IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City

cear

I'd like some of whatever drug the chick on the right is on.

lol yeah she looks fucked...maybe shrooms/acid? the asian chick bouncing around is pretty cute though

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Double lol, I actually wanted to work her into my semi-witty commentary but couldn't come up with anything. She is all sorts of cute though, and appears to be genuinely enjoying the musics too, also hawt. I can defiantly get behind that.

that flip of luchini is fucking sick too

YESSSSS one of my all time fave hiphop productions. love hearing it in just about any form.

I'd like some of whatever drug the chick on the right is on.

lol yeah she looks fucked...maybe shrooms/acid? the asian chick bouncing around is pretty cute though

Haha, I was walking home from a friend's birthday in Chinatown that night and right before I got to the train back to Brooklyn I heard footwork blasting out of some building. I knew that the Boiler Room set was that night but I guess it was supposed to be a friends only deal so I had no idea where it was. Anyhow, ended up sneaking in, pretty fun set. Nice to see Travis again too, we would run into each other at parties a lot back around 2007-2009.

And yeah, that girl was very cute!

I'm kinda late here, but I finally bought this album a week or so ago. My ability to write reviews is meager compared to Alcofribas's, but to me MD's style on this album feels like a throwback to late '90s drum'n'bass. I reckon that's why he's on Ninja Tune innit.

Anyway, fav trac right now is Center Your Love.

eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie *some rasta vocal-thing* eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie eyesdontlie

I'm kinda late here, but I finally bought this album a week or so ago. My ability to write reviews is meager compared to Alcofribas's, but to me MD's style on this album feels like a throwback to late '90s drum'n'bass. I reckon that's why he's on Ninja Tune innit.

Anyway, fav trac right now is Center Your Love.

thx bro

9/10

Guest cult fiction

I am just back from the live show.

Fuck me, that was the best gig I've been to in ages

aaaaaaaaages

Can you quantify what made it so good, wondering if travis has improved or changed up the show since i saw it

I am just back from the live show.

Fuck me, that was the best gig I've been to in ages

aaaaaaaaages

Can you quantify what made it so good, wondering if travis has improved or changed up the show since i saw it

Live drummer, live singing, guitar, wicked visuals.

Encore

nice points. I don't know about the suits at NT wanting a house treatment of Room(s) though, they've never particularly been inclined in that direction? it might just be my ignorance of much of their catalogue speaking here, but it seems to me like this record is the first of its kind on NT.

agree with everything xxx said above. He does somehow reach a higher level than almost any other current 'dance' music producer. It's hard to believe it's the same Machinedrum who produced all those glitch-hop albums

"handbag house" was a derogatory term during the last techno boom cycle of the late 90's. It was meant to slag the bourgeois co-opting of underground rave aesthetic into a non-offensive soundtrack for your sushi dinner and runway show afterparty. Sometimes I get too far in the weeds so, yeah, not literally "house" but let's say "corporatized Room(s)" as that's more contemporary. :feelsoldman:

it might just be my ignorance of much of their catalogue speaking here, but it seems to me like this record is the first of its kind on NT.

They also put out Falty DL's recent album Hardcourage. He's another Planet Mu "expat" and his stuff is quite house-y. He draws from a ton of genres actually, like an old school garage DJ. Also, in order to segueway xxx's comment, he was a sushi chef prior to producing full-time. :emotawesomepm9:

Ninja Tune has diversified a lot recently, lot of LA Beat Scene signings too. They've actually managed to get out of their jazzy breakbeat and trip-hop pigeonhole. I swear Mike P. mentioned that they and 4AD have distribution and PR advantages over Planet Mu, which is why may producers have left over the years.

Archived