SCUM

Never heard about this before, will definitely check it out.

Edited by Gocab

I'm trying to find a movie, I saw the trailer here within the last year or so

black & white, dudes with swords riding horses across british-looking moors, some camera weirdness going on too...

dammit all I really remember was thinking I wanted to see it

oh, also

Looper: 5 laziest time-travel effect evers / 10

Django Unchained: 8 think I actually like Leo Dicaprio plus KKK-is-dumb jokes / 10

Wolf of Wall Street: 3 nah Leo just had a good role in Djangos / 10

Cosmopolis: 7 better as a novels / 10

Bringing Up Baby: 6 jaguars in Connecticuts / 10

A Bout de Souffle: 8 nouvelle vagues / 10

Her: about to watch it heard it's good don't spoil it for me / 10

Edited by doorjamb

I'm trying to find a movie, I saw the trailer here within the last year or so

black & white, dudes with swords riding horses across british-looking moors, some camera weirdness going on too...

dammit all I really remember was thinking I wanted to see it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Field_in_England

big game - 4/10 - really stupid, some pretty shots and action scenes but slj is really lazy and uncharismatic in this one. and i don't like that thing of defying hollywood expectations on every turn that this movie has got going, it becomes predictable and banal in its own way.

The twins of evil.

Very enjoyable 1971 hammer horror flick.

One of the twins (played by fit playboy models) gets lured in by the local vampire and turns immortal, starts lusting after the local school teacher's husband.

Fun / 10

220px-Dick_tracy1.jpg

I saw this film when it came out, and I just saw it again yesterday. ...I can't believe it's been 25 years since I saw this! Da fuk. Anyway, besides some dialogue and other off timing parts, the film is really quite good, especially artistically. It's much more adult than I remember, but also much more playful than I remember. There's a lot of great/meaningful dialogue bits that I totally didn't catch when I was 8 or whatever. For some reason I teared up a couple times, because I guess I was on my period. It's weird cuz this film is just "pretty good", but it's aaalmost a masterpiece. How the hell can a film be so close to great, yet so far at the same time? Dick Tracy is how.

Pretty good story, great makeup, greeeat art direction.

8.68/10

Edited by peace 7

Anyone seen Human Centipede 3 yet? Didn't realise it was even released yet, but apparently it is. Looks lolworthy and very wrong.

It's a very different movie from the second and first one. A lot more dark/shock humor, relies heavilly on political/moral issues for shock value instead of the pure body horror/gore of the first ones. A bit boring at times imo. I liked the second movie a lot more.

blind (www.imdb.com/title/tt2616810/) - that was really great. it's somewhat of a mix of "stranger than fiction" and "synecdoche, new york", but much more intimate and warmer. it may feel a tad gimmicky at times but it's got very good intentions at heart and this device is used with great purpose. in general it feels like a film that your good friend would make, it's just very current and very perceptive. so yeah, it's really one of those where you just sit and watch the very end of the credits, processing what you've just seen.

btw, it's a debut film of the screenwriter who wrote "oslo, august 31" which is also very much worth viewing.

Anyone seen Human Centipede 3 yet? Didn't realise it was even released yet, but apparently it is. Looks lolworthy and very wrong.

It's a very different movie from the second and first one. A lot more dark/shock humor, relies heavilly on political/moral issues for shock value instead of the pure body horror/gore of the first ones. A bit boring at times imo. I liked the second movie a lot more.

you people are sick.

5 for £30 on Blu-rays in HMV. Managed to cop Kill List, The Place Beyond the Pines, Leon, The Wolf of Wall Street, Sin City 2 and one extra, The Spirit. I hadn't seen any of these flicks prior to purchasing, but ended up loving 'em all except The Spirit. Not even the heart-wrenchingly beautiful Scarlett Johansson could save that one from being a borefest.

Edited by valleyinaire

Creep (2014) played like a homo-erotic version of Stephen King's Misery which is where it takes it's cues from. The only female in the film is a voice, which gives the film a mano-y-mano thing.

99centsmasks/10

you people are sick.

:shrug:

I hope Tom Six releases the colorized version of HC2

Watched Il Conformista for the second time yesterday. Beautiful film, visually speaking it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen, reminded me of Alphaville quite a bit at times.

Calvary - 8/10

I was really disappointed by this one, the characters in it are ridiculous and undermine everything else. I know Ireland is a bit gimp but fucking hell, what was up with that greasy Chicago bloke?