I wiki'd it. very good.

Very good.

Now that you know the whole story, it was the cloning of Lockwood's daughter I was refering to... very good indeed.

seriously if you’re into horror go see hereditary. one of the most confident debut movies I’ve ever seen. makes the witch look like a student film.

family are away this weekend, so will take a punt on this advice 2morrow afternoon when the venue will still be quiet & i can get a joint in b4-hand

last horror i went to see on someone else's hyped recommendation was the Babadook doe & that made me wanna smash that kid's skull in, which was nice

last horror i went to see on someone else's hyped recommendation was the Babadook doe & that made me wanna smash that kid's skull in

That's the WATMM consensus right there!

last horror i went to see on someone else's hyped recommendation was the Babadook doe & that made me wanna smash that kid's skull in

To be fair, I wanted the mom's skull caved in just as much.

To be fair, I wanted the mom's skull caved in just as much.

Bash her face in with the kid's face.

seriously if you’re into horror go see hereditary. one of the most confident debut movies I’ve ever seen. makes the witch look like a student film.

the babadook sucked

I have faith in your recommendation. The VVitch was pretty decent, but good lord did the babadook suck. no idea where all the hype came from for that film (not sure about here, but just on the internet in general).

you were never really here

I enjoyed it

I read a summary of the film and realized I got zero of the symbolism that made the films narative

in other news...

probably gonna be less than stellar

edit: not a remake actually.

For some reason I have faith in this movie. It's written by Kenny fucking Powers/Danny McBride and David Gordon Green.

I'm a Danny McBride fan but outside of the projects both he and David Gordon Green have been a part of I'm not really familiar with any of Green's other work. I'm hoping it surprises me. And how sweet would a Stevie Janowski murder scene be?  one can only dream.

image04.jpg

All the Halloween films except for the first one are rubbish. The third is a fun oddity but otherwise the bar they have to clear is Busta Rhymes doing karate.

vpDSkMz.jpg

Children's hour (1961)

Ok I never thought a flick like that could get me on the edge of my seat (second half). I guess also because I really didn't expect it. Excellent story that starts out slow and characters that surprised me with depth. Try to get that in today's film- no way josé. Anyway, I was struck by the displayed strength of Hepburn's character, quite to the point that it reminded me how much I don't trust people who "get over" stuff too quickly.