IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

So glad I didn't enable Ironman Mode on XCOM 2: WotC, having lost faction members on missions more than once. And with the Avatar Project progress squares being enough of a concern, now you gotta worry about that Chosen assassin bitch gaining enough knowledge to find your Avenger. I can't wait to put her down for good.

Might check out Ruiner after I'm done with WotC, between now and when the new Wolfenstein drops...

If the Assasin finds your ship is it game over or does it just prompt a battle?

So glad I didn't enable Ironman Mode on XCOM 2: WotC, having lost faction members on missions more than once. And with the Avatar Project progress squares being enough of a concern, now you gotta worry about that Chosen assassin bitch gaining enough knowledge to find your Avenger. I can't wait to put her down for good.

Might check out Ruiner after I'm done with WotC, between now and when the new Wolfenstein drops...

If the Assasin finds your ship is it game over or does it just prompt a battle?

Good question. Not sure yet, since I'm afraid to check around online, lest possible spoilers be revealed. Either way I prefer to find out on my own.

I'm hoping it'll be like one of those missions where a UFO brings the Avenger down and you have to defend it, if the Assassin finds it.

Ruiner is great

color me intrigued :o

was playing it for a couple of hours last night, only had to stop because it was 5am and I had to get some sleep for work.

frequent points of criticism seem to controls and difficulty... the latter is deffo a plus in my book tho :) what do you think?

It definitely needs the ability to rebind controls (I can't believe an indie developer is putting out a game in 2017 without the ability to rebind controls, that's just fucking crazy).

I am finding I'm hitting a brick wall at the moment, so yeah it's a bit difficult.

thank you. doesn't sound like something a patch couldn't fix eventually. SOLD!

also

started playing Ruiner. love it! it's basically Perturbator: The Game.

thank you for this comment, as it made me check out this "perturbator" guy's latest EP and it's pretty fucking great, like carpenter on steroids. (yes, i am living under a rock)

beat Ruiner. short and sweet. straight back into it. there's plenty of room for customising play-styles, which I like.

it was a perfect break from playing DE:MD which I'm getting bogged down in tbh because I get all OCD about exploring everything and trying every possibility. I spent 50 hours just exploring Prague.

started playing Ruiner. love it! it's basically Perturbator: The Game.

thank you for this comment, as it made me check out this "perturbator" guy's latest EP and it's pretty fucking great, like carpenter on steroids. (yes, i am living under a rock)

innit. some of the soundtrack material on Ruiner sounds so much like Perturbator it's not funny. I've been obsessed with his sound/that aesthetic for almost 2 years now. check out his last LP, it's solid.

Edited by usagi

Decided to give Ruiner a spin. Only got thru the prologue so far. It's like Dark Souls meets Ghost in the Shell I guess.

Seems like Devolver is the go-to publisher for Polish indie developers these days.

Decided to give Ruiner a spin. Only got thru the prologue so far. It's like Dark Souls meets Ghost in the Shell I guess.

Seems like Devolver is the go-to publisher for Polish indie developers these days.

lol spend a good 30 minutes failing against the first boss on normal, trying to be clever, divide n conquer and be mobile to take guys off strategically one by one shooting and dogding... then i just took out my melee and mashed the fucker down :D.

getting super meat boy feels. phew.

edit: 88 deaths, a solid E!! XD

Edited by jaderpansen

^ I find keeping your distance and shooting is not a good idea in most cases, at least until you've leveled up a bit and are more powerful. enemies are much more precise shooters than you.

^ I find keeping your distance and shooting is not a good idea in most cases, at least until you've leveled up a bit and are more powerful. enemies are much more precise shooters than you.

yup, stuck to up and close strategy and got B+ in the parking lot B). shotties and melee are the way to go! liking the charge upgrade, very satisfying :) also getting better at laying paths for dashes. still struggling making good use of shield.

those akira drums tho... presentation 10/10 no doubt.

Edited by jaderpansen

frag grenade upgrade is worth it too, for the enemies that charge you.

agree re presentation, it's part of what makes it addictive. I also love the self-aware irony in it (*KILL BOSS*)

the snes mini is out and the videos are all over my youtube. really no interest here.. i guess it's cool for young kids to show them when nintendo was on top of their game

dishonoured 2: death of the outsider

pretty, but it feels a bit like a chore, maybe i'm playing it wrong (stealth)

i want a new thief that's as good as the first two