Creep - xxx's wolfing out tale made flesh. Seriously, which of you fuckers created that film as he is more than entitled to a share of the profits.

Wow, The Revenant looks great. Yes, I know it's impossible to tell from a trailer, but at least it visually looks great and Leonardo DiCaprio is pretty awesome

Wow, The Revenant looks great. Yes, I know it's impossible to tell from a trailer, but at least it visually looks great and Leonardo DiCaprio is pretty awesome

Did look rather good. But, as you stated...

Welcome To New York 8/10 - It's been so long since seeing an Abel Ferrara film i'd forgotten about his wreckless style and thought he'd quit. I'd seen him in a documentary on the King Of New York DVD where he was gettin wasted with Skooly D. Abel looked burnt out and so thought I was his creativity. What a comeback! Deperdieu is his new muse and what a perfect partnership. What a pair of anarchists making watchable cinema. Also big shout out to Bisset as the wife.

Expected to hate it based on terrible reviews from critics and viewers - but I found it really funny. It's flippant, dark, surreal.

Instead of tension that their plane can't land safely they all indulge in drugs, random sex and drugs.

YPH21Bs.jpg

And it is quite camp, so some won't like that.....

7Sz1Jc3.jpg

Jurassic World, ridiculous nonsense for the most part, but watched with your brain in the off-position it's enjoyable enough. Better than the other sequels at any rate.

A Simple Plan

Ooo'e - a forgotten gem? Perhaps! Very entertaining and engrossing story. 3 lads find 4+ mill in the middle of the woods...what do you do!? Great performances from Billy + Paxton.

Thoroughly entertaining/10

a-simple-plan-found-money.jpg

Bloody Birthday (1981) - A fairly straightforward mashup of Village of the Damned and Halloween. Clearly made to cash in on the success of Halloween with lots of setting and plot similarities but with more TnA. Would have benefited from a more minimal soundtrack. The kids were sufficiently creepy sociopaths.

Edited by patternoverlap

A Simple Plan

Ooo'e - a forgotten gem? Perhaps! Very entertaining and engrossing story. 3 lads find 4+ mill in the middle of the woods...what do you do!? Great performances from Billy + Paxton.

That shotgun blast to that dudes old lady...haha. oh man.

Haven't seen this in years, but really enjoyed it at the time. Loved all those crows perched in trees tracking shots.

Edited by olo

A Simple Plan

Edited by John Ehrlichman

A Simple Plan

cool now i don't have to watch the film.

A Simple Plan

I read the book before I saw it, the book is virtually the screenplay, the movie follows the book *very* closely unlike many adaptions.

Jan Svankmajer's Alice - 10/10 now officially my favorite movie

One of my fav's (and by far the best version of Alice...) but I like his film Conspirators of Pleasure best.

His last feature Surviving Life (Theory and Practice) was cool as it was a different style of animation for him, collage technique (and as usual very funny and surreal.)

Bloody Birthday (1981) - A fairly straightforward mashup of Village of the Damned and Halloween. Clearly made to cash in on the success of Halloween with lots of setting and plot similarities but with more TnA. Would have benefited from a more minimal soundtrack. The kids were sufficiently creepy sociopaths.

Love this film, I'm a fan of 'evil children' films......cause they are!

Edited by Kooch

Guest transmisiones ferox

A Simple Plan

Haven't seen this in years, but really enjoyed it at the time. Loved all those crows perched in trees tracking shots.

lol about this film, somehow this scene still on my mind, can't even remember when I watched it, as a kid

From One Second to the Next - A short Herzog joint about the aftermath of fatal car accidents caused by texting drivers. Pretty fucking horrific considering it's ~35 minutes of people in living rooms talking straight into the camera. Makes me want to sell my bike as well.

Edited by doublename

19463228.jpg

still solid after all these years. maybe I'm biased but I watch this on the regular and think it's one of the most important movies ever made. and it nearly got fucking banned (the Play for Today it was based on successfully was) by Whitehouse and other morality-police shysters who couldn't accept the reality that this was happening, or, worse, implicitly endorsed it as the right thing.

I guess I should add the caveat that the Herzog jawn was funded by ATT, VERIZON et al. Lil disappointing.

it always hurts me physically a little bit in the pit of my stomache when an artist I respect does a commercial, even if its a good one. thats too bad