayed at least once.

Would you rather they released a buggy piece of shit?

Just begun Hotline Miami 2 and it's already awesome. Bit confused between the different storylines but I guess it'll make sense in a few hours.

Wasn't the game supposed to come with an included level editor tho ? Can't find it :wacko: (not that bad, still have plenty of things to enjoy about that game first !)

yeah it has a built in level editor. I guess you have to finish the game first? or maybe it's a command line parameter that you have to run to get into it

that's kinda not cool, considering that the game was already delayed at least once.

I just miss the days when a game was released and it was done.

You know, back around 1998.

Just read in a french review of the game that the level editor was in alpha phase (but it was included in the version of the game they tested...).
They also speak about a big upgrade of the editor coming in a month or so, maybe that could be the public release of it ?

Games are far more complex than they were back in 1998...

I guess I'm the only person in the world that thinks this situation we have where games are released in completely sub-par states (Aliens: Colonial Marines, Grand Theft Auto 4), or are released requiring patches within days (Alien vs Predator 2010) is unacceptable. Those games weren't made by small studios, either.

But it's okay, they get a pass because games are far more complex now.

This is why I feel no shame waiting for the sales: by the time the game is reduced, all problems should be patched up. Speaking of, South Park is super cheap on Steam right now... :emotawesomepm9:

Guest bitroast

I'm with oscillik, it sucks that it's becoming the norm to release half-finished games. Then again, if people decide to keep paying for that, well, watchu gonna do

absolutely. releasing a paid for product that is unfinished and relying on updates is a piece of shit mentality to have + practice to follow.

it has nothing to do with games being more complex and everything to do with companies exploiting the opportunity to pump games out and patch them via the internet.

Edited by bitroast

I'm with oscillik, it sucks that it's becoming the norm to release half-finished games. Then again, if people decide to keep paying for that, well, watchu gonna do

Sometimes I worry that scammers out there would take advantage of this trend for the sole purpose of syphoning money, then either pull the plug on the game before it's finished or simply leave it unfinished. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

just beat hotline miami 2. so good.

Already? Damn you're fast.

Wouldn't the bank be accountable though, and not Sony. Credit card fraud? You don't go to the store where the money was spent and demand a refund.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039009907/screenshots/

started a new install of bioshock infinite to try out new nvidia recommended settings,looks gorgeous and runs super smooth even during the chaotic combat

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406999089 ico_external_link.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406998970 ico_external_link.gif

also throwing a mclaren p1 around the nordschleife on assetto corsa dream pack dlc,so good

Edited by sunshine recorder

Wouldn't the bank be accountable though, and not Sony. Credit card fraud? You don't go to the store where the money was spent and demand a refund.

The part about threatening to ban his PSN account if he went to his bank? Hello, that's what you're legally required to do! I don't understand why anyone is giving Sony game money; unsecured network attacked on a daily basis, fucked up "sharing" features that give console control to another user, the ability of hackers to switch your purchasing power to their console (which is what happened here), unfinished game on top of unfinished game, and he can't even re-establish his console account for another 6 months??

just beat hotline miami 2. so good.

Woah, congrats. I'm 8 hours in and can't get past the 14th scene (playing with the trackpad and without the ability to lock enemies sure doesn't help...)

@rubin, looks like I skimmed and lost some essential bits, that's crazy.

Out Run 3D - pretty sweet

3DS I take it?

Sounds like a nightmare for PS4 owners, can these companies get any worse??

https://www.yahoo.com/games/news/sony-wont-refund-ps4-user-163400893.html

The media tends to sensationalize these things... probably in the high minority of incidents like this.

I guess I'm the only person in the world that thinks this situation we have where games are released in completely sub-par states (Aliens: Colonial Marines, Grand Theft Auto 4), or are released requiring patches within days (Alien vs Predator 2010) is unacceptable. Those games weren't made by small studios, either.

I think the vast majority of games released are finished and relatively bug-free; only the high-profile games seem to get bad press for day-one patches or broken features on launch.

I think the positive trade-off here is now developers can patch and fix their games if there is a bug, versus in the old days, once the discs were pressed and sent out, that was it - or worse, the game committed to a ROM cartridge...

True, but their policies seems to be FUBAR to say the least.

Agreed; Sony is far behind Google and others when it comes to security for PSN - another high-profile breach will force them to address this eventually.

I think the vast majority of games released are finished and relatively bug-free; only the high-profile games seem to get bad press for day-one patches or broken features on launch.

I think the positive trade-off here is now developers can patch and fix their games if there is a bug, versus in the old days, once the discs were pressed and sent out, that was it - or worse, the game committed to a ROM cartridge...

ja and it's always the biggest budget games making the biggest promises but also being held to the strickest deadlines by shareholders. the games aren't done when the developers are finished. they're done when it's time for them to come out.

mgs5 is probably the next big budget purchase for me. would love to see it have a rock solid launch but since it's coming out in sept i'll def wait for a black friday deal to scoop it and hope any bugs are patched out by then.

oh and madcatz just announced a 3 year deal with capcom for street fighter v so there's basically no hope for them to have legacy stick support. sucks because all the current gen sticks are butt ugly and have all kinds extended angular edges for no apparent reason. hori does have a ps3/4 stick for $150 tho. pretty sure my gf will kill me if i buy another one though...

I just ordered Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Far Cry 4 because I like innovation and believe that developers who make innovative games deserve my money. So take my money Ubisoft.

Hopefully I'll have time to play these sweet games when I'm done with Assassin's Creed IV!

Edited by Friendly Foil