Christ, it's like he's assembled every single cast from all of his movies for these two new seasons of Twin Peaks. I wonder if he's simply tying all his universes together? I think he mentions in the book Lynch on Lynch that Lost Highway takes place in the same universe as Twin Peaks?

I recently released an EP of Twin Peaks covers with my friend (there's also one original in there that just fit the vibe). Aesthetically the production's not too far off from my Zephyr Nova stuff, but there's also guitar, vocals, trumpet, and singing --these are all Julee Cruise covers, composed by Lynch and Badalamenti. Apparently she's heard it and likes it. Thought some of you peeps might be interested. It's free.

https://songsfromtheblacklodge.bandcamp.com/releases

Bumping this as it's great!

I think he mentions in the book Lynch on Lynch that Lost Highway takes place in the same universe as Twin Peaks?

WTF?! Then Mulholland Drive also plays in the same universe. The cowboy and the mephisto dude are exactly the same entity, both also have the same skills.

I just though lynch was tryin to process a bad acid trip, using all these reoccuring elements, like the red carpets, the tranforming women and all the other little things in most of his works. I hope you know, that you just fucked up my weekend. Gaaaawddamn, now i need to rewatch everything and put this information into place.

FUCK! Does Bob have characteristic traits, that the Mephisto and Cowboy also have?

Been rewatching this (again).

Started on Series 2 last night - blimey that first double episode is a bit of a drag but I love the old waiter guy at the start of the episode who bring Coop the warm milk.

Thumbs up!

I think he mentions in the book Lynch on Lynch that Lost Highway takes place in the same universe as Twin Peaks?

WTF?! Then Mulholland Drive also plays in the same universe. The cowboy and the mephisto dude are exactly the same entity, both also have the same skills.

Why would Mulholland Drive take place in the same universe as Lost Highway and Twin Peaks? Nothing super natural happens in Mulholland Drive.

I don't recall any supernatural stuff in Lost Highway either, I thought that the psychogenic fugue theory covered all bases. I always thought that Lost Highway and Mullholland were more closely linked than Twin Peaks' world is to either of them because Lost Highway and Mullholland events stem from the minds of the protagonist. But I guess that's debatable.

Why would Mulholland Drive take place in the same universe as Lost Highway and Twin Peaks? Nothing super natural happens in Mulholland Drive.

we're talking Lynch, don't try to apply logic

we're talking Lynch, don't try to apply logic

True. And every single analysis/interpretation of what's going on is just as true as the next one.

Did anyone get the criterion blu rays of Eraserhead or Mullholland Drive? After watching The Entire Mystery i'm seriously impressed with the image and sound, especially on Fire Walk With Me which is like a different film from when I last watched it 15 years ago (partially due to my much improved hardware). I now want definitive versions of as much as I can get, the Eraserhead disk has an ultra HD transfer which looks brilliant and a bunch of short films and a lot of interviews.

I remember thinking there was a strong connection between Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire, but it's been a while since I've seen either one so I forget the details.

I think it's safe to say most of his projects are linked at least thematically.

http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/twin-peaks-collection?_ga=1.232627167.1534805130.1461955408&awc=6336_1461957813_37dae9cd86ec86ea3ce894309825d123&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=awin

Super cheap if you are in the UK, £17.99 for the blu ray boxed set. Grab it while you can. Free delivery too

Edited by fletcher

Holy shit, that's cheap. I think I paid £60 for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the vinyl remaster of the soundtrack is almost upon us.

I can't help thinking that £28.99 plus carriage for a single 12" disc that is a brown smudgy "coffee" colour is just ever so slightly expensive.

So the vinyl remaster of the soundtrack is almost upon us.

I can't help thinking that £28.99 plus carriage for a single 12" disc that is a brown smudgy "coffee" colour is just ever so slightly expensive.

Yeah it's a bit gougey. Same with the Blade Runner 180gm reissue.

But of course I pre-ordered the fuck out of this, and I'll be doing it with the Fire Walk With Me reissue too.

• 2 weeks later...

3 episodes are away from finishing the series^^

been taking my time with this one. have to be in the right mood or I find myself not paying attention.

I did this as well. Just finished it last night. Watched almost non stop then my wife, my 1 year old son, and I moved so we put off the last few episodes for months until we were settled in the new house. Then we held off until we were on vacation in Cloudcroft, NM. Appropriately it is a very sleepy mountain town with a very Twin Peaks-y vibe.

The jarring end was something I kind of expected but was still a bit shocked by it's abrupt cliffhanger.

I kind of knew it was coming when the bank scene dragged on hilariously for what seemed like a quarter of the episode. I was also worried it'd be a Bob Newhart ending where Cooper wakes up and is like "What a weird dream!" and Harry and Hawk find Annie and everything is a-ok. So the toothpaste Bob mirror meltdown was a better alternative to a rushed resolution.

The intensity of the black lodge scene was payoff though. That line "See you in 25 years" gave me chills...I had no idea that the new season corresponded with that!

So besides watching Fire Walk With Me is there anything else I should check out before the new season? I was skimming the internet and this thread and apparently there were some books and deleted/missing scenes released as well...

Edited by joshuatx

been taking my time with this one. have to be in the right mood or I find myself not paying attention.

I did this as well. Just finished it last night. Watched almost non stop then my wife, my 1 year old son, and I moved so we put off the last few episodes for months until we were settled in the new house. Then we held off until we were on vacation in Cloudcroft, NM. Appropriately it is a very sleepy mountain town with a very Twin Peaks-y vibe.

The jarring end was something I kind of expected but was still a bit shocked by it's abrupt cliffhanger.

I kind of knew it was coming when the bank scene dragged on hilariously for what seemed like a quarter of the episode. I was also worried it'd be a Bob Newhart ending where Cooper wakes up and is like "What a weird dream!" and Harry and Hawk find Annie and everything is a-ok. So the toothpaste Bob mirror meltdown was a better alternative to a rushed resolution.

The intensity of the black lodge scene was payoff though. That line "See you in 25 years" gave me chills...I had no idea that the new season corresponded with that!

So besides watching Fire Walk With Me is there anything else I should check out before the new season? I was skimming the internet and this thread and apparently there were some books and deleted/missing scenes released as well...

Besides Fire Walk With Me with all the deleted scenes, there is one book that a few people recommended in here but I still haven't read that (forgot the title, but it's a few pages back on here). However, there is going to be an official book about the history of Twin Peaks, written by Mark Frost himself, coming out in 50 days:

http://us.macmillan.com/static/fib/twin-peaks/

TP-bookshot.gif

Besides Fire Walk With Me with all the deleted scenes, there is one book that a few people recommended in here but I still haven't read that (forgot the title, but it's a few pages back on here). However, there is going to be an official book about the history of Twin Peaks, written by Mark Frost himself, coming out in 50 days:

http://us.macmillan.com/static/fib/twin-peaks/

TP-bookshot.gif

Yeah posted the trailer for it a while back 

The Laura Palmer diary is alright.

Who's getting the soundtrack on vinyl?

I'm going to wait and hope that this new pressing makes the original pressings cheaper, mostly because they changed the artwork into something... else (sperge-alert). Julee Cruise' Floating In The Night on vinyl is higher on my list anyway, and at least they kept the original artwork intact.

edit: oh, who am I kidding, I'll probably still end up buying them both