The Monster Squad is fun and if this film manages that then cool.

hm...

You're blaming the film for something that exists in your brain.

edit: me taking down tec with his own comment in brutal alien warrior fashion

Dc2twJtVQAEKvnj.jpg

You came back an hour later for an edit and you still missed the mark.

Just making a dumb joke as an excuse to post the picture, but okay. You imagine your movie and I'll imagine mine and we'll both forget them when we see the actual film.

https://youtu.be/0ktSr9Xniho

Bit of a specific request - I've been inspired by watching this link of my favourite era of PJ Harvey and id love to watch movies that evoke a similar feel to the music. The lyrics are steeped in gothic melodrama/romance/tragedy/the occult and seem to be from the perspective of various tortured personalities.

Any ideas? It's sort of weird old folk tales of mysticism or something.

The Monster Squad is fun and if this film manages that then cool.

hm...

You're blaming the film for something that exists in your brain.

edit: me taking down tec with his own comment in brutal alien warrior fashion

Dc2twJtVQAEKvnj.jpg

You came back an hour later for an edit and you still missed the mark.

Just making a dumb joke as an excuse to post the picture, but okay. You imagine your movie and I'll imagine mine and we'll both forget them when we see the actual film.

Good plan.

• shit, this started so promising but then it went full retard home alone mode, what a waste of eye-candy cinematography... pretty much the new feminist movie on the street...

(clickable image)

MV5BNDkxN2Y2NWItNmZmYi00YTM3LTk3NGUtYmM4

• this was indeed pretty wtf, and i'm all about wtf, kind of trying to shock just for the sake of it but i dug it anyway, the more this girl tried to disgust me the more i got entangled by her spoiled personality...

(clickable image)

MV5BMTk5NTIxNDk4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ1

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

this was indeed pretty wtf, and i'm all about wtf, kind of trying to shock just for the sake of it but i dug it anyway, the more this girl tried to disgust me the more i got entangled by her spoiled personality...

(clickable image)

"German Amelie" LMAO

I wanna watch this

(clickable image)

"German Amelie" LMAO

I wanna watch this

nah, no way jose, lol

really eye candy color grade, not those shitty amelie yellow/green tones, and plotwise it is disgusting but not cloying over meticulous like amelie... amelie is one of the worst things ever made... :^D

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

(clickable image)

"German Amelie" LMAO

I wanna watch this

nah, no way jose, lol

really eye candy color grade, not those shitty amelie yellow/green tones, and plotwise it is disgusting but not cloying over meticulous like amelie... amelie is one of the worst things ever made... :^D

I picked that up on imdb user reviews.

I think they meant the cultural differences, specifically, how dirty Germans can get which is hilarious.

My Son My Son, What have Ye Done?

Really wanted to like this but the moments it tries to be a bit old skool herzog/lynch it just doesn't seem to hit the mark fully...great cast, has a lot going for it, but can't quite reach the greatness its trying to achieve. I'd say 3 bags of popcorn and a little figure of Michael Shannon.

Really wanted to like this but the moments it tries to be a bit old skool herzog/lynch it just doesn't seem to hit the mark fully...great cast, has a lot going for it, but can't quite reach the greatness its trying to achieve. I'd say 3 bags of popcorn and a little figure of Michael Shannon.

:(

i loved it :)

my-son-my-son-what-have-ye-done.jpgMV5BOGUxOWJiYzMtZjBjNi00MzA4LTg5ZDItMjRm

:(

i loved it :)

my-son-my-son-what-have-ye-done.jpgMV5BOGUxOWJiYzMtZjBjNi00MzA4LTg5ZDItMjRm

The locations were beautiful for sure! Loads of great potential, but it just missed the mark for me - but that's not to say its awful or anything. It's better than most stuff put out, guess I just had a bigger expectation from it...that being said I would probably watch it again sometime :cisfor:

also don't think there's a better actor playing the unhinged mother role than Grace Zabriskie, she's amazingly unsettling.

Hawking - The one with Cumberbatch

Switched this on a quarter way through for no reason as I was off to bed, ended up watching the whole thing. Pretty good then.

isle of dogs. not very good. sits at the bottom three wes anderson movies with fox and darjeeling. 

voices felt off and phoned in. should've used the cast from homeward bound

visuals were impressive tho

also don't think there's a better actor playing the unhinged mother role than Grace Zabriskie, she's amazingly unsettling.

true dat! plus michael shanon plays a really great fucked up dude and Chloë Sevigny is sexy as hell! :^)

loved the still images which weren't quite still, just people standing... i'm a sucker for stuff like that...

I haven't watched much of the recent Marvel films so I watched a video on YouTube that claimed to catch me up on events, then I saw the new Avengers today. 

2 1/2 hours and it seemed liked half a movie? I think just being out of the loop with the other Marvel movies did hurt me somewhat. It all worked and made enough sense for me to get through it and enjoy and follow what was happening mostly, but I very much felt like I missed out on a ton of other stuff. The problem is that the stuff I felt I was missing was the rest of the plot and reasons and by the end the what-happens-next basically...not gonna talk spoilers but like, yeah. Seems a bit crazy that they did what they did and made it (mostly) work and feel okay, weighty, and reasoned.

I will say it felt very much like a comic book (story arc) thrown onto film: the shit ton of fight sequences and character battles really reminded me of being 7-14 and playing with toys or reading comics, just pitting Character A against Character B: FIGHT! And it was all done pretty earnestly and honestly and with enough emotion and humor to keep me interested. Wasn't bored for more than about 2 minutes during the entire movie, so if we're judging movies based on that (we're not, I know, but still, I am right now) then cool. Good job Avengers Infinity War? Bad job Avengers, where was Infinity War part B?