tWqifoYuwLETmmasnGHO7xBjEtt.jpg

this was terrible. how are people paying to watch crap like this? anyway, this felt more like a very expensive filmed stage play of the cartoon- which imo is only interesting if you like 1). over-the-top plays or 2). want to compare and contrast the animated feature and this.

either way, was unable to finish due fading interest

It Comes at Night

Holy shit/10

Worth seeing in theater? I'm hearing such mixed opinions but would love to see on big screen with big sound if it's actually scary.

I'm almost positive that it wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't watched it at the movies. 

It Comes at Night

Holy shit/10

Worth seeing in theater? I'm hearing such mixed opinions but would love to see on big screen with big sound if it's actually scary.

So Elvis's granddaughter can actually act? In Mad Max she mostly just reacted to things happening around her.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Was entertained. Kinda strange how humanity is fighting for survival, but they have time to build an amp stacked semi/tank equipped with flame throwing guitarist. Priorities I gather.

this was terrible. how are people paying to watch crap like this? anyway, this felt more like a very expensive filmed stage play of the cartoon- which imo is only interesting if you like 1). over-the-top plays or 2). want to compare and contrast the animated feature and this.

True story. I used to sell bikes that i refurbed. I sold an old Emelle city bike to an american undergrad first year in Oxford. I met him and his mates at a pub beforehand, they were at the same college as the actress in the picture. They told me they were putting bets on who would get to see her nether region first.

The Belko Experiment - This is like Cube meets High-Rise and it is not a good film.

A Cure for Wellness - I had to take a break about halfway through this ~150 minute film, and I don't know if I will ever go back. It feels like something that's been kicked around since ~2001 (what with the creepy girl anorexic girl in the white dress, and her whole bullshit subplot), but that may just be what Gore Verbinksi movies are like.

The Ring (2002) - I guess this is to blame for 15 years of awful PG-13 ghost horror flix? 

Edited by doublename

True story. I used to sell bikes that i refurbed. I sold an old Emelle city bike to an american undergrad first year in Oxford. I met him and his mates at a pub beforehand, they were at the same college as the actress in the picture. They told me they were putting bets on who would get to see her nether region first.

friend of mine went to brown when she was there and had a class with her. people would yell "10 points for griffindor" any time she spoke in class lol

Per Squee 's rec saw It Comes at Night in theater. Very well made and acted. Didn't really find it scary or thought provoking even though I respect its craftsmanship. Very simple and coulda probably watched at home.

euaTowP.jpg

wow, what a piece of shit. but what an enjoyable piece of shit. you have to see this film to believe it exists.

basically, some video game is "alive" and can take over your soul- and when you play it you disappear and go into the worst VR universe ever conceived. and you gotta see seth green working his hair in this

seven quarters out of ten (although that ending needs to be measured on a new scale)

The Belko Experiment - This is like Cube meets High-Rise and it is not a good film.

A Cure for Wellness - I had to take a break about halfway through this ~150 minute film, and I don't know if I will ever go back. It feels like something that's been kicked around since ~2001 (what with the creepy girl anorexic girl in the white dress, and her whole bullshit subplot), but that may just be what Gore Verbinksi movies are like.

The Ring (2002) - I guess this is to blame for 15 years of awful PG-13 ghost horror flix? 

I was planning on renting A Cure for Wellness tomorrow. So... not too great I gather?

Saw John Wick Chapter 2 last night, it was absolutely over the top ridiculous but mostly fun. To be fair, I missed the beginning of the first one when I saw it, but I don't remember it being that insane/silly. 

Also, the fight scenes often looked a bit too choreographed. Like, distractingly so. Some were pretty solid, but a few were just too much into dance choreography territory to feel like fights. The choreography and timing of much of the "Wick shoots 7 guys in a span of 10 seconds" was just shoddy. Not in the tongue-in-cheek way, just not very well done. The chase scenes at the beginning were damned fun, and some of the bit players were funny, but overall maybe I just wasn't drunk enough to enjoy it fully? 6.5nitpickyassholes/10 

euaTowP.jpg

wow, what a piece of shit. but what an enjoyable piece of shit. you have to see this film to believe it exists.

basically, some video game is "alive" and can take over your soul- and when you play it you disappear and go into the worst VR universe ever conceived. and you gotta see seth green working his hair in this

seven quarters out of ten (although that ending needs to be measured on a new scale)

That sounds awesome.

For whatever strange reason I've been on a Kung Fu kick for the past couple of months, and after rewatching the Raid and Raid 2 I was excited to see my dude Iko in the Netflix 'just added' section

Untitled-4%2Bcopy.jpg

there's some good fight scenes and ultraviolence here but sadly the ending wasn't like either of the Raids as it went out on more of a fizzle than a bang. Thankfully there's plenty of fireworks in other scenes to make up for it.

For whatever strange reason I've been on a Kung Fu kick for the past couple of months, and after rewatching the Raid and Raid 2 I was excited to see my dude Iko in the Netflix 'just added' section

Untitled-4%2Bcopy.jpg

there's some good fight scenes and ultraviolence here but sadly the ending wasn't like either of the Raids as it went out on more of a fizzle than a bang. Thankfully there's plenty of fireworks in other scenes to make up for it.

Weird, I've just rewatched both Raid movies and I recently watched Headshot. Man, what a long movie. It really wasn't worth it.

I was planning on renting A Cure for Wellness tomorrow. So... not too great I gather?

Yeah, there's definitely the seed of an interesting movie in there, but the end product is a real mess.

Yeah, there's definitely the seed of an interesting movie in there, but the end product is a real mess.

I've heard that elsewhere. Just saved me 4.99. I'll wait till it;s free somewhere 

Untitled-4%2Bcopy.jpg

Weird, I've just rewatched both Raid movies and I recently watched Headshot. Man, what a long movie. It really wasn't worth it.

I watched it in two sittings which may have helped. The story wasn't great, but it was worth it for the police station segment alone,