IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

guys, how many tracks did richard delete? I have a theory that from early on he planned to upload only 100 tracks, but because of duplicates he needed to delete a few . This way 100 tracks would be kind of checkpoint or...(nononononononono).... the end.

guys, how many tracks did richard delete? I have a theory that from early on he planned to upload only 100 tracks, but because of duplicates he needed to delete a few . This way 100 tracks would be kind of checkpoint or...(nononononononono).... the end.

why do you think that? I think the only clue we have as to how much he might post is the 1/483 thing

I think that, starting from the Hangable Auto Bulb era, what you would considered a listenable track was longer to produce. Before that, he would jam on synths and drum machines, and it's a lot easier to get 3, 4 or 5 minutes of listenable music this way. I don't think he's got a lot of unreleased finished Drukqs songs, but instead things like "7 Cutting".

So, yeah, i think the uploads will be more scarce tomorrow, but i really want to be proved wrong.

maybe, but I'm hoping there are more alternate mixes/versions at least. Like teh delco freedom mix and the early fenix funk mix and maybe some early prototypes of vordhosbn or something. Plus, there's definitely some very cool live track's i've heard that sound like early drukqs attempts.

i think you guys are wrong.... he was using software at this point making this a LOT easier presumably... i think he has more tracks from the late 90s early 2000s than other eras for sure...

i have a weird feeling we may get a more definitive answer to what Steinvord actually was in the near future, the era of full RDJ transparency has arrived

Great, now Richard will upload a track with [steinvord Alias Edit] in the name and WATMM will lose it's collective shit...

Guest bitroast

don't suppose the epic "melt" track has surfaced?????? that would be splendid

uummmm are you referring to synthacon 9 ? by the tuss ? by any chance ?

I'm holding out hope he puts up all the Windowlicker alternates and outtakes - the ones that were officially released were superb (Windowlicker is probably my favourite Aphex track of all time next to Alberto Balsalm), and I'd love to hear more.

I've always wanted to hear more of the downtempo version of Windowlicker that plays at the start of the video underneath the dialogue between the two guys. Don't know if there's any more to it other than what was in the video, it sounds like it fades out instead of ending, maybe it's a whole track. The bass in that one is great.

I'm holding out hope he puts up all the Windowlicker alternates and outtakes - the ones that were officially released were superb (Windowlicker is probably my favourite Aphex track of all time next to Alberto Balsalm), and I'd love to hear more.

I've always wanted to hear more of the downtempo version of Windowlicker that plays at the start of the video underneath the dialogue between the two guys. Don't know if there's any more to it other than what was in the video, it sounds like it fades out instead of ending, maybe it's a whole track. The bass in that one is great.

I think that's a (unreleased) luke vibert mix no?

i have a weird feeling we may get a more definitive answer to what Steinvord actually was in the near future, the era of full RDJ transparency has arrived

Great, now Richard will upload a track with [steinvord Alias Edit] in the name and WATMM will lose it's collective shit...

lol

Guest bitroast

Remember folks - the UK is 5+ hours ahead of most the US, so it's probably time for the kiddos to be put to bed...

yesss. put the kids to bed then back to the computer for up late uploading :)

Man, as if every gap was filled it certain regards. Like holes in your teeth thats aching for years get now the attention they deserved the whole time.

Remember folks - the UK is 5+ hours ahead of most the US, so it's probably time for the kiddos to be put to bed...

yesss. put the kids to bed then back to the computer for up late uploading :)

The man's got to have time to MAKE music too, you know!