Hounds of love - 3/5

I thought it was very nicely done, on a tight budget of 750k the acting was actually really good. I mean, I was actually disturbed there for a minute. Reflecting on it - I feel the choice of not having any graphic stuff, was a good one, my mind was made to fill the gaps, which it couldn't help doing because it's so dirty.

Requiem for a dream - 4.5/5

Holy fuck it got intense in the end, made even more so with camera and sound effects. This movie made me feel really sad for older, lonely ladies. I really felt the love between the 2 main male characters (leto and wyans) and their mothers - but man what brutal story telling... I was laughing at stages, sure... Just from some of ridiculousness found in the lead up, but as it unfolded, I really started feeling the pain for these people, and his arm...ouch.

she's scary.

Scary in the way I would have totally been into in high school

Yesh!

Hounds of love - 3/5

I thought it was very nicely done, on a tight budget of 750k the acting was actually really good. I mean, I was actually disturbed there for a minute. Reflecting on it - I feel the choice of not having any graphic stuff, was a good one, my mind was made to fill the gaps, which it couldn't help doing because it's so dirty.

Holy fuck it got intense in the end, made even more so with camera and sound effects. This movie made me feel really sad for older, lonely ladies. I really felt the love between the 2 main male characters (leto and wyans) and their mothers - but man what brutal story telling... I was laughing at stages, sure... Just from some of ridiculousness found in the lead up, but as it unfolded, I really started feeling the pain for these people, and his arm...ouch.

I think Ellen Burstyn gives maybe the best performance I've ever seen in any film. Made my friend cry the first time he saw it.

she's scary.

Yesh!

Hounds of love - 3/5

I think Ellen Burstyn gives maybe the best performance I've ever seen in any film. Made my friend cry the first time he saw it.
Yes! She was outstanding, I was close to tears for sure, great performance, powerful film.

Alien Covenant - 3/5

I will give it a full review one of these days but basically it was technically impressive, looked good but the story was stupid and predictable. Say what you will about Alien Resurrection but those practical closeups still haven't been topped. CGI alien in this one looked like crap. I hated the recycling of the first films score. I went with two others who thought the same.

Captain Fantastic - Almost unwatchably bad. Terrible in so many ways. Would easily have been the worst film I have seen in a long time if I hadn't watched Savages last week.

Captain Fantastic - Almost unwatchably bad. Terrible in so many ways. Would easily have been the worst film I have seen in a long time if I hadn't watched Savages last week.

Oh god, I feel for you. I watched the trailer and it made me throw up in my mouth.

she's scary.

Yesh!

Hounds of love - 3/5

check Scorsese's "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore", she fkn rocks that too

Get Out - 6/10

Something rather fundamental irked me about this movie - the whole film is trying to make a big deal about racism and stuff, and the main character is portrayed (and referred to) as being an African-American.

But the actor is not. The actor is English. Why couldn't they have just had the character be English?

Reminded me of that time when that runner was interviewed and they referred to him as an African-American.

I know it might seem silly, but this really tainted the film for me.

Edited by oscillik

He won't like that film The Terminal. It's about an Eastern European man stranded at the airport. He's played by Tom Hanks who's American in real life.

He won't like that film The Terminal. It's about an Eastern European man stranded at the airport. He's played by Tom Hanks who's American in real life.

To be fair, The Terminal isn't trying to be a social commentary on race issues.

it's kind of like Idris Elba in The Wire, he couldn't have been an English guy, it just happened that an English guy was the best for the role. I first saw Daniel Kaluuya in Sicario and I thought he inhabited his character so well that I was very surprised to find him in a first-season episode of Black Mirror afterwards talking like a roadman.

Get Out - 6/10

Something rather fundamental irked me about this movie - the whole film is trying to make a big deal about racism and stuff, and the main character is portrayed (and referred to) as being an African-American.

But the actor is not. The actor is English. Why couldn't they have just had the character be English?

Reminded me of that time when that runner was interviewed and they referred to him as an African-American.

I know it might seem silly, but this really tainted the film for me.

lol its called acting

new film by David Michod coming out on Netflix in May (excuse shitty trailer):

McMahon's based on Stanley McChrystal. I rate Michod highly, looking forward to this.

"Funny" Brad Pitt is the worst Brad Pitt. Kinda like George Clooney.

tumblr_inline_mgl277zank1qc9lhz.gif

http://theplaylist.net/failure-launch-war-machine-brad-pitt-major-misfire-review-20170522/

Shapeless, astonishingly flat, and spectacularly ill-conceived, “War Machine” is the painful kind of satire that’s neither funny nor incisive. Laconically narrated by Scoot McNairy as a Rolling Stone reporter who’s introduced into the narrative far later than he should be, and told in a manner not dissimilar to “The Big Short,” “War Machine” lives and dies on its tone, which is often deadpan and sometimes goofy. Unfortunately, no one seems to know what that tone is except for maybe Brad Pitt who appears to be acting in an entirely different movie with his facial tics, gruff voice and overall grotesquely affected performance. Or actually, maybe it’s that Pitt — playing the Buzz Lightyear of Army Generals — is the only person not onboard, and you’ve got a director too embarrassed to tell him otherwise. Because there’s really no other explanation as to why Pitt seems so off-piste.

LOL!