IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yakuza 0 is an odd one. the main story is okay but everything else is pretty poor. it feels like a clunky PS2 game and not in a charming way.

i keep seeing people saying how great it is so maybe i'm missing something. i'm not giving up on it quite yet, i'm not far so hopefully it gets better (just got to chapter 3).

Weird, the clunky shit is part of the charm, the entire game was a huge loling event for me. Loved it.

the snes mini is out and the videos are all over my youtube. really no interest here.. i guess it's cool for young kids to show them when nintendo was on top of their game

I got one. Replaying Super Metroid now. It is really nice to play with basically the original controller, the console itself is adorable, and the menu system is pretty slick. I think I'm going to try Megaman X next, and then take another swing at Earthbound - I never finished it before. Same with Zelda.

I tried Street Fighter II Turbo and I'm even worse than I remember. Could just barely beat one round against the computer at the default difficulty... after like 5 tries.

It'll be cool when it gets hacked so I can load other games onto it, although the only things I can think of putting on there are some shmups and Pilotwings, which I know is going to be shit but I've been wanting to replay for years for some reason.

Nioh is a fantastic game let down by bland level design and repetitive enemies. They should have kept it as a boss rush or fighting/duel game, the combat is really deep and interesting. The best fights are the one-off dojo spars really (though I sold my copy before the pvp came out).

Jesus Christ, Scorn looks fucking terrible

I don't think it really knows what it wants to be. Survival horror? FPS? Puzzle game? The visuals are amazing but that's about it, style over substance (as opposed to Cuphead, the devs went for a standard action platformer but elevates it with the visuals).

Texture-wise it looks great, map design wise [from what I've seen] it doesn't look much of an evolution from a mid 90s doom wad

I meant for from a gameplay perspective. It looks so incredibly bland and the style is ridiculous beyond belief. “Aw yeah, my gun is a dick monster that I feed with teeth and then I put it into a hole uuurgh vagina penis rib cages and shit”. It’s the least discreet version of a HR Giger inspired style.

Terrible in regards to the visuals' context, or just poor graphics?

Texture-wise it looks great, map design wise [from what I've seen] it doesn't look much of an evolution from a mid 90s doom wad

Gameplay-wise too - very simplistic and very frustrating.

I don't think it really knows what it wants to be. Survival horror? FPS? Puzzle game? The visuals are amazing but that's about it, style over substance (as opposed to Cuphead, the devs went for a standard action platformer but elevates it with the visuals).

I think the motivation for making this game (making a visually gorey FPS/Action game) came long before any thought of making a good playing game.

I meant for from a gameplay perspective. It looks so incredibly bland and the style is ridiculous beyond belief. “Aw yeah, my gun is a dick monster that I feed with teeth and then I put it into a hole uuurgh vagina penis rib cages and shit”. It’s the least discreet version of a HR Giger inspired style.

Almost like what 11 year olds would create if they could do advanced texture mapping.

Cuphead, on the other hand is stunning visually - AND fun to play. Challenging too.

Alien isolation - just started, I like it so far. Hope to finish it.

Gta V. My first Gta playthrough and I'm getting in to it (trying) I just find the game kind of stupid (fun at times)

Ds3 started ashes of ariandel finally after 50+hours. pvp, one day hopefully.

I liked Alien isolation until I realized I had spent a couple of hours virtually hiding in a closet.

My son wanted to play Quackshot after playing it on his friend's dad's Genesis. So I bought a Raspberry Pi and installed RetroPie on it. It's so great! I played a bunch of Genesis, NES and SNES games this morning before work. I felt like a kid again, sneaking some game time before school.

fSk4lYJ.jpg

My son wanted to play Quackshot after playing it on his friend's dad's Genesis. So I bought a Raspberry Pi and installed RetroPie on it. It's so great! I played a bunch of Genesis, NES and SNES games this morning before work. I felt like a kid again, sneaking some game time before school.

fSk4lYJ.jpg

Were you also collecting kindling this morning too? :dadjoke:

fSk4lYJ.jpg

Looks great! I keep meaning to setup an rpi and just dump a load of old retro games on

I liked Alien isolation until I realized I had spent a couple of hours virtually hiding in a closet.

It's taking some getting used to for me. Don't normally play fp action games or what have you. the games sound effects and environment are definitely closet seeking/hiding driven, atm.

fSk4lYJ.jpg

My brother gave me a RetroPi recently, but still haven't bought the controller yet. Any recommendations?

fSk4lYJ.jpg

My brother gave me a RetroPi recently, but still haven't bought the controller yet. Any recommendations?

one of the cheap buffalo snes knockoffs for like ~$15 https://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-BSGP815GY-Classic-USB-Gamepad/dp/B06XWD8QQJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507260271&sr=8-1&keywords=buffalo+snes+controller

or if you have a pi3 w/built in bluetooth you can use a ds4 or xbox pad pretty easily i hear. i'm stuck w/an old pi2 tho so i either use the buffalo pad or a ds2 hooked up to a usb converter