IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

highly doubt BOC has anything near the amount of unreleased tracks as these guys

unless they're lying in their interviews, BoC have been making music basically full-time since the late 1980s ... they lived in a commune (for most of this time) and made a ridiculous amount of music. i'd guess they have roughly as much stuff as RDJ.

and even if they have less, i'm guessing it's higher quality than a lot of this Aphex soundcloud stuff ... I worked through most of it today and obviously 2/3rds of the tracks are crap (which is fine, that still leaves ~100 quality tracks; thanks Richard!).

this is the dumbest thing two people have ever talked about

points waschermann to every compson thread, ever.

highly doubt BOC has anything near the amount of unreleased tracks as these guys

unless they're lying in their interviews, BoC have been making music basically full-time since the late 1980s ... they lived in a commune (for most of this time) and made a ridiculous amount of music. i'd guess they have roughly as much stuff as RDJ.

and even if they have less, i'm guessing it's higher quality than a lot of this Aphex soundcloud stuff ... I worked through most of it today and obviously 2/3rds of the tracks are crap (which is fine, that still leaves ~100 quality tracks; thanks Richard!).

i find that incredibly hard to believe, and I've read those claims in the interviews. It's true though that when i first read it about Richard I doubted it too, so i guess anythings possible. Im curious to hear some of their early live recordings, I remember reading they would do these epic psychedelic rock jams with drum solos. Sort of ironic that pretty much entire sub genres of music later appeared which were essentially people putting a psychedelic alt-rock spin on the BOC aesthetic

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i find that incredibly hard to believe, and I've read those claims in the interviews. It's true though that when i first read it about Richard I doubted it too, so i guess anythings possible. Im curious to hear some of their early live recordings, I remember reading they would do these epic psychedelic rock jams with drum solos. Sort of ironic that pretty much entire sub genres of music later appeared which were essentially people putting a psychedelic alt-rock spin on the BOC aesthetic

Any examples on the psychedelic BOC alt rock?

you went through 17 hours of music today and judged most of it to be crap?

(hi pbn)

literally listened to the tracks all day (I was excited!) while working; obviously if I wasn't feeling a track I would skip around a bit or just delete it, but I think I literally spent 8-10 hours listening to Aphex

[hello!]

Any examples on the psychedelic BOC alt rock?

Black Moth Super Rainbow springs to mind off the bat.

(hi pbn)

literally listened to the tracks all day (I was excited!) while working; obviously if I wasn't feeling a track I would skip around a bit or just delete it, but I think I literally spent 8-10 hours listening to Aphex

[hello!]

You're not supposed to listen to the entire archive in one sitting. It's no wonder you got bored of it.

Spread the material across a few sessions. Maybe limit yourself to 20-30 tracks a day. Don't skip anything unless you're really really not enjoying it. Then do the same thing again some other time. Alternatively, you could listen to the dump on shuffle now and again.

There are some absolute gems here which completely blow his 2015 releases out of the fucking water. In fact, I'd regard some of it as his all-time best work. You need to give this material a fair chance, and eventually you'll reap the rewards :)

(hi pbn)

[hello!]

You're not supposed to listen to the entire archive in one sitting. It's no wonder you got bored of it.

Spread the material across a few sessions. Maybe limit yourself to 20-30 tracks a day. Don't skip anything unless you're really really not enjoying it. Then do the same thing again some other time. Alternatively, you could listen to the dump on shuffle now and again.

There are some absolute gems here which completely blow his 2015 releases out of the fucking water. In fact, I'd regard some of it as his all-time best work. You need to give this material a fair chance, and eventually you'll reap the rewards :)

Don't even want to give them the extra clicks for this but:

https://thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/i-listened-to-the-entire-aphex-twin-soundcloud-dump-in-one-sitting

thats a pretty big target to hit though. And we're talking about planned societal scarcity, collapse and martial law type deal, so being away from the centres of that action is where the countryside holds promise. Thing is though, does he know how to grow crops, have a greenhouse/polytunnel. Maybe the missiz is up with that qit, either that or he didn't show his tinned beans room when talking about all his studios.

Still though, new zealand, etc and.

I hope this means what I think it means...

Untitled_1.jpg

I wonder if rdj has some luxury fallout shelter up there in Scotland or something

Can't open the pic, can someone post a link or something...

I hope this means what I think it means...

Untitled_1.jpg

I wonder if rdj has some luxury fallout shelter up there in Scotland or something

Can't open the pic, can someone post a link or something...

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971

Thanks, hadn't seen the new status before when I checked.

Wonder what he means by it though... Can't help but hope for a new sc dump :)

Guest bitroast

that or the afx orphans arriving at peoples doorsteps

a bit of pre-AFX orphan EP soundcloud activity(/free promotion) doesn't seem totally out of the question .. tbh ..

F5 keys at standby ...