IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City

cear

Guest Gravity

Just saw he finally released this track I've always liked from a radio show a while back. It's a split between him and Jimmy Edgar, Travis = Aden / Jimmy = Creepy Photograph.

the other new track

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird album. Gunshotta sets things off and heads for the jugular, after that its a bit soft and drippy.... Some nice tracks for sure but the massive tune Gunshotta seems a bit out of place...Unless its a concept album about somebody being shot to death then a journey through a loved up dreamworld.... :mellow:

Some good tunes for sure, its a good listen for me. But too be honest there seems about 3 killer tunes on here which makes the others seem weak.

Guest cult fiction

Weird album. Gunshotta sets things off and heads for the jugular, after that its a bit soft and drippy.... Some nice tracks for sure but the massive tune Gunshotta seems a bit out of place...Unless its a concept album about somebody being shot to death then a journey through a loved up dreamworld.... :mellow:

Some good tunes for sure, its a good listen for me. But too be honest there seems about 3 killer tunes on here which makes the others seem weak.

It's a concept album about a city where each district reflects a part of his personality.

Gunshotta is the hard thug part - you know that comedian that was hating on Travis' shirt? Caught a bullet.

This album suffers because the bar is set so high with the first track. Maybe the others will improve with a few more listens. Gunshotta rips your face (ears) off, and then it's all goes a bit candyfloss. And for me that doesn't quite compute or make sense. I want the energy and attitude to continue, instead everything goes a bit limp.

Still a good listen, but frustrating all the same.

Guest Zelmo Swift

tangentially related:

did you catch his remix of Congo Natty's "UK Allstars"? Holy shit, I like that more than anything on Vapor City, personally.

I hope he does an EP of jungley stuff like that.

This album suffers because the bar is set so high with the first track. Maybe the others will improve with a few more listens. Gunshotta rips your face (ears) off, and then it's all goes a bit candyfloss. And for me that doesn't quite compute or make sense. I want the energy and attitude to continue, instead everything goes a bit limp.

Still a good listen, but frustrating all the same.

yeah, I'd agree that there is a bit of a "candyfloss" edge to some of the tracks, but overall, I have to say I like this collection of tracks.

I can easily listen all the way through the album and I'm finding fewer and fewer albums I can say that about as the years go by.

Liking the fresh takes on many an old D&B/Jungle rhythm scattered across the 10 tracks.

tangentially related:

did you catch his remix of Congo Natty's "UK Allstars"? Holy shit, I like that more than anything on Vapor City, personally.

I hope he does an EP of jungley stuff like that.

for me the greatest thing he has done in a while now is this:

anyway, i liked "room(s)" way more. i really get the impression getting signed to ninja tune is not for every artist. though a lot of guess probably prefer machinedrum soulful, instrumental approach.

got the CD today. very nice packaging but the printing seems to be a little low quality. hmm.. must be really new because it's not even on discogs yet. but yay! anyway rooms is better but this is great and i love machinedrum so w/e

ahhhh I dunno, had another listen to this today, and I just think this is such a weak album. It hasn't got much (whats the word)....umph too it. Yet I still don't dislike it! I still want to play it. I can't see me heading back for many more plays though.

It's good but its way too easy listening to me. I can't believe the brilliant Gunshotta opens it, what the fuck is that doing on there? Just seems out of place.

A bit of a dissapointment (IMO) Sorry :sleep:

It's good but its way too easy listening to me.

I can see why you'd say that. It's a 'poppier' album than 'Room(s)' - 'U Still Lie' for example. I still like it quite a bit and I can put it on with friends without it being too in your face for them.

It's good but its way too easy listening to me.

I can see why you'd say that. It's a 'poppier' album than 'Room(s)' - 'U Still Lie' for example. I still like it quite a bit and I can put it on with friends without it being too in your face for them.

Maybe easier to listen to just because you've heard and like room(s) already?

Guest murphythecat8

ahhhh I dunno, had another listen to this today, and I just think this is such a weak album. It hasn't got much (whats the word)....umph too it. Yet I still don't dislike it! I still want to play it. I can't see me heading back for many more plays though.

It's good but its way too easy listening to me. I can't believe the brilliant Gunshotta opens it, what the fuck is that doing on there? Just seems out of place.

A bit of a dissapointment (IMO) Sorry :sleep:

my feeling pretty much. Its a bit blend. Nothing really original. easy listening. its boring imo.

Its great background music, but with headphone and doing nothing else but listening to the music, it bores me.

I'd like some of whatever drug the chick on the right is on.

Travis pls

that flip of luchini is fucking sick too

Also from yt comments (lol)

i love how the puppies are secured in place by his belly while the mother bobs away to the beats.

I'm won over by this album

same, didn't like it at first because i wanted another room(s), once i got over that i found it stunning.

i'm coming around to this - i wanted room(s) 2. but this works in a different mode. would have been interesting if this was released first and rooms was the followup. I like to think of each album representing how I feel about each label lol. Vapor City is verrrry ninja tune to me

interesting to see how a pro like Travis differentiates his live sound mix from his album .I'm noticing 2 main things, one is that there is almost no large reverb, fake record crackling or any sort of muddying dirty vibe in these mixes. They are far more clean and dry sounding than anything on his last 2 albums. It makes me realize that for myself over and over again I make the mistake of trying to play stuff the way it's mixed on a record of mine out on a large sound system. There is much less risk involved in terms of the result sounding shitty with a dryer/cleaner mix like what he's playing here

interesting to see how a pro like Travis differentiates his live sound mix from his album .I'm noticing 2 main things, one is that there is almost no large reverb, fake record crackling or any sort of muddying dirty vibe in these mixes. They are far more clean and dry sounding than anything on his last 2 albums. It makes me realize that for myself over and over again I make the mistake of trying to play stuff the way it's mixed on a record of mine out on a large sound system. There is much less risk involved in terms of the result sounding shitty with a dryer/cleaner mix like what he's playing here

2 main things?

Archived