I thought it was surprisingly competent, different strokes I guess.

i felt like it was forcing me to relate to the characters instead of just getting on with the programme.

alSUtKm.jpg

this was brilliant. it's based on the 'sword of gideon' mission which was mossad's answer to black september's 1972 munich massacre. spielberg did a full feature which is surprisingly, a kind of edited version of this made-for-tv film, which imo plays much better because it fleshes out the characters more and even gives small details which- in the film version- might seem a little convenient.

the only problem is probably the cast which is not quite as seasoned, but i suppose that's more due to budget constraints and 80s cocaine.

Munich is such a terrible film, especially bad is eric banna's sex-climax murder memory scene.

Edited by caze

^^^ that always annoyed me to no end- together with the constant flash back to the hostage scene in the beginning. it's like the film constantly has to remind you why they're doing it like they aren't already discussing it all the time betwix assignments.

another thing worth noting: a lot of scenes from sword of gideon seem to have been lifted almost shot-for-shot and recreated for munich. even eric bana's casting seems to be due to his resemblance to steven bauer. come to think of it, the entire team are clones of this cast.

Guest bitroast

mmJ9hXv.jpg

couldn't finish this (barely made it through the first hour). what i got is that it's about some family crisis because the mom died during some nuclear meltdown in japan so the kid grows up to date the olsen twin's sister in san francisco and go to iraq. yawn

Heheheh.

Watched Pacifim Rim recently. Yessssssss so good. Can totally understand if and why people would hate this but i really got into it. The stilted stereotype ridden acting and script totally suited the film being so cgi and robots fighting monsters heavy it all was. Created a nice cohesive consistentancy that made getting into the cgi more tolerable ?? or something ?? Like watching a living graphic novel all colourful and over the top. Exactly what you'd expect from a big expensive movie about people 80s cartoon-style robot fighting alien monster things.

Edited by bitroast

just watched Mothman Prophecies again. tonally its got a lot of problems but its one of my biggest guilty pleasure movies. Its hard to find a mainstream film that captures the better atmospherics/suspense from good X-files episodes and this definitely hits the mark for me.

Yeah same here. Really like that quote about explaining yourself to cockroaches.

just watched Mothman Prophecies again. tonally its got a lot of problems but its one of my biggest guilty pleasure movies. Its hard to find a mainstream film that captures the better atmospherics/suspense from good X-files episodes and this definitely hits the mark for me.

Yeah same here. Really like that quote about explaining yourself to cockroaches.

3rded.

Nightcrawler - 7/10. Really well made and good performances all around from just about everyone. Gyllenhaal was extremely creepy. Ultimately though I found it a bit empty, as I found Bloom's character opaque and everyone else just kind of easy narrow caricatures. Without any insight into his inner workings other than hating people and wanting to succeed it just feels like a 2-dimensional send-up of the corporate go-getter mentality, which is well-worn territory.

50 Shades of Grey - L(0)L/10. A shiny, highly polished turd of a movie. Fails on nearly every level. The range of acting was flat and mediocre to downright laughable. Super weak bondage scenes (which I thought was the whole part that made the book stand out with the general public), hilariously bad dialogue (though my wife tells me the book is that bad or worse w.r. to dialogue), and a cliff-hanger ending that actually had me laughing hysterically. Nearly a third of the movie seemed to be a car or helicopter commercial or a really weird ad for a hardware store (honestly, how much rope do you need to stock for bondage?).

Happy Birthday To Me - A slasher that is criminally long and is nowhere near as clever as it believes. Made me question why I watch so many of these films, and by the end I didn't care what happened. 5/5.

So, judging by your score the film is flawless?

i watched the walking dead premiere right after i first saw Day of the Triffids and it kinda ruined walking dead forever for me tbh

edit: wait i dont think thats the one i saw, it was a miniseries

Edited by John Ehrlichman

kajaki - a bunch of british dudebro soldiers in afghanistan end up in an old russian minefield and keep blowing themselves up. gore ensues. 7/10.

Edited by eugene

Guest transmisiones ferox

I came to the conclusion that Forbidden Forest in Bloodborne prob the best level designed from all Souls series, you almost feel like trying to solve the puzzle, searching for the way out, killing hardcore enemies in between, one thing that makes me sad, there's prob even more hardcore boss waiting for me at the end

Just watched Antiviral after seeing it mentioned in this thread. Great film. The visual style is nice too.

Btw, there's a credit for "modular synthesizer programmer" in it, pretty IDM.

Edit: interview with the soundtrack guy

I guess I'll watch Enemy now, which features the same lady.

Edited by th555