The first half of season 2 is summadabest twin peaks

+1

i kinda enjoy season 2 a little more than season 1 (maybe coz i watched season 1 so much and know what the conclusion is whereas season 2 is straight up- black lodge weirdness in full effect)

You know, for all the praise this series gets, I saw it once and don't plan on seeing it again. The cancellation, low audience, and the usual tv-business crap really hurt Season 2. It's been a while since I watched it, but I remember a big chunk of Season 2 was a drag; cheesy sub-plots, cringe worthy love-interest crap... It's a great series, but not even a fraction of what it could have been

• 2 weeks later...

I've not really ever watched it from start to finish so looking forward to giving it a go as the music and other Lynch projects really inspired me as a kid when all I had was the soundtrack and the odd snippet of stuff caught on TV when I should have been in bed.

Guest jasondonervan

Turned up yesterday:

iyBZfeuwrc8Vr.jpg

Will make a start on it once I've finished my current run of the Blu Ray set.

• 2 weeks later...

finished rewatching the entire series and movie thanks to the bluray set and finally got to see the movie's deleted scenes. absolutely fantastic. i'm in love with the black lodge convenience store meeting scene. "from pure air, we have descended... from pure air"

Guest bitroast

3 episodes are away from finishing the series^^

been taking my time with this one. have to be in the right mood or I find myself not paying attention.

can definitely say season 2 takes a plunge into absolute tedium, but has managed to swing itself back into quite good.

when david lynchs character comes back and is sitting in diner with cooper. yelling at the waitress. omg. he could not be funnier.

looking forward to finally finishing the series, and of course, having the opportunity to watch the movie.

can definitely say season 2 takes a plunge into absolute tedium, but has managed to swing itself back into quite good. when david lynchs character comes back and is sitting in diner with cooper. yelling at the waitress. omg. he could not be funnier. looking forward to finally finishing the series, and of course, having the opportunity to watch the movie.

Yeah the return to form near the end of S2 is pretty darn swift. It's like a dad returning from holiday, leaving the kids in charge and going "What the bloody hell did you do to my house when we were away ?!"

Guest jasondonervan

can definitely say season 2 takes a plunge into absolute tedium, but has managed to swing itself back into quite good. when david lynchs character comes back and is sitting in diner with cooper. yelling at the waitress. omg. he could not be funnier. looking forward to finally finishing the series, and of course, having the opportunity to watch the movie.

Yeah the return to form near the end of S2 is pretty darn swift. It's like a dad returning from holiday, leaving the kids in charge and going "What the bloody hell did you do to my house when we were away ?!"

I'm currently languishing in the tedious underbelly of S2 on my first-time runthrough of the Blu Ray set. It's a bad thing to admit, but I'll often find myself drift on to browsing on my iPad just to keep my mind active, it really is sleep-inducing stuff otherwise. Like you say, fortunately the latter part of the series redeems things nicely.

Leland pls

I stopped 5 or 6 episodes in season 2 out of boredom. I love 6 to 8 episode seasons and the first season of TP was perfect. You Brits have it down unlike the American 22(!) episode seasons filled with completely irrelevant content to the story - yes, I'm looking at you, Breaking Bad!

I will finish Twin Peaks one day I'm sure. Especially since some of you say it picks up midway season 2.

I've been anxious to get hold of this box set since it was first announced but with money being too tight to mention at the moment I might have to wait a few months and pick one up on eBay, what was y'all's opinion of the package as a whole? There was a lot of yapping when this was announced but the thread kinda slowed down a bit after release. Ain't you had enough time to fish through the 9 discs and digest the delerium?

Also, at work today i spent half an hour on't net looking for a decent Lost Highway blu-ray with some extra features (making of, deleted scenes). I love that damn film.

dude, all of the stuff looks proper.i'm sure you know the details. downloaded 720p rips of stuff. gonna watch FWWM: Missing pieces at the weekend with a friend on his projector. the thing is an hour and a half. If i had the dough i would deffo's invest.

that interview with the palmer fam looks cool too, they've aged so well.

I don't about this whole Twin Peaks thang, tried so many times to get into it, but it just never grabs me.

For all its good moments, it's always ruined by its cheesy moments.

*hides*

Edited by Npoess

Guest bitroast

I don't about this whole Twin Peaks thang, tried so many times to get into it, but it just never grabs me.

For all its good moments, it's always ruined by its cheesy moments.

*hides*

The cheesy moments ARE the good moments. I mean, the show is mix of surreal and mystery and humour. The cheesy has its place in the mix.

(I think i owe it to getting into the x-files to appreciating the cheesy in twin peaks..)

Edited by bitroast

I guess my tolerance for cheese is just not high. I mean the whole show looks and sounds like some soap opera my grandmother would watch. And I've always wondered if the cheese is intentional or not.

But I can see why people would like it, because it has its moments (obviously the very Lynch kind of moments), but it's just not my cup of tea (or coffee) I guess.

Edited by Npoess

watching the Missing Pieces is like watching an alternate version of Fire Walk With Me... it's all constructed and edited like a movie of its own. it's awesome. reminds me of how if you choose to watch all the deleted scenes from Blade Runner in order you have essentially a whole different movie.

Guest fiznuthian

I guess my tolerance for cheese is just not high. I mean the whole show looks and sounds like some soap opera my grandmother would watch. And I've always wondered if the cheese is intentional or not.

But I can see why people would like it, because it has its moments (obviously the very Lynch kind of moments), but it's just not my cup of tea (or coffee) I guess.

yeah it has a weird vibe but give it a serious shot. i attempted to watch twin peaks several times and never made it past the pilot. one day out of boredom and low on netflix choices i laid down to watch it again. it became my favorite show!

Guest bitroast

yeah it has a weird vibe but give it a serious shot. i attempted to watch twin peaks several times and never made it past the pilot. one day out of boredom and low on netflix choices i laid down to watch it again. it became my favorite show!

Ditto (kinda).

Tried watching pilot and a few eps and it didnt click. Stopped watching.

Few months later. Was watching early x-files pretty consistently at the time. Tried twin peaks again and it was like watching a different show. Like the time spent mulling over it on and off helped me get what its about. It 'clicked'!

Guest fiznuthian

Ditto (kinda).

Few months later. Was watching early x-files pretty consistently at the time. Tried twin peaks again and it was like watching a different show. Like the time spent mulling over it on and off helped me get what its about. It 'clicked'!

weird innit? what a change..

the day i watched the last episode i was so fucking upset. it absolutely gutted me when it was over and i had no more twin peaks to watch.

Ditto (kinda).

weird innit? what a change..

the day i watched the last episode i was so fucking upset. it absolutely gutted me when it was over and i had no more twin peaks to watch.

Totally feel your pain. Such a great final episode but what a devastating way to shut up shop.... Series 3 would have been aweaome