The clever premise is that each person is born with a frequency which can be analyzed and a value determined. What you are and what life choices you have are determined by your frequency.

Enter Daniel Fraser as Zak and Eleanor Wyld as Marie. We first see them as children in primary school and Zak has a liking for Marie but their frequencies are destined to keep them apart. But Zak doesn't accept that and he goes on to discover a way for people to change their frequencies.

:nope:

The Poltergeist remake was pretty flat and uneventful. Sam Rockwell playing himself again, they may as well have got Ben Stiller.

The original Poltergeist was no masterpiece but i'd still prefer Tobey Hooper and Craig T Nelson heading up this remake and see what they done with it.

Sadly it's another remake where they think shifting a few narrative variables and making it 'tech' heavy will create a fresh vibe.

We at the music makers demand original fresh horror and this didn't cut the mustard.

It Follows, pretty enjoyable, great atmosphere, music and camerawork, reminded me of Argento at times in that regard, acting was decent too but the story wasn't great, monster pretty lame. Monster reminded me of The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon.

No, you shouldn't give it a miss. The monster is a shapeshifter that manipulates it's form, turning into whatever the cursed girl fears the most in her mind at the time. It's very good, one of the best films of the year so far.

I rolled in on the massive watmm hype train for this film and was a little disappointed. Maybe I'm too old. It wasn't scary, but pretty entertaining nonetheless. Well shot and all...eh, maybe if I was 19. I just couldn't relate. 6/10

Before you go on a rampage, 6 is pretty good. 10 is godlike flawlessness. 2 is bad.

I almost gave it a 7!

Edited by Gocab

Horror films are rarely scary for me, not really the point.

I don't think I've been genuinely scared by a film since Audition.

I enjoyed It Follows considerably more than anything Argento has ever done, and I consider myself an expert on the genre. Come at me bros.

No, you shouldn't give it a miss. The monster is a shapeshifter that manipulates it's form, turning into whatever the cursed girl fears the most in her mind at the time. It's very good, one of the best films of the year so far.

ok i'll watch it then ... i'm easy to convince, and how bad can it be, well unless it's really dark, i'm such a girly girl these days. Check the game of thrones thread for evidence.

I rolled in on the massive watmm hype train for this film and was a little disappointed. Maybe I'm too old. It wasn't scary, but pretty entertaining nonetheless. Well shot and all...eh, maybe if I was 19. I just couldn't relate. 6/10

Before you go on a rampage, 6 is pretty good. 10 is godlike flawlessness. 2 is bad.

I almost gave it a 7!

i like the way you score, like there are actually 10 numbers to play with. I do the same, people freak out, they are incorrect.

Gone Girl. so fucking gross, man. it wasn't a bad movie at all, just utterly repulsive in its character. the slick Fincher styling made it all the more so.

Gone Girl. so fucking gross, man. it wasn't a bad movie at all, just utterly repulsive in its character. the slick Fincher styling made it all the more so.

Really? Thought it was terrible.

Risttuules (in the crosswind) 2014

Now this is a film... Mindblowing at times. Yes! Watch it.

9/10

i cant actually look at rosamund pike without feeling ill. shes like a human designed by an alien. shit is busted.

worst character was the sister. empty nothing character except her irritatingly loyal devotion to her retarded brother. although i would have a hard time saying no to emily ratajkowski.... tig ol bitties

i cant actually look at rosamund pike without feeling ill. shes like a human designed by an alien. shit is busted.

worst character was the sister. empty nothing character except her irritatingly loyal devotion to her retarded brother. although i would have a hard time saying no to emily ratajkowski.... tig ol bitties

RP definitely nailed the bony-ass WASPy entitled sociopathic rich bitch. I cannot stand those people, even in fiction.

there was not one likeable character in this movie imo.

Really? Thought it was terrible.

i took a little bit of psychedelics and tried to watch Gone Girl on the come up, after about 10 minutes of dialog of Ben affleck meeting the woman at the party and the fake/forced flirtatious banter i had enough and had to turn it off. I know real people actually flirt like that in real life but I've always found it extremely fucking irritating in real life too when people do that fake jokey banter type of flirting, so i guess it wasn't so much that it was unrealistic dialog for when a male and female douche at a party have chemistry.

Edited by John Ehrlichman