IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I wonder what the number of tracks will be a year from now if he keeps randomly adding more.

I have a fear that soundcloud will go to shit soon. I really hope not

The handful of new non syrobonkers modular tracks are even better than the syrobonkers ones, wicked

yeah I mean makes sense though they were supposed to get a proper release at some point it sounds like.

Disabled downloads? As in tracks were available for download but now they aren't anymore?

Fuck. Did anyone get them lol?

At least three (that's how many I have) of the latest modular tracks (those uploaded yesterday, so after the Nzq* ones) were downloadable. Then he disabled downloads for all of them. Maybe he'll make them available again as a batch when he's done? Just guessing here.

I dl the available modular traxx before he pulled the dl button; wav and aif/aiff files...

Not my sound at all but I appreciate everything Richard puts up on sc!

I remember hearing an interview with James Stinson in which he said that he always recorded his music in 1 take to "catch the moment".

(Interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqDuYJhpWU )
I always loved this approach so much: it just shows craftmanship and mastery of the machines.

Then i read this: very impressed.

@indulin: yeah syro is all live apart from marchromt which has got some edits, live or not live dont matter, i just prefer to do it like that most of the time, for a few diff reasons.

Edited by Guest

Long overdue update of my archives, things got a bit messy when we went through that long phase where not all tracks were downloadable but I've finally gone back through my entire collection and tried to ensure that everything is thoroughly up to date with new art and comments on the older uploads etcetera. Looks like he may have just started a new batch with the modular tracks so not the most strategic time to post these probably but I know there exists at least one WATMMer who'd like to download them, so I decided to share right away. If Aphex continues to upload and make everything downloadable I can always do a smaller update again whenever there is a lull.

Updated 26 August 2015

Tracks 1-112

Tracks 113-157

Tracks 158-175

Tracks 176-230

Tracks 231-235

File names are unchanged, as downloaded from Soundcloud. Tracks uploaded as WAVs and AIFFs have been transcoded losslessly to FLAC to save a little space.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. Track numbers are the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags are as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. I included some hashtags in the Comments tag here and there, only when I wanted to preserve them for some reason (so not those where it's just "afx" or "early afx" or whatever).

Any tags from the original files besides what was already in the Comments tag are missing. The Traktor or iTunes stuff is gone, but occasionally there were also different Title or Album tags like 'dats digital', 'un dat comp', et cetera. I've deleted all of that for the sake of uniformity. I've resorted to keeping a separate folder with the unchanged files to preserve everything, but you can download those off of Soundcloud obviously (except for the two deleted tracks which were untagged anyway as the only available MP3s are of their 128 kbps streams).

It'd be nice to let me know if you find that I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

Thanks for this :)