IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I notice I listen to Syro once a day at work (web developer) and not out of fan obligation or anything. I actually just look forward to the Syro journey one hour a day. That has truly never happened with an Aphex album for me. I usually just obsess over certain mind blowing songs. Taken as a whole it's such an enjoyable ride.

валера, у меня тоже самое. раз в день за вёрсткой прокручиваю ;)

"Valerie, I have the same thing. once a day for the imposition scroll" ok

I sometimes put Rushup Edge in with the Syro tracks and put on shuffle. What a damn good collection of tracks these all are. Doesn't feel jarring at all. Could listen to it probably all day. (I took out 180db :fear: )

I've had it on repeat in the car almost continuously since release day, got to be somehere in the neighborhood of 50 plays now. Not getting bored of it either, I'm still getting more and more familiar with it I think. I listen to other stuff at home but on the road anything but Syro just feels wrong at this point. :braindance:

Hate to say it, but have heard Syro only 5 times, haven't heard it for two weeks and I haven't had any urge to hear it again... Never had that before with any Aphex stuff. I played Drukqs constantly for years, I remember even playing the Analord samples from Boomkat for weeks and weeks in a row and I completely rinsed The Tuss when it came out. I just don't feel this (yet), even though I really liked it.

It's like when as a kid you never wanted to shower even though you really like it when you finally do it.

afx-dessin.jpg?itok=486QSfMJ

afx-dessin2_0.jpg

Anastasia is not bad at drawing. Weird that the Tsugi's French journalists said they visited Richard in his home in London.

What interview? Translation anywhere?

http://www.tsugi.fr/editions/2014/10/07/tsugi-76-face-face-avec-aphex-twin-7025

haven't been playing it everyday either cause this shit is a heavier kickrush to my only ball then i thought

it's good to let it sink and breath now and then.

thank you aphex god to share your magic with us larva

Hate to say it, but have heard Syro only 5 times, haven't heard it for two weeks and I haven't had any urge to hear it again... Never had that before with any Aphex stuff. I played Drukqs constantly for years, I remember even playing the Analord samples from Boomkat for weeks and weeks in a row and I completely rinsed The Tuss when it came out. I just don't feel this (yet), even though I really liked it.

It's like when as a kid you never wanted to shower even though you really like it when you finally do it.

afx-dessin.jpg?itok=486QSfMJ

afx-dessin2_0.jpg

Anastasia is not bad at drawing. Weird that the Tsugi's French journalists said they visited Richard in his home in London.

What interview? Translation anywhere?

http://www.tsugi.fr/editions/2014/10/07/tsugi-76-face-face-avec-aphex-twin-7025

I can't read French (well) + I don't see an interview (yet)? Thanks for the link anyway :)

Six listens so far. I've been spacing it out with one to two other albums in between. If I played my favorite album of all time 50 times in a row I'd be sick to death of it and probably never want to hear it again. As it stands, I'm still enjoying the album more with each successive listen. Very good sign.

I started listening on shuffle pretty early on. When I get the urge to cue up a particular track (which is not infrequently), it's generally something from the second half. All the tracks are great, but the second half is definitely my fix. I've also gotten a lot of satisfaction from folding Syro into the typical ADDJ rotation. Heightened enjoyment and appreciation all around. Syro has magnified my love for Drukqs, making me seriously rethink the feasibility of polyamorous relationships. If it feels good, do it.

Aye, the second half destroys! Though I think the piano piece is sorely missing being swung from a giant pendulum andd accompanying doppler effect. Cmaj7 is a lovely chord, but it really needs something else going on to keep me engaged... serves as a a nice pallette cleanser to end things i suppose. Plus who doesn't like birds?

I started listening on shuffle pretty early on. When I get the urge to cue up a particular track (which is not infrequently), it's generally something from the second half. All the tracks are great, but the second half is definitely my fix. I've also gotten a lot of satisfaction from folding Syro into the typical ADDJ rotation. Heightened enjoyment and appreciation all around. Syro has magnified my love for Drukqs, making me seriously rethink the feasibility of polyamorous relationships. If it feels good, do it.

Yeah it made me listen to Drukqs more and the tuss less

Pretty cool how the technology is able to locate it though. Background noise in vids omg though, it's not like what posted is a commercial venture, and that's just the start of what's wrong with this, b nice when you can have your own easily indexable with an open source interface user owned streaming account from your own servers.

I've had it on repeat in the car almost continuously since release day, got to be somehere in the neighborhood of 50 plays now. Not getting bored of it either, I'm still getting more and more familiar with it I think. I listen to other stuff at home but on the road anything but Syro just feels wrong at this point. :braindance:

^this

Yeah it made me listen to Drukqs more and the tuss less

I've blasted Rushup Edge a few times since the release. Still sounds pretty dope to me. It has an aesthetic purity/focus that's rather remarkable. Dat Drukqs, though. Still the pinnacle of recorded music, in my opinion. Glad to see that it's more Dark Side of the Moon than The Wall, if you catch my drift.