IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Does anyone reckon all of this free music is, in part, a reaction to Aphex's music on Spotify/streaming services?

I noticed some drukqs tunes had been removed from YouTube, having been up for ages prior to this year.

Really annoyed those were taken down. All those comments and views are gone forever now. I can say for sure that a good percentage of people would never have become fans of Aphex if they couldn't listen to his tracks on youtube. All it ends up leading to is people pitch shifting and time stretching the songs so they can bypass the copyright filter, which always sound awful.

nothing official on all warp releases plays on u tube in germany

Edited by pyramidpanes

Can someone do me a favour and share the comment Richard made about the naming of 26MFC by Rob Mitchell? I've searched through his SC comments and this thread and can't find it anywhere. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/comments

on Diskhat ALL Prepared1mixed [snr2mix]

@morelockd: That is your projection, it was actually named 26 remixes for cash by Rob Mitchell RIP from Warp records because I met all the people from record companies etc in various streets around london and exchanged the DAT's for cash, so they wouldn't know my bank details or address. I've actually recieved more hate as I've become more well known, I didn't get any to start with.

Can someone do me a favour and share the comment Richard made about the naming of 26MFC by Rob Mitchell? I've searched through his SC comments and this thread and can't find it anywhere. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/comments

on Diskhat ALL Prepared1mixed [snr2mix]

@morelockd: That is your projection, it was actually named 26 remixes for cash by Rob Mitchell RIP from Warp records because I met all the people from record companies etc in various streets around london and exchanged the DAT's for cash, so they wouldn't know my bank details or address. I've actually recieved more hate as I've become more well known, I didn't get any to start with.

Many thanks man!!!

Wasted the last hour trying to fucking find it on the user... account page. ha

9 days ago he said "all these uploads, ive been picking a certain kind of track, i might widen the net, have done a few times already"

Now that the latest track description on 5 7z is "net widen 2 clicks", who knows what craziness could be coming next

9 days ago he said "all these uploads, ive been picking a certain kind of track, i might widen the net, have done a few times already"

Now that the latest track description on 5 7z is "net widen 2 clicks", who knows what craziness could be coming next

Good catch!

Good catch!

Seconded!

I thought that meant he'd just started posting tracks from 95, not 94?

He's uploading now btw :D

I thought that was part of the meaning as well but I couldn't remember if he had posted anything past 94 yet and I wasn't checking 200 tracks to find out :)

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I read it as he's been choosing tunes from through the years with a certain kind of sound and he's gonna start widening the net to include more unexpected nuggets

...like Mulberry Bush

Guest beatgunk1

i don't like Gak Police; except for that everything after Mulberry is brilliant!

gosh you know what's good, it's getting out with friends without your laptop. if I was around all the time and listened to the tracks one by one as they were uploaded I wouldn't be this happy, instead I came back to my home after a while and BOOM 10 TRACKS, I'm sure someone gets this

I read it as he's been choosing tunes from through the years with a certain kind of sound and he's gonna start widening the net to include more unexpected nuggets

...like Mulberry Bush

Yes I think that's correct, as he's already posted a 1998 for instance, and he specifically said "type of track"

i don't like Gak Police; except for that everything after Mulberry is brilliant!

gosh you know what's good, it's getting out with friends without your laptop. if I was around all the time and listened to the tracks one by one as they were uploaded I wouldn't be this happy, instead I came back to my home after a while and BOOM 10 TRACKS, I'm sure someone gets this

yeah I know what you mean, I work making software so I'm on a computer most of my day so F5'ing and haunting the forums is a good way for me to pass time between builds and tests, much more satisfying to wake up after a night out to find fresh tunes to rise to

Guest beatgunk1

also this wasn't posted yet but I'm sure someone noticed

[sc5]205462095[/sc5]

[sc5]205464011[/sc5]

Amongst his latest comments he mentions an old friend who used to give him police interview recordings nicked from a station, which were used for tracks such as Un Stabbing Interview. I did wonder about that title, gives it a bit more of a dark tinge to think we could be hearing chopped up, mangled murder confessions transformed into afx sounds.

Guest beatgunk1

loving string slush (except that weird bar of percussion, outtake?), reminds me of something not AFX but can't quite remember what

girl/boy song, Goon Gumpas?