Alien Resurrection, for the first time in over 15 years. shitty but an enjoyable/memorable kind of shitty.

i never understood the hate, i like it and i think it's way better then alien 3

ripley is beast, there are plenty of aliens and boy, when the queen gives birth to that abomination and he rips her in half, just :doge:

Alien Resurrection, for the first time in over 15 years. shitty but an enjoyable/memorable kind of shitty.

ripley is beast, there are plenty of aliens and boy, when the queen gives birth to that abomination and he rips her in half, just :doge:

I've actually never seen #3. Resurrection was the first one I ever saw, then I backtracked and saw the other two (yeah, I missed out on Alien growing up). I do enjoy it, especially the underwater sequence (who the hell can hold their breath for that long?), but overall it's not to be taken too seriously. bad dialogue/pacing, goofy overacting, French direction... though I wouldn't expect a man who enjoys Harsh Times to care about any of that, you scoundrel you.

also I like/lol at the ragtag cast: Hellboy, Top Dollar, CSI guy, Tuco from Breaking Bad, Wynonas Big Brown Beaver, Dan Hedaya aka World's Hairiest Arms, that one greasy creepy little guy (carrying the chestburster) who always shows up in various horror movies... and Sigourney Weaver.

Get Hard - I laughed twice. Maybe less. Don't waste your time.

That's a pretty accurate review.

It's a shame too because they totally wasted two great comedic talents & an excellent premise. There could have been so much biting & hilarious bits about racism, classism, wealth disparity, the elite corporatocracy... instead 90% of the jokes amounted to "lol people get assraped in prison and sucking dick is gross"

Forget the end of Alien 3, the moment when Ripley said "who do I have to fuck to get off this ship?" was when she really died.

shaun the sheep-the movie -genuinely funny animated kids movie which adults will also love,8/10

se7en-fincher really upped his game after alien3,this movie,fight club and zodiac are all superb and i can watch these films any given time-8/10

Yes!!! Finally, some honest appreciation (the little it deserves) for the 4. It's not very good, but still better than 3. Memorable, that's a good way of putting it.

cujo - big dog, probably a movie to scare 8 year olds, i found it annoying, that kid was annoying, shut the hell up kid,

i hope your cheating arse mommy dies, more power to the poor rabid dog.

1GAikCV.jpg

Supposed to be the final Studio Ghibli film! I loved it, at first I thought it was going to be a bit lesbian, but as the story developed it got more interesting.

8.5/10

The Lazarus effect 5/10

shitty acting plus story line. But when Olivia Wilde goes nuts, it gets some what watchable. The line between science/religion was too blurred for my liking. And I found it hard to take this movie seriously, I mean they start talking about hell, and introduce religious motifs that then by the end the movie goes from scientifically laughable to horrifically bad. Olivia Wilde was looking mighty fine though and played the creepy resurrected super powerful chick part to a tee.

zardoz (1974) - sean connery in low budget semi-hard sci-fi shot in ireland (i was surprised about this when i saw that in the credits, as my brother and i were speculating that it had to be scottylandia given the landscape and that would have tied in to him wanting to shoot a lot of his films in his homeland, so not minding being in this odd outing, nwae, i was wrong, not unusual, was a twentieth century fox number). The film was interesting but pretty flat and marginally dreary, it came from a different place and time though so it was interesting to see nonetheless.

zardoz, go watch or don't, you will be minorly disappointed either way.

zardoz (1974) - sean connery in low budget semi-hard sci-fi shot in ireland (i was surprised about this when i saw that in the credits, as my brother and i were speculating that it had to be scottylandia given the landscape and that would have tied in to him wanting to shoot a lot of his films in his homeland, so not minding being in this odd outing, nwae, i was wrong, not unusual, was a twentieth century fox number). The film was interesting but pretty flat and marginally dreary, it came from a different place and time though so it was interesting to see nonetheless.

How could you NOT post a picture of those hooker boots?

6AB63136-BA38-4A97-90B5-32B9B5B5FD05_zps

Zardoz is a stone cold early 70's classic..... John Boorman directing.......+ Shir Connery killing everything in sight..... proper midnight cinema.

yeah its a bit clunky (not aged the best), but i'd be a bit more generous.......

Re-watched The Shout (again recently):

tumblr_mgmew3lO0i1qzzsdjo8_r1_1280.jpg

........fuckin IMMENSE madness, great story, surreal creepy moods (think Wicker Man meets Straw Dogs), cast are flawless (full of some Britain's best known actors from that period). Has John Hurt as some electroacoustic sound engineer & Alan Bates out-mentalisting just about every other psycho in screen history. Can not recommend highly enough. Banks & Rutherford from Genesis did the audio/soundtrack too (<-- hard sell insert).

Ken Park - wtffff/10 ..... ok so parents through the ages have got things wrong from time to time, but this just goes so far off the edge it managed to go full circle and slap me across the back of the head with uncomfortableness after uncomfortableness after uncomfortableness, and not in a good way. I knew it was almost Kids pt2, but there's a lot of elements here i wasnt too sure about. Yes its a morality tale, obviously, but god damn its hard to watch. That kid out the Wire, with his grandparent's plaque-y teefs, lord have mercy LOL. Felt tired n grossed out as the final credits rolled and thats not always a bad thing, but,,,,,,,,

Mr Turner 8/10 - A slow burner character study, Gorgeous cinematography, brilliant acting and script. An insight into the art world which i didn't know too much about, it being so long ago in the 1830's. Educational and absurd, this is one where you just have to bask in the great writing and another Spall tour de force where he communicates in mainly grunts.

I know hipsters worship at the alter of Bill Murray, but a Spall avatar could be your next avatar.