IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Argh at work, missing all this. How many tracks are we up to now??????

sorry 151 I think, one was deleted by SC error

Edited by hoggy

yesterday/today 40

1 was irrelevant

Edited by 4d0lf

jeepers. might sack off work and go home and get my collection up to date, get the headphones on!

jeepers. might sack off work and go home and get my collection up to date, get the headphones on!

I'm stuck here running meetings in the evening, can't even stream some tunes on my headphones. :catcry:

Ah, go take a dump.

Also, LOL @ CCAI EP being a "contract breaker".

Richard. Is. Just. Getting. Started.

Thank you papa :music:

We're clearly about somebody who wants to get these ghosts out of his life and move onto new things!

Guest Londonskater

ps - how about warp was just like 'dude you fucking helped establish us and we go way back and we're all cool and we've made our money off you, everything from now on is just awesome who cares' and aphex was like 'yeah i want to release all this shit but you'll never be able to handle it so i'm going to just upload it on soundcloud' and warp was like 'cool dude can't wait to hear what you put up there'

you guys seriously love theories

This is the most likely in my view.

In my limited experience with independent labels, there is such a backing of artists by the owners that all sorts can happen purely from the angle of getting the music out there.

I deal a fair few bands from a different genre of music and there are a couple of labels within this scene who release live "bootlegs" all the time as well as demos and other leftovers. These labels aren't run by gun running criminals but actually by a couple of the people from the bands themselves...

Where do they source the material? Direct from the band, of course.

"Hey - we recorded a killer live set. Our label doesn't want to release it. Give us x amount of cash and we will give you the masters and you can press it" and then 10,000 records are pressed...all sell out and end up on discogs for $100 each.

The only reasons it didnt come out on the label they are signed to is because the label didnt want to put this stuff out as part of their 3 LP deal and their overheads are too great to take a risk on something which might struggle to make minimum orders.

Its becoming a good source of income for some bands as well as just being an outlet for people who primarily are doing this because they absolutely love making music.

This cache of music being released realistically has 2 CDs of killer stuff max (and thats the bit where I'll get shot down)...the rest is amazing for solid fans. Better to bung it all on Soundcloud, create a ton of hype and move on over releasing a 4xLP/2xCD which gets reviews saying its not so great and then this being reflected on pre-orders of new LPs coming out in the future.

I dunno...rambling a bit. But thats my view/insight. I wrote this in between three phone calls at work, so if it makes no sense I apologise.

yesterday/today 40

1 was irrelevant

which one?

you mean "[80s tite]"?

yes