IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City

cear

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than Room(s)? Wow

This is quite good.... I like it more than Room(s).

Damn!

Playing the leak, first two songs OMG! This is going to be incredible

it has a little bit more a cohesion and rigidity to it that Rooms did not have. The slower songs are interesting. Can't say it's better than rooms yet, as it sounds remarkably similar and just perhaps a little more poppy. It also has a much more classic jungle feel to it, with a lot of soul-pride breaks being used. Really good album though *crosses fingers that Syndrone influences appear on next album*

So what does this sound like?

sexy ambience. big bass. jittery drums. lush pads. raggamuffins toastin mad breakz. chipmunks crooning in space. melancholy junglist. soulful r'n'b cp30 electric piano. boc via lone via machinedrum melodies. strummin acoustic guitars. urban middle schools. burial-school vinyl cracklescapes.

been on constant rotation since I got it. I think overall it may be a stronger album if we were to rate it on album alone. It feels less restrained but at the same time more focused and refining the similar sound from Rooms.
There is maybe only 1 song on here I don't really enjoy, which is a better 'miss' ratio than Rooms. However there isn't a song that has knocked 'Now U Know Tha Deal 4 Real' off it's pedestal

Well... entertaining LP for sure. But it feels not close as serious and mind-bending like Room(s) for me. Combined with all his talk about the concept of a (dytopian) city and listenting to this LP as a whole I feel a little uninspired from the whole thing.

Archived