IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

To think how long he's held onto tracks of this quality without giving a shit about releasing them. It's fucking criminal. How can you have a track like XMAS EVET10 sitting there for years and be content with not showing it off???

And Produk 29 is one fucking moody beast. I get a boner every time she says "Whore".

The first half of this is perfect for a lazy Saturday morning (pre coffee). Second half is for when I've had my coffee and let the adrenaline run its course, paying strict attention. wooo

Guest HokusPoker

PAPAT4 is the first track I love. Also it isn't as 'thick' soundwise which I enjoy far more than that Clark-y sound.

I like 4 bit 9d as well, but… at 1:24 there's this lovely melody, which is repeated at 1:31 but altered in exactly the way 90% of mediocre producers would do. It makes me cringe everytime. That has never happened with Aphex so far.

I'm just not feeling this album. It may be interesting from a technical point of view, but there are very few moments where I get the Aphex feeling. I keep trying.

Edited by HokusPoker

I'm just not feeling this album. It may be interesting from a technical point of view, but there are very few moments where I get the Aphex feeling. I keep trying.

I feel the same, but mainly about the last half of Syro. I really love the first 5 tracks and the last one.

was feeling the same way borys until i played the whole album out loud (not in headphones). the crazy second half ones are too tough in headphones for me. you let them out into the open and they run around the room and are a joy to watch and not inspect.

I feel the same, but mainly about the last half of Syro. I really love the first 5 tracks and the last one.

Did anyone else notice the Syro track calling back to Circlont6?

definitely. I keep waiting for that bit that starts at 2:40 on circlont6a to pop back in
At what point are you hearing this in syro u4? I haven't noticed

I don't have a minute marker but it was def towards the end

Beau Thomas mastered all the vinyl

Not Mandy Parnell

other way round no?

says on mine and in the PDF

Mastered by Mandy Parnell

except Minipops 67 by Beau Thomas

I've stayed out of this thread cause its cringe.

CD from Norman

Vinyl from bleep

Both arrived this morning, vinyl has 2 A/B's no E/F :(

Oh man that sucks! *goes to check his own in case it has happened to him*

was feeling the same way borys until i played the whole album out loud (not in headphones). the crazy second half ones are too tough in headphones for me. you let them out into the open and they run around the room and are a joy to watch and not inspect.

Totally! I don't have digital copies yet, just vinyl, so it worked better to just blast it! Also, I moved my speakers so they were facing up towards to ceiling. Delicious chaos!!!

I took my t-shirt off before I listened to this to prepare my body. It felt right. Awesome.

lol so beautiful

Me too. Someone blasted to heat in my apartment so I didn't have a choice. Took my pants off too. That felt less right. Awesome.