IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Does anyone else find it weird that the official Aphex Twin sc page has 2000 less followers then the user18081971 page?

Do 2000 people not know it's him?

Not really. The official page isnt as active. The amount of activity stemming from the "user" page spreads much wider on soundcloud by people makign playlists and sharing and commenting on songs. I personally know people who signed up for soundcloud just because of this cump (only 2 but whatev). rare and exciting things are being offered up on the "user" page and because of this I think more people want to be notified of when it updates.

Confession: I dont follow the official page :emb:

EDIT: lol and theres an update ont he official!

Edited by colunga

AFX just posted a status update with a dinner with andre clip that is fucking brilliant. And some insightful replies on a not particularly insightful comment.

^ Cool! Worthy of posting here imo :)

@ubiquitous-reverser: yeah well almost all my tracks for the first 10 years were all live and I wouldn't save any files, if i did id usually delete them or overwrite them, so there are loads of things id want to change but thats why I made that choice, it was all about the moment, I was a kid I couldnt be fucked to edit stuff a day later, I didnt even have the patience to write on the cassette or even remember what tapes i used...and im glad I did it that way, im older now and I do things differently, its not better or worse, just different. With everything gained something is lost.

Does anyone else find it weird that the official Aphex Twin sc page has 2000 less followers then the user18081971 page?

Do 2000 people not know it's him?

Not really. The official page isnt as active. The amount of activity stemming from the "user" page spreads much wider on soundcloud by people makign playlists and sharing and commenting on songs. I personally know people who signed up for soundcloud just because of this cump (only 2 but whatev). rare and exciting things are being offered up on the "user" page and because of this I think more people want to be notified of when it updates.

Confession: I dont follow the official page :emb:

EDIT: lol and theres an update ont he official!

Good point!

Another dark soundcloud (after them announcing paid subscriptions as well as being almost bankrupt):

http://www.factmag.com/2015/08/12/soundcloud-is-suspending-peoples-accounts-over-music-that-they-own/

youtube wouldn't let me upload my own music stating that it was already licensed, even though it wasn't licensed and yep, pain in arse, much pain.

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but '11 Donkey Rhubarb Remix' is now '11 Donkey Rhubarb rdjchild Remix'.

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/11-donkey-rhubarb-remix

No I assume changed it just now after the recent comment "did your child make this"

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but '11 Donkey Rhubarb Remix' is now '11 Donkey Rhubarb rdjchild Remix'.

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/11-donkey-rhubarb-remix

No I assume changed it just now after the recent comment "did your child make this"

Nah, this title was already up for at least a few days.

He also added equipment info to 24 ems-alias mgroove:

ems synthi'a' [1st gen].

Yamaha tx16w.

memorymoog.

dx7.

studiomaster star system mixer.

DEP5.

atari 1040 & Dr T's

just stumbled across all this soundcloud stuff ... wtf man, thanks Richard

Hey look everyone, it's playbynumbers!

Where you been dude? Anyways - sit down and strap in, you're in for a ride! (check the µ-Ziq soundcloud account too hint hint)

just stumbled across all this soundcloud stuff ... wtf man, thanks Richard

Hey look everyone, it's playbynumbers!

Where you been dude? Anyways - sit down and strap in, you're in for a ride! (check the µ-Ziq soundcloud account too hint hint)

lol thanks, will check it out.

someone seriously needs to explain Soundcloud to BoC! ffs man, if BoC released ~300 of their early tracks on Soundcloud I'm pretty sure I would literally have a heart attack and aneurysm at the same time

highly doubt BOC has anything near the amount of unreleased tracks as these guys

https://soundcloud.com/mikep/ole

•  

• JDSY says at 0:31:

better than afx

• Posted 2 hours ago2 hoursuser18081971 says at 0:31:

@jdsy: it aint downloadable though !-)

Richard talking some shit
giphy.gif Perfect response from a guy who's been asked to make his tracks downloadable at least 800 times since January

Richard's being a softie, he could take a below the belt shot about how _________________

Edited by John Ehrlichman

highly doubt BOC has anything near the amount of unreleased tracks as these guys

i don't know man, geogaddi alone was cut down from over 90 tracks to 23. they probably don't have as much as rdj but i'm sure they're sitting on a good pile of unreleased tracks.

unless they're lying in their interviews, BoC have been making music basically full-time since the late 1980s ... they lived in a commune (for most of this time) and made a ridiculous amount of music. i'd guess they have roughly as much stuff as RDJ.

and even if they have less, i'm guessing it's higher quality than a lot of this Aphex soundcloud stuff ... I worked through most of it today and obviously 2/3rds of the tracks are crap (which is fine, that still leaves ~100 quality tracks; thanks Richard!).

Edited by playbynumbers

unless they're lying in their interviews, BoC have been making music basically full-time since the late 1980s ... they lived in a commune (for most of this time) and made a ridiculous amount of music. i'd guess they have roughly as much stuff as RDJ.

and even if they have less, i'm guessing it's higher quality than a lot of this Aphex soundcloud stuff ... I worked through most of it today and obviously 2/3rds of the tracks are crap (which is fine, that still leaves ~100 quality tracks; thanks Richard!).

this is the dumbest thing two people have ever talked about