IGNORED

Flying Lotus - You're Dead!

Guest bitroast

it sounds like someone taking a big soggy shit into my ears. The mastering on that track is so harsh in the high end and sounds so compressed that I can't get past it to hear whatever message he's trying to get across.

It's not for me. I'm glad you like it. You open minded nun.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's two threads I've clicked on one after another (one's I don't really give a flying fuck about tbh. kanye/flying lotus/zzzzzz)

and what do I find? Stephen and Ivan talking about nuns

i have jitters :unsure:

it sounds ok on my nunslaughter system and good music requires a few listens don't you agree??

i even bet the album will be better then the new clark

that's two threads I've clicked on one after another (one's I don't really give a flying fuck about tbh. kanye/flying lotus/zzzzzz)

i have icy jitters

lulz

My system is fine

WHATCHU PACKIN BRAH?

lol jk

NTRD8yu.jpg?1

:biggrin:

Just something about the high end really hurts my ears and I have to turn it down really low. It's really grating.

I'm usually a fan of flylos stuff so I feel bad hating on it but it seems like all these kanyes and lamars etc are a bad influence on the guy. Liked his work better when it was just him.

Guest bitroast

it sounds like someone taking a big soggy shit into my ears. The mastering on that track is so harsh in the high end and sounds so compressed that I can't get past it to hear whatever message he's trying to get across.

Pretty much all flylo sounds super loud and harsh on cd/digital.. Vinyl has always sounded cleaner and flatter (but then you can eq it and get it sounding amazing). Im assuming this will sound fine on the record..

Brickwalled to death shit

Pretty much all flylo sounds super loud and harsh on cd/digital.. Vinyl has always sounded cleaner and flatter (but then you can eq it and get it sounding amazing). Im assuming this will sound fine on the record..

You could be right man, I hate to be so quick to judge. I'll still give the album a go =)

And the big soggy shit thing was just hyperbole for Ivan's viewing pleasure lol

You could be right man, I hate to be so quick to judge. I'll still give the album a go =)

And the big soggy shit thing was just hyperbole for Ivan's viewing pleasure lol

hell yeah man and he was inspired by slayer for this album so fuck the production quality!!

beerwolf, steph g pliss buy this record and support the war against the nunwhore commandos

I really loved the 'Never Catch Me' track, even tho I never heard any Kendrick rap before, but the Coronus track just doesn't make me feel anything. It's just so...plain.

I'm afraid that album might not be the "30 minutes free form fast jazz" trip I hoped it would be :/

you guys are fucking crazy this album is gonna rock and the kendrick track is amazing!

for shame

Long ago I accepted that wattm likes aphex and the 'chre, and can have good recommendations from time to time, but can be almost dogmatic and defiant in its commitment to being uncool. It's like trying to get your grandma into Meshuggah or something.

you guys are fucking crazy this album is gonna rock and the kendrick track is amazing!

for shame

Long ago I accepted that wattm likes aphex and the 'chre, and can have good recommendations from time to time, but can be almost dogmatic and defiant in its commitment to being uncool. It's like trying to get your grandma into Meshuggah or something.

If the album sounds bad to us it sounds bad to us, we're not all hipsters. Just the mastering and composition so far on these sample tracks is subpar to his previous works, at least to my tastes. The mastering also hurts my ears and screams amateur (I suspect this is more because of all the collabs, seems like flylos solo work has better mastering.... a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario maybe?).

It's not an effort to be uncool, though I can't speak to other peoples comments.

Sounds okay enough, I'm sure I'll enjoy the album. The album should be called Flying Lotus and Thundercat - You're Dead!..... I think he over utilizes thundercat these days. I really like the jazzy feel, but it's just OK jazz. I guess I'll have to wait to hear it all but I really thought he was going to push the jazz drummer angle and blow me away with some crazy timings and beats, but those previews are meh. Brainfeeder can't hold ground if they just keep releasing the same times of tunes... monopoly, teebs, fly lo, all good but I feel they need to branch out a bit more.

If the album sounds bad to us it sounds bad to us, we're not all hipsters. Just the mastering and composition so far on these sample tracks is subpar to his previous works, at least to my tastes. The mastering also hurts my ears and screams amateur (I suspect this is more because of all the collabs, seems like flylos solo work has better mastering.... a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario maybe?).

I'm getting that feeling too with his stuff lately. Too much going on and the end result is kind of a mess in all ways.

My system is fine

WHATCHU PACKIN BRAH?

lol jk

NTRD8yu.jpg?1

:biggrin:

That is a great rug.

My system is fine

WHATCHU PACKIN BRAH?

lol jk

NTRD8yu.jpg?1

YOUR SPEAKERS AREN'T EQUIDISTANT FROM TEH WALLS

YOUR SOUNDSTAGE WILL BE FUCKEDS

YOU ARE BANNED FROM STEROPHILE MAGAZINE HENCEFORTH

They are equidistant actually! It's just a weird angle for the photo. I have to toe the speakers in about an inch though otherwise stuff doesn't image proper. lol

sorry you baphstard lol

also 11111 posts baph! :nyan::trollface::cool::sorcerer:

hmmm, i'm actually kinda worried that i won't like this record.

i definately know i won't like this record just based on the current samples. nothing is standing out for me. the last flying lotus album i bought was los angeles and i actually sold that off just before 'cosmograma' came out because i realized i know longer listened to it.

i don't mind checking out flying lotus, but i've kinda realized, not only was i spending too much time listening to music that was no longer rewarding, but it was also almost a full time chore just keeping up with things getting released, not to mention expensive. i never even listened to 'my love is a bulldozer' despite having it because i didn't consider it worth the time. now it's been long since deleted.

Archived