IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Well, I was never promised any "surprises" per se - that was a bit of Joyrexian Hype™ on my part :emotawesomepm9:

:cerious:

I call bullshit, I'm extremely grateful for what you've done Joyrex it's fucking awesome but me thinks that you did expect something additional but it did not actually arrive

Well, of course - I always hold hope that something awesome and unexpected would happen, and it did - Richard didn't have to bother giving the track titles, did he? I'm personally grateful so I don't have to bear idiots making up track names...

lol manners.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Fantano is doing those comic interludes because he has ambitions to do some material on SNL or Jimmy Fallon.

lol, he would fit right in. dare i say it (cause of so many fans here) also available to be booked on conan.

ill be honest. my initial reaction to this album was like all my first reactions to an expected release from Richard. Sadness and disappointment. I expect one thing and get something else entirely. My expectations cloud my appreciation for a bit. After a few listens i really love it now for its own unique stamp.

wow this really hit the nail on the head for how i am with most of his music too. i got it most with the rdj album, as well as the fact it was so short. that's the beauty of it all really, you never know what to expect and he can wrong-foot you. I'm glad you posted this, i thought i was alone in this mindset.

one tune that blew me away first time waas his remix of baby d's normal. it was an instant yay!

Well, I was never promised any "surprises" per se - that was a bit of Joyrexian Hype™ on my part :emotawesomepm9:

I call bullshit, I'm extremely grateful for what you've done Joyrex it's fucking awesome but me thinks that you did expect something additional but it did not actually arrive

Well, of course - I always hold hope that something awesome and unexpected would happen, and it did - Richard didn't have to bother giving the track titles, did he? I'm personally grateful so I don't have to bear idiots making up track names...

lol manners.

I think we're getting 2 close

lol manners.

I think we're getting 2 close

No, really - it's a pet peeve of mine, started with the Joyrex series and SAW II - I'm so glad that at least with the Joyrex series, he gave them proper names on the Caustic Window Compilation release. Some fans can't seem to wrap their heads around the pictures for SAW being the track names, and they really don't have actual "names" per se (barring BLUE CALX).

Some fans can't seem to wrap their heads around the pictures for SAW being the track names, and they really don't have actual "names" per se (barring BLUE CALX).

"My favourite track on SAWII is that one on the top left-hand circle that's a bit blurred and has some lines on it"? The titles are for communicative purposes largely, aren't they? I mean, a picture isn't really a name, is it? It's a picture, or an avatar.

Some fans can't seem to wrap their heads around the pictures for SAW being the track names, and they really don't have actual "names" per se (barring BLUE CALX).

"My favourite track on SAWII is that one on the top left-hand circle that's a bit blurred and has some lines on it"? The titles are for communicative purposes largely, aren't they? I mean, a picture isn't really a name, is it? It's a picture, or an avatar.

Why aren't the SAWII song pictures made into emoticons for us on here? I mean, this is WATMM. Such unnecessary and possibly useless fanboyism is expected, nay, required around here.

Why aren't the SAWII song pictures made into emoticons for us on here? I mean, this is WATMM. Such unnecessary and possibly useless fanboyism is expected, nay, required around here.

dunno, feeling a bit rounded-corner macro of white domino about that idea tbqh

oh shit, it could work

Edited by baph

Just read Kickstarter Update #13

I would say it would be a good idea to try and get into Guinness.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/yerblues/vinyl_fetish__a_list_of_some_of_the_most_valuable_vinyl_records/

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/most-valuable-records.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_collecting#Most_valuable_records

Quick glance at these links and I surmise the average "valuable" record sells for $7000, exceptional ones sell for $30k, and uber-gems with some one-of-a-kind valued attribute (like autographed) might fetch $100-400k *IF* they sell at all.

I'd say $115k for a record made by an artist, with nowhere near the clout of Lennon, Dylan, or Elvis, is pretty noteworthy. I would love to travel forward in time a few hundred years to see how the future remembers RDJ.

Just read Kickstarter Update #13

I would say it would be a good idea to try and get into Guinness.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/yerblues/vinyl_fetish__a_list_of_some_of_the_most_valuable_vinyl_records/

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/most-valuable-records.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_collecting#Most_valuable_records

Quick glance at these links and I surmise the average "valuable" record sells for $7000, exceptional ones sell for $30k, and uber-gems with some one-of-a-kind valued attribute (like autographed) might fetch $100-400k *IF* they sell at all.

I'd say $115k for a record made by an artist, with nowhere near the clout of Lennon, Dylan, or Elvis, is pretty noteworthy. I would love to travel forward in time a few hundred years to see how the future remembers RDJ.

Thanks for that - in looking at the Wikipedia article though, the CWLP barely cracks the top 10...

i know Richard has said in the past that he couldnt release certain highly experimental music hes done. I would like to put a vote in as a potential buyer for his experimental stuff. its not the 90's anymore. we can handle it, and i really love that kind of stuff

I was hoping some tracks from the Old Trout set he did back in '93 would be featured on CWLP, loved that stuff.

[youtubehd]TgdYh7rgEmQ[/youtubehd]

Oh by the way,

RDJ said in an interview (lol) that he made his own quality digital rips of his records so as to DJ with a laptop.

The digital rip of the CW LP probably exists for years, in RDJ HD.

Maybe the one we got was copies from these files.

(Which could explain the track titles)

Oh by the way,

RDJ said in an interview (lol) that he made his own quality digital rips of his records so as to DJ with a laptop.

Then what was the point of the ripping process?

Guest bitroast

Oh by the way,

yeah true. I mean, he definitely whipped out 101 rainbows during the Melbourne show just 2012.

The super-special terms of the super-exclusive agreement between WATMM and Rephlex meant that the audio had to come from the particular copy for sale.

Yeah.