Also - can anyone help me out, trying to remember the name of this recent film from a few years back - it's shot like a 60s/70s sexploitation film, and follows some sort of witch or evil spirited lady(albeit an attractive one) who invites people back to her house and performs rituals?

MV5BMjA5NDEyMjQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ1

Nice one! Thanking you kindly.

Looking forward to checking it out :mu-ziq:

1922 - once I got used to Thomas Jane's accent this was a pleasant surprise, lacks the ambiguity of the book but managed to creep me out. Spoiler - in the novella does he fall in the well with the cow by accident or am I thinking of something else?

Yeah, he pulled that off. Like he walked out of a tintype

Also - can anyone help me out, trying to remember the name of this recent film from a few years back - it's shot like a 60s/70s sexploitation film, and follows some sort of witch or evil spirited lady(albeit an attractive one) who invites people back to her house and performs rituals?

MV5BMjA5NDEyMjQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ1

Nice one! Thanking you kindly.

Looking forward to checking it out :mu-ziq:

not seen that but check out Psycho Beach Party which also does the tongue in cheek faux retro thing

in the previous page i posted 2 movies which also pay a tongue in cheek homage to the 70's aesthetics...

edit: damn, page break, well, on page 546...

this one also does, although it's an anthology:
MV5BMjA0OTQ2MzE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg0

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Is it any good?

i enjoyed it although it's a little self indulgent and mixes time periods (has a 60s sexploitation look but takes place in modern day). i enjoyed her first film 'viva' more

Edited by Nebraska

ok im up to the second thor movie. im nearing death. momentarily buoyed by iron man 3 which .... was actually ok? like a legitimately decent film, and certainly much better than any of the other marvel movies. i liked kiss kiss bang bang well enough and I read that basically that movie got rdj the first iron man so this was throwing shane black a bone but it turned out ok. cool. certainly makes the first avengers movie look like what it is. absolute soporific dogshit. 

iron man 3 which .... was actually ok? like a legitimately decent film, and certainly much better than any of the other marvel movies.

some lines shouldn’t be crossed

yeah i must admit i also have a soft spot for ironman movies, Robert Downey Jr is pretty fun in my book...

just watched black panther, went to check its score and got pretty shock that it has 90% on rotten tomatoes...

hey look what i found in the avengers thread

best comic book movie i've ever seen. and it has harry dean stanton in it.

I must have been in a dark place. pre-2013 zaphod posts should be disregarded as non canon.

although if that statement is about the avengers then yes, I stand by it. if you grew up reading comics, which i did, then avengers had a novelty to it in 2012. now, not so much.

iron man 3 was totally forgettable. no better or significantly worse than the other movies, but it's some supreme contrarian shit to say it's the best mcu movie. i think that's the original iron man probably? 

Edited by zaphod

my nibba. I knew if someone itt was going to take the time out to watch it it'd be you.

what do you think of the White Helmets re legitimacy?

agreed on the question of faking, seems well impossible to me. it's like... even if Fayyad/WH have a super-secret conspiratorial agenda, it's ultimately driven at its core by survival for those indiscriminate bombing victims, above all else. even if it's possible that things can get mixed up when you have rebel groups operating in close proximity, the WH goal is basically stopping civilian death. it just happens to be anti-gov civilians because they're the ones being quarantined and beaten into submission by Assad and his help.

I just got in a bother about the whole thing and decided to deep-dive into the subject myself because there are people I know (very much on the left, which to me is so disappointing) who have come out vocally in my newsfeed saying that WH are deceivers and rebels in disguise who are soliciting Western intervention. but even if that's true: if that's broadly aligned with saving innocent lives in this situation (because they are demonstrably saving lives, regardless of whatever else they might be doing), how much does that matter? should they not do whatever they can to prevent this apocalyptic extermination of their people? (those fish, man - drove it home hard)

the fact that so many innocents have died in this conflict as a fact on its own is enough to mean that Assad should go. the proxy war between the West and Russia/Iran shouldn't even enter into the argument, one way or the other.

finally watched baskin, lol whhaaaaaa??? twas a but silly... started pretty cool but it just went downhill... that hole loop narrative tried a bit too hard to be fresh but it just fell flat... satan's wife was ridiculously funny, couldn't help but lol every time she combed her hair with her hands... =^D

MV5BYWJmYzMxZDYtMWMxOC00ZWRlLWE3ZTItMzEz

Wind River

Not bad! Bit of a slow start but satisfying end. Renner channels some Charles Bronson vibes...or maybe Steven Segal from 'Sniper: Special Ops'

i did it. i watched all the marvel movies in a week or so. seeing the new one tomorrow. i feel dirty.

here's how i would rank them

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Iron Man 3

Iron Man

Spider Man Homecoming

Captain America Civil War

Iron Man 2

Captain American Winter Soldier

Ant-Man

Guardians of the Galaxy

Thor Ragnarok

Doctor Strange