970008985f3ac6fb81ed3ec3da0a342513897296

turned out to be much more emotionally involving than I thought it would be. brutal, really. best anime I've seen in a while. and it's from 1999.

Guest bitroast

i didn't mind Royal space force at all !!

nice little story doing the ghettospace travel about space race from home garage. plus quirky soundtrack by ryuichi sakamoto is wicked.

maybe not perfect but i enjoyed it :)

if you like Paris Texas ....

Paris Texas (1984)

5/5

,,,,,,check out The American Friend (with Dennis Hopper):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075675/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_44

and Wenders did a funny 10mins short for this compilation of directors which is superb across the board (Spike Lee, Kaurismaki, Jim Jarmusch et al):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304808/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_18

Das Gespenst von Canterville (2005)

This seems to be the last trace of Helmut Doring, where he is credited as Camera Department.

He only has 2 acting roles, both in Herzog films.

He seems to be still alive. I wonder what the little chap is up to these days.

yeah that outfit was epic.

its surreal to think He-Man was based on a psychosexual campy scifi movie by boorman

lol he-man is based on paintings by Frank Frazetta

backcountry

pretty crappy. incredibly stupid main character, but holy fucking shit that mauling scene made me feel almost nauseous for a second. i can't even remember the last time a movie made me feel like that. so that was impressive i guess.

if you like Paris Texas ....

Paris Texas (1984)

5/5

,,,,,,check out The American Friend (with Dennis Hopper):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075675/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_44

I've not seen that film since the late 90's and have been looking for a good copy.

We had to study it at Uni for film studies, our lecturer thought it was the best film ever!

monsieur hire - beautifully shot, elegantly directed and anchored by a great score, but damn, does it feel completely out of this time and irrelevant to state of things. maybe i just don't go out much™ but it's just hard for me to imagine people acting and even feeling like the characters from the film do nowadays, with our internets, online relationships, chronic mistrust and cynicism...it's just funny how completely alien and outdated it feels, and it's not even that old of a film.

11yqtcA.png

this was an assault on the sense. the movie doesn't so much hit the ground running as it injects a hippo amount of testosterone into your gonads and knees you in the bollocks. btw: excellent production design. everything exists in that world.

Gone Girl.

Ben Affleck didn't even bother acting in this. You gotta be kidding me. She would have gone to prison anyway but hey don't let that get in the way of the story.

creep - i don't like horror and even less its found footage subgenre but the reviews were good so wth. it payed off, this was a really well made, engaging, hilarious and yet pretty disturbing flick made on 3 digit budget at most, quite admirable!

Edited by eugene

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night 6/10

An Iranian vampire movie. Style over substance.

House of the Devil - 7/10

Pretty cool. Could've been nastier.

970008985f3ac6fb81ed3ec3da0a342513897296

turned out to be much more emotionally involving than I thought it would be. brutal, really. best anime I've seen in a while. and it's from 1999.

Yup, absolutely terrific film, it ruined anime for me since pretty much nothing else comes close. One of the last hand drawn.

so yeah genisys was a dumb movie but still 100x better than jurassic waste.

was home alone and feeling particularly masochistic so decided to finish the last half hour of the 10 hour epic transformers 9 movie with mark whaleborg (walked out in the theatre after seeing the first dinobot). it surprisingly really comes together right in the end

no it doesn't lol

Watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape t'other day. Good film. Nice to see Johnny Depp play a low key role, haven't watched him do that in a while. He can be pretty good when he wants to.